Bronx, NY
CUNY Lehman College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Lehman College

Alicia

It acquires a variety of majors that students are able to explore. The campus is beautiful with new renovations, a theater, baseball field and tennis courts among others. It is located in the Bronx which allows students to explore the area.

I have learned to stay open minded in terms of work study and socializing. Something might not seem for me at the moment but I learned that it could be I just have ot trust myself and God's timing. I have not experienced much because I am on the verge of being a college freshman.

Terri

The student diversity has allowed me to learn an incredible amount about various cultures which has been a fabulous addition to a social science degree.

My college experience has allowed me to meet professors, in varied fields, that personify passion and success in their fields. In other words, they love what they do and do what they love. These professors take the time to find creative ways to engage their students; therefore, ensuring our understanding, opening our minds to other disciplines and helping us locate our passions. As a result, I have reignited a previously lost passion and found a greater appreciation for subjects that, prior to these classes, I had little interest in. I have also come to a deeper understanding of the importance of multi-disciplinary training for a truer perspective. It has been valuable to attend college for three reasons. One, I have been able to determine, without a doubt, that my career choice is my true passion. Two, the heightened cultural awareness from a diverse student body has been extraordinary. They have demystified myths and enabled me to understand the strong desire I have to work on an international level. Last, yet certainly not least, by finding new strengths and refining old ones I can be successful in my personal and professional life.

As a non-traditional student there is little cohesiveness within the college for those in this category. Much is aimed at the "traditional" students which, frankly, is sad because there is quite a non-traditional population within the college. There are some wonderful services; however, they are limited to general business hours which, again, leaves out many non-traditional students.

Nichele

Lehman college gad the best art department, though it didn't have my immediate major; my secondary focus was good enough.

I've learned how to be more flexible, compromising and out spoken about me work. Instead of sticking to myself and my profeesors helped me get out of my head most of the time, though at times i go back but their words keep me in check when I need it. I won't forget it.

Marci

The school has alot of good programs, the quest is finding the one program that fits you the best. The teachers are really great and willing to help you. There are alot of really great clubs and sports programs available. There is always something going on on campus like movie nights on the lawn when the weather is nice, great speakers on a variety of topics, and a whole lot of other things that would take to much time to write.

I completed both my undergraduate and graduate degrees at Cuny Lehman College. The college experience provided me an opportunity to express myself and learn more about me and who I wanted to become later in life both professionally and personally. I had the invaluable experience of learning from great professors in my chosen field that have really made a difference in how I conduct myself as a teacher in the classroom. The one thing I think I really learned in college was to take responsiblity for myself. I did not have teachers coming after me for work or reminding me when work was due as I did in high school. I had to learn to leave myself enough time to complete the assignments while working. That lesson has helped me more in my professional life than most of the material that I learned during my college career.

To me the one thing I didn't like was that fact the Education is not offered as a major, only as a minor at the undergraduate level.

Genevieve

Before I attended college I had very little experience of the world beyond my hometown. Going to community college brought me into contact with new people from diverse backgrounds and life way?s; people, whom I believe have taught me as much about the world over the last two years as I have learned from the textbooks and lectures of my college professors. As a result of their stories and actions, I am more aware of the social issues and cultural differences that surround me, and more likely to ask intelligent questions when I encounter them. Additionally, this awareness has lent me the finesse and the courage to bring my own ideas into the discussion of what makes us human and what the role of humanity is in the contemporary world. As an artist, anthropologist, and individual person looking for her place in this world, I value this awareness as the greatest gift my college and the people that inhabit it have given me, and hope that that it will help me to be a more effective person in the world of which I am part.

miriam

If i could go back in time to talk to myself, the first advice would be to get my Associate Degree immediatley. Get it out of the way, no matter how unsure and confused I am with what direction I would like to continue. After the 2 years have gone by, if i need to take some time to "find myself", I should travel to different places so that that i could continue learning about the world and myself. The second advice would be to concentrate on college and keep focus because as hard as it may be, it is even harder to catch up after you have wasted so much time. Find out what you love to do by meeting and talking to new people. Dont be afraid to try new things. Always follow your heart. Once you find what you love to do, do it. Life is too short to be wasting it on a career you hate.

Lehman college is a beautiful old school. The architecture of the buildings look like gothic caslte towers and has a great sence of history but also has many modern buildings such as the APEX gym. Everyone around you always very friendly, students and faculty alike. Students love to sit outside in by a tree or on the grass, working and chatting together. On your way to class you can always hear the orchestra practicing. The campus makes you feel safe, comfortable and proud to belong there.

As you step onto the campus at Lehman you leave behind the busy dirty city and enter a park full of history that encourages you to expand your mind and fufill your dreams.

Giovanni

A person that likes the city a urban enviroment. That likes meeting new people. This school is full of people all hard working and trying to become someone important in this community.

That i live real close to my school. That is my school has a mixture of different type of people. There are many sports in the campus. The gym is great the computer lab is great. The people are great themselves and the campust is beautiful is just a great place to be in and you learn alot because the professors really know what they are going over.

To work harder because the higher the average a person has in highschool the more awards a person ends up receiving in the long run. College is a new start and that highschool is only something that prepares you before you enter a place where you have to be serious and consistent with your work. It's like a job and your only pay is the knowledge that you are aquiring. I would also try to see how I would save up money so that I will not be so badly in debt when I am in college. Also to take college seriously it is not like the movies where people drink and do not care about class that is only in the movies. If you do good in highschool you will prepare yourself and be succesful at college.

Julian

As a senior I would tell myself to choose a school in the area that I would like to work in. Choose a school strong in the field of study desired. A school with the creditabililty to get a good job upon graduation. Choose a school with strong internship capability and placement. A school that will support your eating habits ie. vegetarian. A strong campus community and strong school pride. School with many extra curricular activities and sports teams that fit you best. Do not worry about the finances as much as doing well. Network as much as possible and develop strong relationships with key people. Have a clear goal as to what you want to accomplish and execute it. Plan future and goals out and reevaluate progress periodically. Seacrh for scholarships to help with cost of college. Study abroad and enjoy the experience. Try not to work a full time job or too many hours if possible. Think long and hard about where you choose to go and research as much as possible as it will heavily influence life. Do not choose a school based on being division 1 in NCAA. Do as many internships as possible.

The lack of creditablility compared to Ivy League and top tier universities and the abililtiy to compete for internships and jobs with students from those universities.

Veronica

I think the person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who is lazy because if you attend this college you should be prepared to complete homework on time.

In order to be successful in life I suggest that it is best that you know what you want to do in life so you get a head start in the neccesary classes. Take time to research prerequisites that are mostly required for your major so when you register you know exaclty what classes to take so you don't run out of time in the future. Also, expand you choices. Apply to as many colleges as you can and as many scholarships as you can as well. Once you have completed everything just choose the college that is perfect for you so you can avoid transfering and loosing credits in classes you have taken. Once you are college be open into meeting new people and be prepared for long study hours in the library. And also take note that each semester is harder than the next but if you have the support from your family everything will be great along the way!

Lehman College is a diverse university with a comfortable surrounding.

Nikeisha

Inspirational instituition that inspires inner city youth to better themselves.

Inspirational instituition that inspires inner city youth to better themselves.

To save more money and dedicate myself to school more. To research schools more effeciently and vist them.

It is fun and innovative. It is a local school that services the means of the 5 bbourughs of New York City. My school best asset is the teachers.

CUNY Lehman College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.