CUNY Medgar Evers College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for CUNY Medgar Evers College

Ariana

I think that CUNY Medgar Evers College has great academics that are beneficial to their students. Although I wish they had more organized professors, I believe that this college would be a great fit for students who are planning to commute in New York City

Almas

Medgar Evers College is great for the most part. Most of the professors are accessible and try to help you. Some professors are very unprofessional and show no interest in teaching the class. Campus facilities are really good, especially the library. Safety is not an issue. Overall, the college is satisfactory but not wonderful.

Andrea

My school is very diverse and open. I love the professors because they are very outgoing and helpful. They want us to succeed and will help us in anyway possible. I love the environment that I am surrounding it is very open and diverse. I love trying new things. Overall the school is great but some academic departments need major work.

Kedie

Medgar is a great place. The faculty and staff is the best part. They are always accessible. I can just walk into the office of a professor, the chair, and even dean of any department and have a conversation. It can be intellectual, personal, long, or short. I love this about Medgar Evers College. It's a home. Sometimes, when I don't feel good about being ay my own home, I go to school. I trust the faculty, and I feel like I have genuine relationships with a lot of them. I am always excited to meet a new professor, and I haven't met one I dislike yet.

Johanne

I love the diversity....

Melissa

Because of my interest in studying Business Administration, Medgar Evers interests me very much because they want a lot of students to pursue their vision of what they want to make of themselves in the future with their education. I am looking forward to a successful future in the business world and I believe Medgar Evers College will help me become a great business owner with their academic programs and their teachers they also have a big vision for the business school.

angelique

CUNY Medgar Evers is a great academic school and doing great academically is number one priority in the school. There is a lot of events on campus, from book reading to fashion shows to career and professionalism workshops. The campus feel safe and inviting and you will find that students are very active in the school. The only thing the school is missing is a variety of artistic outlets and opportunities on campus. If you are a creative person and like to participate in art clubs and hands on activities, this might not be the school for you.

Ermis

It's an outstanding school, advisors are on of the best people on campus along with the amazing professors, they really mean to teach you. Classes there don't feel mediocre at all in terms of difficulty it feels like you're actually being educated in my most humble opinion.

Edward

When attending this school, the idea to keep in mind is that yes, it is your regular inner city school. There isn't many student extra curricular activities, but if you look for them, you will find them. The course load here is actually challenging, so do not expect an easy time coming to this school either.

Paulina

I love my school very much . I feel comfortable and feel like I have a family here at my school. I also like the fact that it is predominately black and named afterMedgar Evers. I would like more internships and more extra curricular activities pertaining to my major.

stacey

CUNY Medgar Evers College is very welcoming. The staffs and professors at the school is very helpful and hard working. They're organized when it's necessary. Their lunch food is very superb. We have Starbucks and a mini cafe lounge area as well, which allows us space to study besides our huge library. Our Learning Center is very helpful for students who's having problems to succeed in their academics. Overall this school is Great.

Michael Vincent

cool

Rik

What I think about Medgar Evers College is that it is not just a college, it is a family and treat you with awesome amounts of respect and also teach you the way how to be successful when it comes to having a future careers. What makes it good is the transportation going to school and home and many more places.

Jeffannie

I think that Medgar Evers College is a college that is highly diverse and allows students to be successful through four schools: school of business, school of liberal arts, school of education and school of science. Additionally I believe that It's small classes allows students to be more focused on each and every subject area. There is always specific library hours which allows us the students to study as we desire as well as easily accessible computers and library books. I think that this school is not only academically great but its many extracurricular activities allows students to become socially comfortable and achieve time management skills. It's athletics department is not limited and allows us the students to choose from a wide area of sports such as track and field, basketball, soccer and even volleyball. Overall, I think Medgar Evers is great school where their are many offices available for advisement and academical success is always the goal within the schools society.

Kimberly

I love being a student of Medgar Evers College. I feel comfortable in it’s culturally diverse environment and there are endless opportunities for students who take the time out to explore student life. Most professors are readily available and helpful inside and outside classes. If a professor takes specific interest in you, they will invest there time in ensuring you achieve your greatest potential. Club fairs and other events are always occurring and that gives students the opportunity to interact with each other. Lessons are challenging in some areas but with proper application of knowledge and by making use of ones resources, one can get the most out of college life at Medgar Evers College

Annice

It is a friendly environment, which offer various opportunities to become a proactive student from freshman to senior year.

Archange

This college , CUNY Medgar Evers College, is the best so far in Brooklyn. where we are close to 95% black , and our professors are really care about us and there's no way one will let you fail a class unless you do not do your work which are: study , do your homework , read the materials.

Chenel

Medgar Evers College is a very diverse school even though it was known to be predominantly populated by black people. The atmosphere is nice, however there aren't many acts of socialization. It is my sophomore year on the campus and I haven't had one solid friend outside of the classroom. The staff isn't that helpful and there aren't that many caring professors that are willing to help you if you are struggling. However, there are a handful of professors that will do their best to give you that B+ instead of settling for a C or a failing grade All three buildings are very clean and easy to navigate around; there are nice resources like the printing room as well as a nice amount of lounges if you need to clear your head before and or after class. Each building is a nice distance away from each other and there are train stations nearby so that there isn't a lot of walking to do. Overall, Medgar Evers College is a school that you'd wanna stay in for a semester or two.

Fatimata

Great

okechukwu

My overall opinion of Medgar Ever is that is a good college with lots of opportunities which you can use to make the best of your college experience. For my program, my professor is helpful always available during office hours and want to see you succeed.

barbara

Office staff are rude and do there job half way. There needs to be more areas for students to sit and study. The library is always loud and has limited amount of computers and printers. There is often problems with the elevators in every building and it is common for students to get stuck.

Julie

We need more to discipline.

Alicia

I love love love it! Great professors and excel expectations. The students are also very helpful Medgar Evers College come together to make sure the student excels and the professors are always very helpful, and the students has a variety range of resources and that alone is fantastic.

Tremayne

Medgar Evers College feels like an all historical black college . I know its not but 95% of the kids are of African-American descendants . The professors are 75% African American and most of them actually care about they're job . Going to Medgar Evers is what you make it . You put in the work you'll score a good position in the work field.

Bintou

I am a current Student Government Leader at Medgar Evers College, and I have grown to love the school. It is honestly looked down upon, ​but I have created excellent relations with my professors, and I recommend Medgar Evers as a choice for transfers. The school has a highly recognized nursing program. I also had the opportunity to intern at a state senator office. It is honestly what you make of it, and Medgar is one of those campuses that have many resources and opportunities.

Chanelle

At my 3 year stay at Medgar Evers College I’ve experienced both highs and lows. My high notes came from some staff as the ones who did their jobs, did them well. Others , often did the bare minimum especially in admissions and the bursar. The athletics staff have the bests staff as they work hard to find time to have the athletes make time for education and genuinely care for your well being. Overall, I appreciate my experiences at Medgar Evers College.

Brianna

My opinion on Medgar Evers College, well as this being the first college I attended and graduated from I highly recommend it. The people that work there are super friendly in my point of few. The school as a whole many and when I say many I mean majority of the students stick together no matter the age, race or disability ! Unlike many school that give you the run around this is a school that tries their best to give you accurate answers to any problems or questions you may have.