CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice Top Questions

Jose

I wish I had known of its Associate program and the ability to change a major to one more suit for a Law degree. In addition I would like to know how to change the major without losing any credit already earn towards a degree.

Rimsha

This school is located in the center of Manhattan's rush hour. Though it delivers almost everything, travel is costly and often times long for the majority of students! The train station is nearby, therefore helpful, however the walk from the station to the college is about ten minutes. I wish I knew I'd need to leave my house two hours before class time!

Courtnei

One thing that I wish I had known was how important the actual MTA system is to getting to school on time. There has honestly been times when I have missed a class because of a train being delayed or an accident that happened. I've learned to time the trains and estimate them, but that is something that I should have known before going.

I wish I had known more about the scholarships avaiable to me. There are so many and I could have really used them.

Rosemary

I wish i had known that math was going to be another obstacle towards my Bachelors Degree. My weakness is math so therefore I went to tutoring as much as I could. Tutoring helped me but the grade I received in the class hurt my GPA badly. Other than that I love my college and like all my classes.

Julissa

Before coming to the school I wish I would have known that they were really a ?Criminal justice concentrated? school. Which meant that almost 90{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of their coursework would be very much related to law. For example their chemistry course is going to cite real world situation in a murder case or their general psychology course where they give the class examples from real life court cases.