Brooklyn, NY
CUNY New York City College of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY New York City College of Technology

niesha

At NYCCT my classmates range from students who just graduated high school to Adults with children and full time jobs. Having the older students around gives younger students like myself motivation. One way it motivates me is because they are more serious about their work and studying so it gives me some one to study with if I dont understand. Another way it motivates me is because I know I don't want to be in college for my bachelors after the age of 22, I would like to be going for my masters by then.

I attended school in VA and NYCCT compared to there is more work than play. Since it is not a campus students dont have to deal with the partying and as much of the temptation. There are different areas/buildings dedicated to certain majors which is really nice. Also there are programs that are extremely selective which makes me want to work even harder

In my family neither of my parents recieved a college degree. I have an older sister that started college but dropped out due to family issues. By the time it was my turn to go to college my mother tried her best and sent me to the college I wanted to go to, dispite how hard it was financially. This meant a lot to me so it was important I attend. In college I worked, played soccer, did my school work, and still had a social life. This I felt was just preparing me for the future. Having to give your all to so much maybe overwhelming to some but I just embraced the challenge. Going into college I was unsure of what major I wanted to declare, so I tried different majors. I learned what it takes to be a social worker, a dental hygienest and also a little bit about criminal justice. College is the best thing ANYBODY can do even if they arent sure what they want to do in the future. Having a degree when applying for a career will give you that much more of a chance. I wuldnt change this experience for anything.

Stephen

New York City College Of Technology is an interesting school that allows students to explore their academic capabilities and acquire the knowledge and experience needed to fulfill their dreams.

They accepted me even though i had a horrible high school GPA and they have a great hands-on engineering program.

My college experience so far has been full of excitement and joy. My first semester was very enlightening and enjoyable. I joined the track team and I gained a few friends as well. Academic wise, I learned a lot about my career as well as hands on experience with circuitry and instruments used in my field of study. The teachers that I encountered were very nice and offered a great deal of help to make sure I passed all my tests.

My college experience has taught me that perseverance, dedication, and time management are the three key elements to achieve the things I want in life. All through my school carrier I struggled with dyslexia. Other classmates understood things I didn?t and this was discouraging. I was always struggling and wanting to give up. The words ?I can?t? always ringing in my ears. When I reached Santa Barbara City College, I made a decision to earn good grades regardless of what it would take. I stayed after school for hours in the math lab, made appointments to get my papers edited, visited teachers during their office hours, had perfect attendance, asked questions, and leaned to time manage. What makes my experience most valuable is that this work ethic has transferred into the character of the person I have become. Now I am a dependable and hardworking person in every aspect of my life, and I don?t have to make the conscious effort to uphold this, it?s just a part of me. Now the words ?I can? radiate from me.

There are many of us who did not have a particularly enjoyable high school experience. College is exponentially more fulfilling and allows one to gain great personal insight. The most frightening question I've ever heard was, 'What do you want to do with your life?' I wasn't sure. In some ways I'm still discovering the answer. That's what college is all about - finding out what you can really sink your teeth into and what makes you happiest. During my college experience, I've learned more about myself than about history or mathematics. You come to learn about the world beyond, and leave with knowledge of the world within.

tirelo

To be able to learn new things by meeting people from all walks of life. And to expand my knowledge so in the future I may be an intallect

Khadijah

This is only my second semester in college but I have to say I've gotten a greater appreciation for life. I go to school with many parents who want a better education to better the live of their children, and other adults who have been laid off, and in search of additional degrees. It makes me feel good that I have chosen to go to college now so I wont be doing it later. I appreciate that because sometimes I feel like my life is so hard, but I dont have hildren depending on me, or mortgages to pay. Everyday I go to school I am happy with the path I have chosen.

Honestly, I love everything about my school. BUT, if i had to choose one thing I would say the worst thing would be waiting on line to use the computer labs. This rarely happens because people usually print their work and leave.

People that want to graduate without having to pay back anything. It costs $5000 a year (for up to 18 credits a semester) and there are many scholarshiops available within the school. Our school loves to have events so socialable people are welcome. Classes are 7 days a week and go up to 9:40 at night so your schedule can be flexible. Ultimately people who want to go to college in NYC and graduate without outstanding loans.

vivian

my school is best known for the technology program

my school is best known for the technology program

i find that new york city college of technology have teachers that actually care about the students and are willing to work wiht students who don't understanding.

it has been half a school year, and after the first semester my college experience gave me confidence in myslef of what i can do. i was extrememly shy when i was younger and now that participation is key to passing class, i started to talk more and more. in college it is nothing like high school because you rely on yourself more. i have more responsibilites and is aware of waht comes first. its valuable to attend because i've learned alot and teachers actually care about the students and want them to suceed.

Ahmad

My classmates are very friendly, and very diversed

My classmates are very friendly, and very diversed

I would always know that in life it is a test; where there would be obscatles, and bumps. I need to be able to overcome these obscatles and bumps, and feel good about myself on what have done. Knowing that College Life will help build up your futre in this world; and trying to makeing the best out of it. But trying to realize that I'm a traveler in this world. A traveler seeking for something better.

Before comming to school I wanted a friend so we can be able to go to a journey to the school.

Lyndsay

I am currently twenty-six years old. I graduated from high school in 2001, approximately nine years ago. In these nine years, I have acquired so much knowledge. I wish I could go back in time, and tell myself that it is necessary to take school more seriously, such as I do now. Also, I would say that it is important to pay close attention in class, because I will need the information in certain situations to come. What's more, I would say that I should not take my life, my family, or my education for granted, as these are things that not everyone has. Finally, I would let myself know that even though I will work very hard for what I will achieve, I should always remember to take the time and appreciate the little things that make life worthwhile. Thank you for this opportunity, and taking your time to read my thoughts.~ -Lyndsay

Before I enrolled at my current university, I wish I that I would have known that I was still going to be considered an out-of-state student until I maintained residency in New York City for at least one year, and therefore was going to be required to pay out-of-state tuition.

I am proud that my school offers a hospitality program that is well-recognized throughout the city. I often speak of the fact that my boss is an alumni of New York City College of Technology, and has done quite well for himself with the education that he has received from our college.

CUNY New York City College of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.