CUNY Hunter College

« See more reviews of CUNY Hunter College

I would guess Hunter College is best known for it's education program. It began as a school for women interested in teaching some time in the late nineteenth century. Even today more women than men attend Hunter, which is something else the school is known for. Oh, I guess I should also mention the purple and gold school colors. There seems to be a clear line dividing those who appreciate the grape colored graduation gowns and those who detest it. Either way, you can't think of Hunter and not think about the lovely color purple.

Hunter College is best known for its Graduate school. It was ranked 10th in U.S. News and World Report of 2010. Besides being known for its Graduate school its also known for being the most diverse school in the country. Here no one would be an outcast and its very easy to make friends of your nationality. Its diversity allows the clubs to be very diversified as well. Being at Hunter theres no need to travel around the world to get a grasp of each culture, its many clubs and students provides one with enough information.

My school is best known for being fairly liberal. Most of the classes tend to lean toward English, History, Film and Humanities. It is also notorious for being almost impossible to register for a science class. There is one psycology class for 10,000 people. Another trend I've noticed is that most people I know that went to Hunter stayed for two years and then left to other college. One girl I knew became a farmer, but I don't think that's really the school's fault.

Ranked as one of the best-valued colleges and universities in America by US News and World Report, CUNY Hunter offers a wide variety of challenging courses in liberal arts and sciences, education, pre-nursing, and pre-med with an affordable tutition. Like the courses, the student body is very diverse, with a large population of students from the metropolitan area, from all over the USA, or even from around the world.

I would say Hunter College is best known for it's nursing program. A good number of my friends are in either the nursing or pre-med program. From my understanding, the curriculums of these programs are very rigorous. I also know that the pre-law program is well known. I am a student in the pre-law program, and noticed that a number of my peers attended Hunter specifically to study law.

The name of my College is Hunter College, a city university of new york college. Known for its excellence in graduating the best graduates in New York and often sought after by employers from all works of life.The school is highly competetive because of the high standard of education it provides and i am proud to be a member of Hunter College.

Hunter is the exact illustration of what it is to be a melting pot. Honestly, there are so many different cultures and such a liberal and out spoken community, it truely reminds you where you are - New York City. I have yet to go to class and not witness a bake sale for a cause or see posters regarding the Middle East and it's turmoil.

My school is best known for its education quality. It has been rank number two for “Best Value” in public education according to the “Best Value Colleges for 2010”. According to “The Princeton Review’s” 2011 edition of the "Best 373 Colleges" it’s one of the best colleges or universities in the United States.

Hunter is probably best known for being a forward-thinking school, once of the first and best schools for women, of whom there is still a majority.

My school is best known for it's diverse student population and good education system. I also has a great and competitive nursing program