CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice

« See more reviews of CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice

The most frusting thing about John Jay College is the bookstore during the first two weeks of a semester. The bookstore is very small for a college of its size and thus you can spend up to an hour waiting to purchase books during the beginning of the semester. There have been many times in which they have run out of textbooks. This leads to frustration as students have to resort to going to the school library to make copies of the textbook until the order from the bookstore arrives.

The most frustrating thing about my school has been having to switch from the major I really want because they didn't offer the courses I needed at night. Also, they don't post the next semester's classes early enough to make plans on possibly taking an equivalent course at another CUNY college if it is not available at the home school.

Financial aid and loans are not processed fast enough to allow students to plan out their finances. Additionally priority is given to transfer students when registering, not seniors of the home college.

The most frustrating thing would definitely be the tuition. Its tough paying rent while also having to find money to pay for school. New York City is so expensive!

The administration is very slow.