CUNY Hunter College

« See more reviews of CUNY Hunter College

I'm a bit of a recluse so I don't speak to too many of my classmates. Plus I usually have to rush off to the next class or something. The classmates I have worked with have been quite friendly, I have to say. There were a lot of group discussions in my Expository Writing course so in that class I got to know most of my classmates. No complaints here.

Being a member of a scholar cohort, I took most of my classes with members of my scholarship group. They are very competitive, as well as very intelligent. I was able to learn from them and gain help whenever I wasn't clear on something. They never hesitated and helped me get through some of the most difficult classes I've ever had to take.

Students who have a problem being independent would have a hard time being at Hunter. Though it is social, you really need to rely on yourself to get anything done around here. Students are very politically active. Especially during student election time, because they decorate the hallways with various posters TELLING you to vote.

I have friends of many nationalities and religions. Mostly they are from South Asia, like myself, but many others are foreigners from Ireland, Englad, etc... I'd say, I mostly gravitate towards international students because I am one myself, and we deal with similar issues involving becoming used to life in the US.

Hunter is a big school. Many races, ethnicities, religions, etc... If you are biased, you'll get a wake-up call at Hunter, because it is so diverse. People from small towns often experience cultural shock at first, but you get used to it. And you'll learn a lot about others and yourself this way.

Hunter is very diverse, and most students interact with each other, regardless of ethnic/ religious differences. When it comes to discussing how much they'll earn one day, usually it's the opposite: how much we won't earn! unless you're i nthe medical field or law.

my classmates are city kids that don't like to waste time. If we aren't on campus we are running around the city taking care of errands, working, or interning. In class we talk and participate to sitmulate a converstaion. Everyone is incredbily diverse.

My classmates are smart and hardworking individuals from different walks of life with the same goal and determination as every other person who attends college, which is to have a career, whom I’ve been fortunate to meet, know and work with.

My classmates are all unique in their own ways. I went to high school in the city so I'm used to all the different personalities, but those who haven't are probably not adjusted to the "New York" attitutde.

Classmates are generally very friendly. It is easy to make social connections in this type of environment where everyone is equally loaded with work and is encouraged to work together towards common goals.