CUNY Hunter College

« See more reviews of CUNY Hunter College

I don't know.

Productive

solitary

When it comes to racial, religious, and other groups at Hunter, I do not see them. Or know about them. Unless I take the time to speak with others; and usually there isn't much time to socialize when everyone is in such a hurry. Another thing is that people tend to stick with what they are familiar, being of Russian ancestry, my first inclination was to gravitate towards others of my own kind and share experiences. I don't advise this habit, as it prevents one from meeting other interesting individuals/ groups on campus. Interact with others as much as possible. And most are willing to socialize and share experiences, as Hunters student body is very diverse. In Hunter, It is difficult to tell where most students are from as it is a very large school. During class, before the professor appears is the best time to take a moment to talk to your classmates. Though this doesn't provide a real ability to get to know your each other, if you proceed to do so daily, or often, you'll gain much information and learn a lot. I've met people from Finland, Ethiopia, Bulgaria, Egypt, etc.. At Hunter, you never know who you may meet, and from where! Any country's native is possible,. And this is definitely Hunter's greater attributes. Such diversity certainly brings to mind a lot of fashions. Though, most students, I find, dress surprisingly similar. This is due, I believe, to the digital age, and the availability of different fashions to different parts of the world. Although, I must mention that I've noticed -- Japanese students tend to accessories and dress in vibrant colors more so than any other groups I have seen! Financial backgrounds are similarly entwined. Most students I speak with are by no means wealthy, many are living on their own or with roommates. And quite frankly , many are living from pay-check to pay check. European students are first to admit that their integration into the American/ New York environment has been a difficult one in terms of economical matters. other students, like myself, are living with their parents -- hoping to find a decent job once in graduate school. Though I never heard anyone complain about expenses at Hunter, which is quite an affordable college. Excluding textbook prices, students are getting by alright.