New York, NY
CUNY Hunter College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Hunter College

Regina

The most popular student activities include some fraternities and sororities, certain sports like track and basketball, and clubs for dancing and entertainment.

The students are all fast-paced and knowledgeable.

Young

This school is best known for its affordable tuition, in other words, most bang for your buck school.

College is an entirely a new plane of field. Be all you can be. It just don't apply to U.S. Army anymore but to college prospects as well. The chances of your classmates know who you are are slim, and if they do. Let's say classmate B is from your highschool and exactly wasn't your pal, but that's okay. Classmate B is just one in a sixty or more depending on your college classroom environment. Therefore, Classmate B also is a foreigner in a universi-polis. And now you have the second chance to start over, make the first impression you wanted, the one that you wanted to be back in high school or a better you. So break the box around you, experience to the fullest of your capabilities both academically and non-academically. Meet new types of friends, sign up for a club, take classes that always interested you which is not related to your field of study; afterall, must you not forget why you are in college. From my experience, four-years go by quick and if you are not focued in school, you may risk another year in school...

A person who desires a campus life and be able to connect with other students outside of the class.

Cait

The kind of person who should attend Hunter College should be an idependant, autonomous and determined person who is set on their goals. Hunter College had all the resources, aid and knowledge one could need, but the student must be ready to use and attain what is offered. A student who attends Hunter College should also be an open individual ready to communicate and engage in a friendly, diverse and unique New York City environment.

If I had the opportunity to go back and speak with myself as a high school student, I would have a lot to say. Primarily, my message would be to stay calm and take your time as you begin. I would emphasize this first because a lot of students, including myself, are too eager to excel and prove themselves in the beginning. In this way, you can easily lose focus on what is most important -- yourself and happiness. There is no sense stressing if you do not have too. Do not overwhelm yourself by taking on too many classes with heavy workloads. Be easy on yourself by taking what is required and performing your best within your means. I would also explain that independence and fun are exciting aspects of college life, but always put responsibility and health first. In addition, I would urge myself to save as much spending money as possible while in high school! I would tell myself to prepare for many nights eating ramen noodles and pizza. Finally, I would tell myself that what is to come will be a wonderful adventure and to expect plenty of new experiences that will change your world.

The worst thing about my school is dealing with Financial Aid. Unfortunatly, there is a lot of run around and waiting in lines to get through. The people who work in the department are exhausted and have very difficult jobs organizing and dealing with many students. As a student you must be patient, organized, ready with your information and prepared to follow their directions. If you stick with it, the difficulties will end, but it will be a hardship.

nicole

About Hunter? Nothing. Only possible thing? Close proximity to subway trains.

About Hunter? Nothing. Only possible thing? Close proximity to subway trains.

The lack of necessary classes available and opened to allow students to graduate on time. The fact that transfer students have to wait to get into necessary classes which in reality is just a problem sparked by not having enough classes, as had been stated as the first most frustrating thing.

Gabriela

my classmates are city kids that don't like to waste time. If we aren't on campus we are running around the city taking care of errands, working, or interning. In class we talk and participate to sitmulate a converstaion. Everyone is incredbily diverse.

The best thing about my school is also the worst thing, and that is, that it is a commuter school. Because it is not a campus people are coming and going all day and it is definietly quiet during the weekends. However you can't beat having a campus in Manhattan and going home after class.

Victoria

My classmates are smart and hardworking individuals from different walks of life with the same goal and determination as every other person who attends college, which is to have a career, whom I’ve been fortunate to meet, know and work with.

I wish I had known how competitive and fast paced the college was. Knowing that everything moved a lot faster than I thought would have made me buckle up and be well informed about the career choices and courses that I had to take in order to attain the degree in an appropriate number of years that it required to finish.

Pia

Being a member of a scholar cohort, I took most of my classes with members of my scholarship group. They are very competitive, as well as very intelligent. I was able to learn from them and gain help whenever I wasn't clear on something. They never hesitated and helped me get through some of the most difficult classes I've ever had to take.

Stop being so stubborn and thinking that you can achieve everything you want to by yourself. There's always going to be somebody to lend a listening ear or a helping hand. You're not alone in this important and struggling stage of your life. You're surrounded by so many people who are going to support any decision you make to make your dreams a reality; they're more than willing to help you get there. Accept their assistance because it could make such a great difference than when you would have done it on your own. They've all been where you are right now, they understand all the stresses that you're going through. You can get to where you strive to be thanks to these well-educated people. Don't take them for granted and take any opportunity given and I promise you, you will go far and succeed.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it's so overpopulated. There are over 23,000 students in such a small campus community. Since we're set in New York City, we call certain times at Hunter College as "rush hour". This is the time when all the classes decide to get out at once and it makes it almost impossible to make it to your next class in under 10 minutes.

tania

it has very challenging science courses

it has very challenging science courses

the camaraderie the students are not very helpful its every man to themselves

I would tell myself to not only major in something that I love but also somethingt that could guarantee my financial independency. I would also advise myself to have a double major. I would finish in the same amount of time. In addition I would convince myself to take summer classes because then I could have graduated in exactly 4 years, instead of waisting time. I would have also chosen a college that is more carreer oriented, that offered internships and job placements.

Esther

My classmates were attentive and hardworkers when it came to getting their work done on time.

Transitioning into college, it is important to know that no one will run after yout to get your work done. At this stage, you need to be able to proritize your work, time, and personal life outside of school. Make friends with those who share the same, or even higher goals than you. It can be beneficial to have at least two phone numbers of students in each of your classes to form study groups, or to keep eachother updated with due work. It is also beneficial to try to study a little bit everyday, instead of cramming the night before a test. It is also important to build a relationship with your professors, go to their office hours and ask for advice on how to improve your work. Overall, being a college student will bring challenges your way, but its how you attack them and go about them that will make all the difference.

Before coming to Hunter College, I wish I had known how to properly write a research paper using MLA and APA format. I wish that I knew more of their major requirements before coming to going to this school

CUNY Hunter College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.