Brooklyn, NY
CUNY New York City College of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY New York City College of Technology

Ediza

I like the school. Many of the students do not take full advantage of everything the school offers but there is a lot of support available for us. We have computer access available in multiple labs, a great library, counselors and wonderful administrative staff.

There is a stereotype that students are uneducated. On occasions you are in the elevator and you may here ignorant conversations but you have to keep in mind that many of the students are underclassmen and straight out of high school. The school has a rigorous curriculum and professors that are not lenient and have great expectations. I am sure that those students that are eager to learn and grow will mature in adults and professionals.

Maria

New York city college of Technology has excellent faculty! In my tenure at City tech I have encountered a great deal of professors which have pushed me to excel. The school emphasizes the importance of punctuality and ethics; which undeniably will serve as an excellent tool in any student's future endeavors. Many of the professors are strict and demand full attention at all times. Needless to say most of the faculty has a passion for what they do and will not hesitate to push one to a point of exhaustion. As a result of the small amount of seats in the healthcare programs, I find City tech to be a challenging environment in which you can either make it or break it. There is no gray area here it is either you succeed or you fail, there is no time to be wasted with mediocracy. In this school those who are willing to learn will succeed and find themselves in incredible programs.

Well City tech is a school where most people commute. There are not any major teams or sororities to join. I guess one would make their own party scene with one's friends. There are many clubs and events that occur during the school certain days of the week. For example on Thursday's from 12-2 there are no classes anywhere in the school because it is club hour. I personally am only involved in the student association of dental hygiene but if one is looking to join or even start a club City tech would be a good option.

New York City College of Technology is a multifaceted school, that in my opinion has a place for everyone.  It has plethora of majors that draw people from different cultural backgrounds and intellect.  Although there undeniably are preferences among students, most people get along and classes are very harmonious.  I would dare say there is no set stereotype to describe such a diverse school; which un any case is located in the heart of a diverse city.

brian

I think City Tech is a very good college. It is just the right size, not too big and not too small. I get many positive reactions when i tell people where i go to school. Many people i run into have been a student of city tech or know someone who has. The college has been around for quite some time so its is tried and true.

There are many groups in my college and there is time set aside just for clubs. The video game club is one of the most popular groups along with the robotics club. There are quite a few athletic clubs.

Most students wear jeans or sweats. The student population is diverse but students interact very well with each other. Most students are from the Brooklyn area and i would say the financial background is that of middle class.

Most professors take interest in you when you participate in class or show interest in class. My favorite class was anatomy and physiology. Class participation is a norm. Most classes are very competitive speaking from my experiences. My major is Radiologic Technology and it is the second most competitive major to get into after nursing . The education is prepares you very well for the workplace.

There are a wide variety of students at New York city college of technology. There is a little bit of everything. The diversity is great.

Janice

The best thing I would have to say about my school are the people. My school is very diverse; both in background and age. If I could change one thing it would be the student professor ratio, i wish it was smaller. When i tell people what school i go to some people strike up conversation asking me about my expierences, while some have never even heard of my school; but overall the reactions are positive. I spend most of my time on campus in the student lounges usually reading, listening to music, talking to friends, catching up some zzz's, or just relaxing in between classes. NYC a college town??... NEVER. I wouldnt consider new york city a college town. It lives up to its name as the city that never sleeps, because there is always something to do outside of school. The administration at my school are very helpful, they never hesitate to answer questions regarding the school or to give you directions. The biggest controversy on campus is that the cafeteria recently shut down for unknown reasons, leaving everyone VERY hungry, and grumpy because we arent getting our caffeine fix to pull all nighters. School pride... I do wish there were more. I wouldnt say it was non-exsistant, but its very small. There is anything specifially unusual about the school that i've noticed. The one experience that i will never forget from being in this school is giving my first business group presentation last semester, it may sound small, but it took 3 months to prepare and was over 50 pages. I worked in a group for those months, and my group mates and I still are very close to this day. I dont know many student complaints, but i know recent ones relate to the cateria closing as i've previously stated.

The sterotype of students at my school, is that this school is a school that kids go to if they can't get into any other schools or they did less than stellar in high school. At least thats what I thought when applying for this school. I found that this isn't true at all. This school is full great individuals who are all working towards one goal... to further their education. Like myself many people are here to both save money; as CUNY is a cheaper schooling option and to obtain an undergraduate degree, then go on to another accredited school for their bachelors or higher.

Jasmine

My school is not perfect, but I could have attended worse.

My school is not perfect, but I could have attended worse.

My classmates are sometimes hilarious, but then again focused.

If I could give myself as a high school senior advice, I would tell myself that handing in homework late, being tardy for class, and walking around with my head in the clouds is only going to hurt me in the long run. I would also tell myself to not be ashamed to ask for help when I need it. A crucial point that I would mention is to embrace my gift in art, and to work so hard that people would feel foolish to not recognized my talent. Last, the most important thing I would tell myself is that, Mommy was right when she said "fun will always be there, just focus on your school work for now".

Veronica

I have gotten a better understanding of what my goals are in life, and what I want to accomplish in the future. I have narrowed down my interests to accounting and now know what I want to do with my life. Attending was one of the best things I have done, as it has allowed me to expand my horizons and strive to do better. I don't want to stay at a dead end job, I want one that allows personal growth and continuous success. And going to college has really given me the opportunity to do so. Going to a 2 year school has given me valuable experience that I will be able to use to continue in the process of getting my Bachelor's from a 4 year school. And I am very excited to move on to a new chapter in my life, in my pursuit of becoming a successful accountant, while remembering something very important early on. Don't get yourself into a vast debt that you can't get yourself out of.

niesha

At NYCCT my classmates range from students who just graduated high school to Adults with children and full time jobs. Having the older students around gives younger students like myself motivation. One way it motivates me is because they are more serious about their work and studying so it gives me some one to study with if I dont understand. Another way it motivates me is because I know I don't want to be in college for my bachelors after the age of 22, I would like to be going for my masters by then.

I attended school in VA and NYCCT compared to there is more work than play. Since it is not a campus students dont have to deal with the partying and as much of the temptation. There are different areas/buildings dedicated to certain majors which is really nice. Also there are programs that are extremely selective which makes me want to work even harder

In my family neither of my parents recieved a college degree. I have an older sister that started college but dropped out due to family issues. By the time it was my turn to go to college my mother tried her best and sent me to the college I wanted to go to, dispite how hard it was financially. This meant a lot to me so it was important I attend. In college I worked, played soccer, did my school work, and still had a social life. This I felt was just preparing me for the future. Having to give your all to so much maybe overwhelming to some but I just embraced the challenge. Going into college I was unsure of what major I wanted to declare, so I tried different majors. I learned what it takes to be a social worker, a dental hygienest and also a little bit about criminal justice. College is the best thing ANYBODY can do even if they arent sure what they want to do in the future. Having a degree when applying for a career will give you that much more of a chance. I wuldnt change this experience for anything.

Stephen

New York City College Of Technology is an interesting school that allows students to explore their academic capabilities and acquire the knowledge and experience needed to fulfill their dreams.

They accepted me even though i had a horrible high school GPA and they have a great hands-on engineering program.

My college experience so far has been full of excitement and joy. My first semester was very enlightening and enjoyable. I joined the track team and I gained a few friends as well. Academic wise, I learned a lot about my career as well as hands on experience with circuitry and instruments used in my field of study. The teachers that I encountered were very nice and offered a great deal of help to make sure I passed all my tests.

My college experience has taught me that perseverance, dedication, and time management are the three key elements to achieve the things I want in life. All through my school carrier I struggled with dyslexia. Other classmates understood things I didn?t and this was discouraging. I was always struggling and wanting to give up. The words ?I can?t? always ringing in my ears. When I reached Santa Barbara City College, I made a decision to earn good grades regardless of what it would take. I stayed after school for hours in the math lab, made appointments to get my papers edited, visited teachers during their office hours, had perfect attendance, asked questions, and leaned to time manage. What makes my experience most valuable is that this work ethic has transferred into the character of the person I have become. Now I am a dependable and hardworking person in every aspect of my life, and I don?t have to make the conscious effort to uphold this, it?s just a part of me. Now the words ?I can? radiate from me.

CUNY New York City College of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.