New York, NY
CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice

Tibizy

I wish that I took all of my classes more seriously and didn't settle for just barely passing because now I have to get use to studying and that is something that I have never done.

This school is good for people who want to help people by becoming a police officer, lawyer, firefighter, social worker and many other things that are needed in a community.

This school is a criminal justice school so if you are into art and music this isn't the school for you.

Julissa

As a high school senior you are overwhelmed with everything life throws your way, especially school. Classes become harder, time seems to run out, prom is around the corner, and if you?re lucky you?ll be turning the big ?1-8?. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have so much to say. First, I would tell myself if I thought that high school was hard, think twice because it doesn?t come close to college. You have to make a 360 degree adjustment. You must learn how to use time effectively; also know that there?s a time for play and a time for seriousness. Secondly, your professor will not constantly remind you of when assignments are due. You are given a syllabus after that you are considered an adult not a child. You must know when assignments are due and hand them in on time. Lastly, if you?re the first generation in your family to graduate from high school, as I am. Don?t be afraid to ask for help. Everyone has been there before. You?re not the first or last to ask them!

Before coming to the school I wish I would have known that they were really a ?Criminal justice concentrated? school. Which meant that almost 90% of their coursework would be very much related to law. For example their chemistry course is going to cite real world situation in a murder case or their general psychology course where they give the class examples from real life court cases.

The type of person that should attend the school of John Jay of criminal justice is someone who?s interested in working for the law. They offer majors like forensic science where you study how certain crimes were committed or forensic psychology where you try to figure out the motivation for someone who committed a crime.

Vonyke

My school is best known for its Major in Forensic Science and Criminal Justice. Many students who attend this school feel that it is the best school to attend that helps with their goals of becoming a great forensic scientist. It also helps to get the student jobs when they need them.

I would tell myself that College is not at all like High School. Yes I do have a lot of freedom but their are still consequences that comes along with the freedom. I would advise myself to work hard because the work does not get any easier and that I should also get as much help in subjects I do not know so that when it is time to attend college I would not really have any problems with the class. I would also advise myself to start asking questions in class. When you don't ask questions that is when things get more difficult and I would not know how to catch up after it has gone far into the class. The teachers are their to help you not to hurt you. I would tell myself to look into more scholarships because then my mother would not have to scrape in order to pay my tuition or for the books that I would need. With these advices I think I would become a better student and I would accomplish more in college. Although it would still be hard, the transition would have been easier.

I think a person who is determined to go into law enforcement, or want to be in the criminal justice field should attend this school because most of the school's majors mostly focus on Criminal Justice. The school also highly recommend students to become great lawyers with the teaching of the laws and helping to improve their English.

Kershima

Do not take any time off go straigt to college upon high scholl graduation. It will be worth it!

Space. Because when It comes time to change classes going down the stair ways takes alot of time because everone is going doenin droves.

I tell them that some of my professors are seen on t.v dong documentaries or other stories in interviews.

Emmy

My school offers the services necessary to lead the students towards success.

My school offers the services necessary to lead the students towards success.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself is to always keep my mind focused on my responsibilities. I must always sty punctual with school assignments because once you fall behind in some type of class work, it becomes more difficult to catch up as time passes by since more work piles up. Also, the school offers a lot of services, whether it's academic-related or extra-curricular, I should take advantage of them to have a better college experience. Many of my questions can be answered if I search for it in the services offered in the school and also the extra-curricular services can help improve my personal college experience by providing leisure time besides only studying and doing class work. Overall, the college experience is something that I have learned from in all the aspects of my life.

Anyone because what is studied here can help with almost any field.

Sara

The reputation and the professors. My school is significantly recognized in the Criminal Justice field and has professors that are well-known in their profession.

Stay with your parents as long as you can! It's hard to work full time to pay rent and bills while attending classes full time. Get all the general courses done at a community college, it will be cheaper in the long run, because you can transfer those credits to the school you ultimately want to attend.

The diversity and the fact that it is in one of the greatest cities of the world, NYC!

Andrew

i would tell myself to try harder to win more scholarships, and to take more college credit classes. i would also tell myself to think more about what type of career i want and to follow my passion instead of my backup. lastly, i would say to try and dorm away from home.

many of the subjects revolve around criminal justice. the facualty is very diverse and so is the student body. it is also affordable to go to if you do not recieve financial aid.

any one who is intrested in pursuing a career witin the criminal justice or law field. perfect for aspiring cops.

carolina

My school is a school with professionals working there. Not only the professors, but the securities as well. My school is great. It has plenty of activities for us, the studesnts, in order to make out time there very enjoyable.

If I would have the amazing chance to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, i would definitly advice myself to first of all enjoy my last days in there. the second advice i would give to myself is to spend more time in after school prograams for english, in order to help improve my language skills since college essays are way harder than those made in high school. Those would be the advises i would myself.

Alejandra

John Jay College is a good school but the only problem is that the stair cases get too crowed when is time to change classes that people have to run to get to their next class and is sometimes hard when one class is on one street and the next class is like three streets down.

If I was able to go back in time in give myself an advice for college it would to study hard. I would also tell myself that no matter what happens never give up on your dreams and always tried the best or a little more than the best you can because at the end every effort and all the hard work will pay off. I would tell myself not to let people put me down to stand high and fight for what I believe is right.

What I consider the best thing about John Jay College (CUNY) is that the classes are small, and some professors are friendly and take the time to listen to students.

CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.