Bronx, NY
CUNY Lehman College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Lehman College

Genevieve

Before I attended college I had very little experience of the world beyond my hometown. Going to community college brought me into contact with new people from diverse backgrounds and life way?s; people, whom I believe have taught me as much about the world over the last two years as I have learned from the textbooks and lectures of my college professors. As a result of their stories and actions, I am more aware of the social issues and cultural differences that surround me, and more likely to ask intelligent questions when I encounter them. Additionally, this awareness has lent me the finesse and the courage to bring my own ideas into the discussion of what makes us human and what the role of humanity is in the contemporary world. As an artist, anthropologist, and individual person looking for her place in this world, I value this awareness as the greatest gift my college and the people that inhabit it have given me, and hope that that it will help me to be a more effective person in the world of which I am part.

miriam

As you step onto the campus at Lehman you leave behind the busy dirty city and enter a park full of history that encourages you to expand your mind and fufill your dreams.

If i could go back in time to talk to myself, the first advice would be to get my Associate Degree immediatley. Get it out of the way, no matter how unsure and confused I am with what direction I would like to continue. After the 2 years have gone by, if i need to take some time to "find myself", I should travel to different places so that that i could continue learning about the world and myself. The second advice would be to concentrate on college and keep focus because as hard as it may be, it is even harder to catch up after you have wasted so much time. Find out what you love to do by meeting and talking to new people. Dont be afraid to try new things. Always follow your heart. Once you find what you love to do, do it. Life is too short to be wasting it on a career you hate.

Lehman college is a beautiful old school. The architecture of the buildings look like gothic caslte towers and has a great sence of history but also has many modern buildings such as the APEX gym. Everyone around you always very friendly, students and faculty alike. Students love to sit outside in by a tree or on the grass, working and chatting together. On your way to class you can always hear the orchestra practicing. The campus makes you feel safe, comfortable and proud to belong there.

Giovanni

To work harder because the higher the average a person has in highschool the more awards a person ends up receiving in the long run. College is a new start and that highschool is only something that prepares you before you enter a place where you have to be serious and consistent with your work. It's like a job and your only pay is the knowledge that you are aquiring. I would also try to see how I would save up money so that I will not be so badly in debt when I am in college. Also to take college seriously it is not like the movies where people drink and do not care about class that is only in the movies. If you do good in highschool you will prepare yourself and be succesful at college.

A person that likes the city a urban enviroment. That likes meeting new people. This school is full of people all hard working and trying to become someone important in this community.

That i live real close to my school. That is my school has a mixture of different type of people. There are many sports in the campus. The gym is great the computer lab is great. The people are great themselves and the campust is beautiful is just a great place to be in and you learn alot because the professors really know what they are going over.

Julian

As a senior I would tell myself to choose a school in the area that I would like to work in. Choose a school strong in the field of study desired. A school with the creditabililty to get a good job upon graduation. Choose a school with strong internship capability and placement. A school that will support your eating habits ie. vegetarian. A strong campus community and strong school pride. School with many extra curricular activities and sports teams that fit you best. Do not worry about the finances as much as doing well. Network as much as possible and develop strong relationships with key people. Have a clear goal as to what you want to accomplish and execute it. Plan future and goals out and reevaluate progress periodically. Seacrh for scholarships to help with cost of college. Study abroad and enjoy the experience. Try not to work a full time job or too many hours if possible. Think long and hard about where you choose to go and research as much as possible as it will heavily influence life. Do not choose a school based on being division 1 in NCAA. Do as many internships as possible.

The lack of creditablility compared to Ivy League and top tier universities and the abililtiy to compete for internships and jobs with students from those universities.

Veronica

Lehman College is a diverse university with a comfortable surrounding.

Lehman College is a diverse university with a comfortable surrounding.

In order to be successful in life I suggest that it is best that you know what you want to do in life so you get a head start in the neccesary classes. Take time to research prerequisites that are mostly required for your major so when you register you know exaclty what classes to take so you don't run out of time in the future. Also, expand you choices. Apply to as many colleges as you can and as many scholarships as you can as well. Once you have completed everything just choose the college that is perfect for you so you can avoid transfering and loosing credits in classes you have taken. Once you are college be open into meeting new people and be prepared for long study hours in the library. And also take note that each semester is harder than the next but if you have the support from your family everything will be great along the way!

I think the person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who is lazy because if you attend this college you should be prepared to complete homework on time.

Nikeisha

Inspirational instituition that inspires inner city youth to better themselves.

Inspirational instituition that inspires inner city youth to better themselves.

To save more money and dedicate myself to school more. To research schools more effeciently and vist them.

It is fun and innovative. It is a local school that services the means of the 5 bbourughs of New York City. My school best asset is the teachers.

Timothy

If i could go back in time, and have coffee with myself as a high school senior, there are a few things i'd say to myself. One of the most important things I would try to impress upon myself would be the value of time. I'd try to convince myself to give up the age old practice of procrastination. That when a professor gives you a week to write a paper, Do not wait till the night before its due to start writing it. If you know there is going to be an exam two weeks from now, start studying tonight. I would also try to convince myself to apply to more than just one school. I would lay out the values of cultivating more than oppurtunity as opposed to "laying all one's eggs in one basket" The last thing I would tell myself is to remember, that the only person that can ever stand in the way of accomplishing a goal, Is myself. Sometimes you get a professor who doesn't care, and the way to deal with that is to succeed in spite of that.

The lack of information availible to students. One litterally has to go searching around to find information. Its not readily availible.

The amount of beaurocratic crap, one has to deal with when registering for classes.

Afua

I would say that, I need to focus more on my school work and stop being a procrastinator. Take the time to filled out college application properly.

The best thing about my school is, that Lehman College provides so many tutoring centers throught the campus. You can get help any time with any subject. The staffs are very helpful and understanding, they want you to succeed.

Lily

Don't leave things to the last minute. If you want to get something, fight for it.

I wish I knew about the career center at Lehman before I came here

The people are very friendly and the classes aren't so demanding. Also, the campus looks very nice during the spring

paula

For being a liberal arts school. The nursing department is also very known.

For being a liberal arts school. The nursing department is also very known.

If a miracle happened and I was allowed to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would most likely tell myself to take school more seriously, and enjoy the last year of high school, because even though most people say college is the best years of your life, the work only gets harded and if you don't keep up, you will FAIL. There is no body pushing you to do your homework or hand in your papers, its all up to you, and 90% of the time, you will procrastinate. So, in conclusion to all this, I would tell myself to enjoy doing "nothing" in high school.

Any person who does not like to be mixed in with different types of people or ethnicity. This college is very diversed.

CUNY Lehman College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.