CUNY Hunter College Top Questions

Virginia

It is culturally diverse and has many different wonderful classes.

Jonathan

Hunter College is one of the top schools in the CUNY system, offering a wide variety of degree programs and offering students a means to an affordable education with some of the most dedicated and intellectual professors available in the CUNY system.

Sean

Very liberal arts-type, mostly a commuter school. Excellent for undecided majors or people who haven't decided on a specific field in their major, or competitive nursing students with an excellent social worker program for graduate students. The campus isn't very appealing in looks, but you will get quality education equal to that of a 40,000 dollar a semester school for only about 2,500-3,000 dollar a year semester. Most professors are good if not excellent, although rate my professor is a recommended tool to use.

My school is a melting pot of races, religions, political views, and basically everything.

Aubrey

My school is one of the best school in New York City. ALthough it is located in the center of the city, but the school atmosphere does not fade. There are a lot of students from different countries and cultures in this school or just in one class. The school itself provides enough equipments for students to learn, such as computer, wifi, library and also laboratories. The advisors will give their best to help students in deciding what courses to choose, no matter if the student doesn't speak english well.

Nina

Diverse community, a place to learn and also have fun.

Mahira

CUNY Hunter College is a great school with a diverse population, and variety of interest and a beautiful campus.

zimaro

Hunter college is CUNY s 4 years college, but with lot of graduate programs in large variety of majors, and located in Manhattan, NY.

suysen

It is very crowded.

Raquelle

Hunter is a hassle-free learning environment: sign up, do the work, graduate and get a career.

Christina

Hunter College is an institution that facilitates the growth of students into well-rounded individuals, preparing them for the world they are about to attain.

Junise

My school offers an atmosphere to release stress from the outside world and focus on education.

Dhurata

It is very diverse.

Jenny

Diversity, discovery, passion, fun, and success. = )

Shantel

Finicial aid office is not helpful at all.

Thahmina

Hunter College has many different programs and activities to choose from and has a welcoming atmosphere that immediately makes any newcomer feel comfortable and safe. Hunter college faculty provides the upmost learning experience and each member are happy to assist every student any way they can. You will not regret being apart of the Hunter community.

Perla

Dynamic

Ramy

The school is in NYC so there's always something going on. It's a very energetic place and students learn to find a balance between work and play.

Jamie

Hunter College is low cost tuition yet high quality education.

Kevin

Hunter College is truly a melting pot of diversity.

Katherine

Hunter College prepares its students by providing insightful classes and promoting interaction amongst the various students who attend the college.

My school is crowded, but it means you are never alone -- there are new friends to be made down every hall, many of them unexpected!

Mya

A commuter school with a lot of students where it is difficult to make friends or gain a sense of spirit/community.

Marie

Hunter College is diverse, urban, and yet has a very personal feel.

Sana

It is a school filled with opportunities if one knows where they want to go and is very focuse.

Yvette

Small classes, professors who know your name, friends for life, extra-curricular opportunities if you want, but is still a school of a pretty big population.

Gregory

A definition of an Urban commuter school!

LANA

Very artsy, very diverse, very liberal, 75{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} female population, relaxed atmosphere, plenty of study space, choose for yourself if you want to study hard and do well or just hang out outside.

Kim

Red-tape will leave you out.

Megan

terrible

Crystal

diverse in thought and culture.

Edham

Free-spirited.

Nehemi

a very diverse tossed salad : a cultural rich experience.

Nicolas

the location of the campus is great even though the campus isnt very big also it is very hard, professors expect a lot from students, overall its great there is a lot going on in school during the week.

Yvelisse

The school is Diverse and open-minded.

Meir

good and cheap.

Daisy

My school is very urban and has a lot to offer.

Svetlana

Reminds me of high school.

Sadiyah

Hunter College a great school. It has a very culturally and ethnically diverse poopulation. There are hundreds of facilities available to students. It has hundreds of clubs and is an all around wonderful school. I absolutely love it!

krista

its a commuter campus. I don't stay to make friends, I go to learn and leave.

Meredith

Very diverse student body receiving a very affordable liberal arts education, where some are there to try hard, and others slack off.

Angelina

Hunter is a very large and diverse school offering many courses in many areas of study.

Cassidy

Hunter is a very populous university in a vertical campus where you can acheive a stellar education for a reasonable price, and never regret your choice.

Leah

Hunter is full of diversity. it focuses on independence when it comes to academics. The professors are pretty intersting and the school does a pretty good job of communicating with its students considering that it is A: a city school and B: its large population of students.

Jared

A very large urban and diverse liberal arts college that caters to each of its students with individual care and attention.

Irina

A courtyard at Hunter, with students hanging out

Irina

A crossroads between classrooms, with escalators, in Hunter West

Irina

On the 8th Floor, Hunter’s outdoor terraces

Irina

The bridge on the 7th Floor of Hunter West.

Irina

On the bridge between Hunter West and Hunter East, as part of Irina’s tour.