Brooklyn, NY
CUNY New York City College of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY New York City College of Technology

tirelo

To be able to learn new things by meeting people from all walks of life. And to expand my knowledge so in the future I may be an intallect

Khadijah

This is only my second semester in college but I have to say I've gotten a greater appreciation for life. I go to school with many parents who want a better education to better the live of their children, and other adults who have been laid off, and in search of additional degrees. It makes me feel good that I have chosen to go to college now so I wont be doing it later. I appreciate that because sometimes I feel like my life is so hard, but I dont have hildren depending on me, or mortgages to pay. Everyday I go to school I am happy with the path I have chosen.

Honestly, I love everything about my school. BUT, if i had to choose one thing I would say the worst thing would be waiting on line to use the computer labs. This rarely happens because people usually print their work and leave.

People that want to graduate without having to pay back anything. It costs $5000 a year (for up to 18 credits a semester) and there are many scholarshiops available within the school. Our school loves to have events so socialable people are welcome. Classes are 7 days a week and go up to 9:40 at night so your schedule can be flexible. Ultimately people who want to go to college in NYC and graduate without outstanding loans.

vivian

my school is best known for the technology program

my school is best known for the technology program

i find that new york city college of technology have teachers that actually care about the students and are willing to work wiht students who don't understanding.

it has been half a school year, and after the first semester my college experience gave me confidence in myslef of what i can do. i was extrememly shy when i was younger and now that participation is key to passing class, i started to talk more and more. in college it is nothing like high school because you rely on yourself more. i have more responsibilites and is aware of waht comes first. its valuable to attend because i've learned alot and teachers actually care about the students and want them to suceed.

Ahmad

My classmates are very friendly, and very diversed

My classmates are very friendly, and very diversed

I would always know that in life it is a test; where there would be obscatles, and bumps. I need to be able to overcome these obscatles and bumps, and feel good about myself on what have done. Knowing that College Life will help build up your futre in this world; and trying to makeing the best out of it. But trying to realize that I'm a traveler in this world. A traveler seeking for something better.

Before comming to school I wanted a friend so we can be able to go to a journey to the school.

Lyndsay

I am currently twenty-six years old. I graduated from high school in 2001, approximately nine years ago. In these nine years, I have acquired so much knowledge. I wish I could go back in time, and tell myself that it is necessary to take school more seriously, such as I do now. Also, I would say that it is important to pay close attention in class, because I will need the information in certain situations to come. What's more, I would say that I should not take my life, my family, or my education for granted, as these are things that not everyone has. Finally, I would let myself know that even though I will work very hard for what I will achieve, I should always remember to take the time and appreciate the little things that make life worthwhile. Thank you for this opportunity, and taking your time to read my thoughts.~ -Lyndsay

Before I enrolled at my current university, I wish I that I would have known that I was still going to be considered an out-of-state student until I maintained residency in New York City for at least one year, and therefore was going to be required to pay out-of-state tuition.

I am proud that my school offers a hospitality program that is well-recognized throughout the city. I often speak of the fact that my boss is an alumni of New York City College of Technology, and has done quite well for himself with the education that he has received from our college.

Zantashia

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to be sure of what I want as my major. I started off with the major of Computer Engineering and realized that I can't see myself programming computers all my life. As much as I love computers, I love Law better.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is the kind of person that cant handle or don't like big crowds.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that they have different buildings but the buildings dont have a sign letting you know what building is what.

ILIYASU

Well to be honest I'm a Freshman in CITY TECH COLLEGE stairight out from high school I don't know what this school is really all about .

IF I had went in time in my senior year in high school of course I will them myself in the past, about college life and etc. But make the right choices for my life in the future I won't make the same mistake again. If I went back to the past I would work more harder in classes, study hard , do my homework, workout everyday to get stronger to get a football scholarship; get recurited to Penn State College from a football scout or lead my Franklin K LANE football team to the championship game and win the game as the captain of the team for my last year in high school, or putting the time to impress a girl I liked by studying more about her and the things that she is interested and not to lose the will popwer and my self-esteem. Putting the time to bulid my good character and become better person for myself, Allah, and the family. I would trade everything I have just to go back in time senior year in high school to make things more for myself .

There is no problem with the school and all, but the books are really too expensive for these classes and when you return the book they give a small amount of money instead the full amount you paid for.

Gustavo

What's unique about my school that I noticed or considered is the resources that they provide to you so you can provide yourself with as much information as needed to get where you want to go

It is good to be prepared and to expect the unexpected. The thing that is needed to survive this experience is independency because your basically on your own on this process. Others may support you and provide the information, but it is your responsibility to monitor and decode that information so that you can be well prepared for the future that lies ahead.

I wish I had known how and what I am getting myself into with the college because even though this college is close to home, I could have chosen someplace more out my territory so to speak

Doug

CUNY CityTech is a career-oriented, no hassle school with it's priority focused on getting you the best education and job it can possibly get.

I would tell myself that in college you are expected to put more work in than in high school. The professors and the students meet halfway in college to get the work done and you are expected to put in the time necessary to get what you ned to get done. College is supposed to prepare you for real life, and in real life, if you don't do something, then you are going to have consequences. There are no second chances when you're at a job and college does a good job preparing you to take on any situation with poise.

It's affordable and close to mass transportation, the scheduling of class is flexible, they offer two and four-year programs, the students come from all walks of life, the teachers are friendly and accomadating.

My school is a school filled with hard workers and people determined to make it in life. It is not a school that is flashy or Ivy league material but a school that gets the job done. If I had to describe this school in one word it would be persistent because no matter the obstacles, it is always imporatnt to keep a level head and look only to the goal line.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the first thing i would say is, "Get ready because its not gonna be easy". In high school I always thought college would be fun and the classes would be really easy but i was very wrong. Going into college, you have to suddenly become more mature than you were in high school. People are not going to be running after you begging you to do your work it's all up to you, whether you want to succeed or not. College is like a job, As long as you put all your effort into it you will see how much it will profit you in the end. The best way to transition into college and succeed is to set a goal for yourself, know your objective and be persistent, never give up no matter the circumstances. You will then see how college is a very important factor in succeeding in life.

the kind of person who should attend this school is someone who is determined and ready to put in all the work necessary to get the job done.

CUNY New York City College of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.