New York, NY
CUNY Hunter College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Hunter College

Ligia

If i could go back in time and talk to my past highschool self i would definitenly advise myself to study ahead and not let the work pile up. My freshmen year was harsh because of the fact that my highschool did not teach me good enough skills to learn how to study on my own and i had to make it up during my first semester in college.

The best thing about Hunter College is defitinely the education. In this school your taught very well and basically drilled the information into your head. It prepares you well for future jobs.

A person who likes a busy environment and can handle stress well.

Emilienne

If I could advise myself about what to really expect from college, I would note how crucial both sleep and excellent health are to surviving. Excercise is also important to integrate into your schedule. As a dance major, I excercised every day in class. For others, however, make sure to keep your body active - endorphines are important for brain function, too! Avoid drinking alcohol. This takes away from your ability to function healthily. Dealing with a new hectic course schedule and trying to manage life without parental figures isn't easy when one must always be focused on becoming well and making it to classes, rather than perfecting their work and enjoying themselves as new, responsible young adults. Commit to eating well and not spending every waking hour surrounded by friends. In my personal experience, I saw that most students cared more about the social scene than they did succeeding in their chosen major. This is not the way to truly benefit from college. Your new friends are your "family ", and that is important, but your choice to attend college should be based on what you want to make out of your studies there, not how popular you will become.

Amber

If I could go back in time and better educate myself about college there would be three things I would want to change. First I would want to have my parents support me so that I could make better decisions as to choosing a school, registering and completing the financial process. Secondly I would have my parents help me open a savings account and save money through the school year so that I could purchase necessary college items. I wouldn?t have to go back to school to learn I am very intelligent and I work very hard. It was just hard for me to graduate school while working two jobs. I graduated high school with honors and I had to do it alone. That?s the most important thing I would like to change I would like to have my family support and carry me so that I don?t get denied the right to enter college because I don?t have good credit. I would go back in time to change my financial situation so that it wouldn?t hinder me from achieving any dream or goal I may have.

Yvette

Small classes, professors who know your name, friends for life, extra-curricular opportunities if you want, but is still a school of a pretty big population.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself advice about college life and making the transition. I would tell myself that although I made the hard decision to go across country to school, it will be worth it. And even at times when the transition feels impossible to overcome, it will get easier as time goes on. As for college life, I would tell myself that joining an organization/club at school, like the Hillel, was the best decision for making instant friends and a comfort place where I could always turn to for help. I would say going to Hunter was the right choice because I am in the ultimate city that I love and has my love of theatre. I would say, Hunter's freshman Block program, where you will be with the same 20 students for all your classes, because there you will find your friends for life and your future roommates. I would tell myself to be studious but to also enjoy college life because it is one experience that I will only experience once. This is the time of your life.

Someone expecting to party and not do the work. Someone who just want to blend in in a classroom/lecture hall of over 300 students. Someone who wants a "typical" campus feel.

Safiyah

It is in the city right near Central Park.

It is in the city right near Central Park.

I would tell myself that slacking off in those AP classes did not pay off so well, if only I had concentrated more and not gotten senioritis then I would have matriculated more credits going into college. Other than that, i adjusted well with the amount of credits I transferred with and how much I have matriculated now.

Sofya

For the most part they are nice and helpful.

For the most part they are nice and helpful.

If I could go back and talk to myself as I high school senior I would probably tell myself to relax because choosing to go to Hunter was the right decision and that I was more ready for college than I thought. I say this because I remember it took me a long time to decide which college to go to, out of fear of making the wrong decision, however it didn't take me very long to see that I had indeed made the right choice. Also, the advanced placement classes I took helped me prepare greatly for college so the transition really wasn't that hard. And finally, I would tell myself that I was right about college being a great experience, because at least up until now, it really has been.

I feel like I belong - my efforts are noticed.

Grace

Do not worry so much, college is not nearly as stressfull as high school.

Do not worry so much, college is not nearly as stressfull as high school.

A liberal/ open minded student who is not afraid to meet an internationally diverse group of classmates.

Ammon

Visit the college on a busy school day and just talk to people. Walk up to them, tell them that you are considering the school and ask them what they think. People understand what a big decision it is and will be happy to tell you what they like and dislike about their school. Professors and students, when not being watched by anyone from the administration, have no vestid interest in promoting their school to those whom it will not be a good match for. Therefore they are an invaluable resourse for you. An added bonus to doing this in person is that you can see what the campus is like, who is there, what's the energy of the place, the style, the vibe, etc.

I wish I knew to get involved in more social groups. Outside the clubs, there really is not much going on on campus, and therefore little opprotunity to meet people. A good social life requires that you take the first step.

It is overcrowded. Class size is not too bad, 30-40 for most classes. But the hallways and elevators and escalators are all always stuffed to capacity. They need more space, or fewer students. Also, they need more fulltime professors. I had many excellent Adjunct Proffessors, but it itsn't fair to them to be denied a full time job.

Keshia

its diversity and competitiveness to get into the nursing program.

its diversity and competitiveness to get into the nursing program.

check the campus out and see which school is right for you. dont force your children to attend a school that the they are not comfortable in, let them choose because its their education, not yours.

its racially diversity because there was no majority or minority in Hunter College. it was equally diverse and you get along with everyone.

Gregory

A definition of an Urban commuter school!

A definition of an Urban commuter school!

In the end It will be all about you. Don't ever pick a school entirely because of its fame or prestige or educational offerings. The very first thing one should do is take a tour or maybe an overnight visit. Engage and interact with your tour hosts and others about the offerings of the school beyond academics. I began Hunter College determined to study biology but soon after my old love for films turned into a passion. Through my classes and interacting with other students and my professors I have sinced become a film major with a bright outlook on the future!

Although Hunter College has an estimated 14,000 Student body, there are only 4 buildings. As a result, finding the right courses are always a painful process.

CUNY Hunter College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.