New York, NY
CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice

If I could go back and talk to myself before I went to college I would have alot to say. I would let myself know that its ok to ask for help because at John Jay there are so many people willing to help. I would have definitly encouraged myself to apply for more scholarships. I would tell myself that I am going to do really well and not to worry because worrying won't help. That I will do so well, it will feel great and things will change for the better. I would warn myself about the teachers who werent so great and let myself know to make some of the important connections that I made alot sooner. I would still tell myself to wait the three yeas Iwaited because I belive that my life experience has helped me so much and given me the drive I needed to do well. There is alot I would change but there is no much I would not. I truly believe that John Jay College was the best choice for me, I don't believe that I would have recieved the support I have recieved at this school from anywhere else.

I wish I had known more about the scholarships avaiable to me. There are so many and I could have really used them.

Rosemary

Even if I tried to imagine myself as a high school senior it wouldn't be possible because that was not the case for me. I only made it to a junior in high school. I was very foolish back then and school was not my first priority. But if I could go back in time and taklk to myself I would tell myself to cherish everything I am learning now (in high school) because the information that is being taught in high school will come back to haunt me in college. If I fail to retain any of this information it will bite me in the rear in the long run. Being able to complete my four years in college will not be possible if I am unable to retain the information provided. I would feel hopeless and begin to lose hope and confidence in myself which is a barrier towards achieving one's goal. Everything being taught in high school is just a glimpse of what college life is like and if you can't deal with it in high school how are you going to deal with it in college. Retain information taught because it's essential.

I wish i had known that math was going to be another obstacle towards my Bachelors Degree. My weakness is math so therefore I went to tutoring as much as I could. Tutoring helped me but the grade I received in the class hurt my GPA badly. Other than that I love my college and like all my classes.

sarah

John Jay is best know for its role in the Criminal Justice study areas. I will be pursuing a major in Legal Studies which I'm sure will only be enhanced by attending John Jay.

The adivce I would give to my high school self is simply not to wait. Don't be afraid to make a decison about university. Sure the transition can be rough, however the transition later in life, once you've taken on real life adult responsibilites, is much more difficult.

As I haven't started classes yet, I am unable to ascertain what the worst thing about John Jay is. I hope the worst thing is only the commute. I am really looking forward to getting started back at university as it has been so long since I last attended.

Jose

If i could go back in time, the advice that i would give would be endless . The First thing I would tell myself is to take more college-accredited courses. Reason Being, I would have a higher number of college acceptance letters If I had taken classes such as AP English, AP Spanish, AVID and so on. The Second Thing I would tell myself, Is to not get lazy when it comes to filling out college applications because it will have bad results such as: not getting accepted to the colleges you want , Getting accepted to the colleges you don't want, or even not getting accepted to college at all!. The Third Thing I would Tell myself is the fact that college is NOTHING like high school, in college you're on your own, if you don't understand something you have to go your own way on trying to understand it. The fourth thing i will tell myself is to really take advantage of scholarships, grants, and programs that colleges have to offer. So that way you don't miss out on colleges that are offering great opportunities. Finally, go for your dreams, that's what matters most.

The best thing about John Jay is what it has to offer. It's not just a school in which is going to prepare you for a career in the Criminal Justice field, it's a school that really broadens your horizons. Here in John Jay we have so many things that can help students achieve their true potential, from broadcasting your own radio shows to performing songs in carnegie hall and to hosting many important public figures to speak at the school as to why their careers really open doors, Such as New York City Police Comissioner , Ray Kelly.

Veronica

If I could go back in time & talk to myself as a high school senior, the advice I would give myself is to be a more self centered & organized person. Learn how to be punctual & on time with projects, papers & any other work from school. Alos, I would tell myself research colleges with an open mind & explore the various majors, programs & the background of the college I may wish to attend. maybe i might have missed something very unusual or unique about as certain university. Look for what specific areas Im interested in & then apply for those colleges. Most importantly, be very time wise managable. Be able to manage how much time I am going to be able to put into college homework, studying & then work with my personal life. Maybe I might have to work part time & school might have to be shifted to work with my schedule. Lastly, get ready to enjoy myself & live college life to the fullest.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is willing to put themselves out there and enjoy the many clubs and programs that this school has to offer. Someone who is going to be passionate about their major and who will be very social and commited to their work and study. The kind of person who many people in the school will remember because of their personality or the way they interacted with faculty and staff. Nonetheless, someone who will love the school itself.

Shanae

Well it's a small school which makes it easier for students to learn than someone in a big college.

Be prepared and work hard because the work you do in highschool can pay off when you go to college.

A person who has an interest in the field of law and criminal justice.

Romeo

I would tell my high self to go to Albany and not listen to my mother. I would tell him to follow his heart and his dream and go to Albany. I would also tell him to never take second best but to choose the best college. I would tell him to do better on those SATs to get better scholarships. I would tell him to study psychology because thats what he is going to like in the future.

Well a lot of things are bad about my college. The students are very unfriendly. You have to wait forever to get a tutor. The college is very small and very dirty. The food at the college is very bad too. The professors are also not very helpful and so are the counselors if you have one.

People who like to have fun should not attend this college people who like social interact also should not attend this school. People who are looking for dorms should also not attend this college.

Margarita

Interestingly enough, I would advise myself alot of the same things my elders advised me to do when I was a high school senior. This includes, going to college immediately after high school, studying for and taking the SATs, and saving money whenever possible. However, with what I know now, I would also provide information and resources involving the application process and how to find funding for college. Though these resources were out there when I was a high school senior, for whatever reason I did not access them. Also, being the first in my family to go to college, I did not have an example to follow and mostly felt lost when it came time to applying for scholarships and filling out financial aid forms among other things. Therefore it would also be important to give my high school self motivational or inspirational stories from people who have struggled to earn what they have achieved and know that it is possible to reach your goals if you are truly dedicated and persistant. I would tell myself about Antonia Pantoja whose story of struggle and achievement for the benefit of the latin community is as compelling as it is inspiring.

The best thing about my school is that they offer the major I want and the tution is less expensive than attending a private university with the same major.

The most frustrating thing about my school has been having to switch from the major I really want because they didn't offer the courses I needed at night. Also, they don't post the next semester's classes early enough to make plans on possibly taking an equivalent course at another CUNY college if it is not available at the home school.

Deborah

It has been over 30 years since I graduated from high school. Knowing what I know now,I would have concentrated more on my education. and would have received the degree early enough to be able to have the career I have always wanted. Although I do not regret what I have achieved, Served in the military, having a wonderful daughter, grandchildren, I believe that by continuing my college education earlier,it would have greatly improved my life, my children and grandchildren's lives.

Marie

Dear Marie, I am writing to you five years later at $40,000 in debt. I was able make this one opportunity to reach out to us to prevent the five years of no direction in our college career. First let me start off by saying that our high school advisors can never really tell us where we?re going to be and what we?re going to do later in life. There are always going to be people that try to bring us down, but ignore them and persevere. Secondly, take as many opportunities as we can to learn more about ourselves and what we truly desire to make our educational career more worthwhile. To put it simple terms, college is an experience to find our place in life. Use all our resources to obtain direction in what we?re most passionate about. And lastly, apply for as many scholarships as possible because we both learned that no one pays our bills and it is only up to us to change our future. Love always, Me

The school is very diverse and the students are always willing to help others who are in need of help whether it is a general or academic question.

The administration is very slow.

CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.