CUNY New York City College of Technology Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for CUNY New York City College of Technology

Marina

The school can be better. However, it doesn't really have a campus on its own. And it shares streets with the NYU. The women's bathrooms are located on every other floor. So it makes it very inconvenient. Not to mention it is very hard to find anything in the school. It is the equivalent of going to high school.

Ebunoluwa

City Tech is a school that is located in the middle of the city; between Brooklyn and Manhattan. The school is a place that you would find people from different cultures all around the World. However, I feel like there is nothing that brings us all together to bring our different perspectives and thoughts of life together and incorporate them into the school environment. Of course there are clubs and programs that brings students with the same ideas or likes together, but there are no events that brings all students of different ideas together. With this in mind, I feel like writing a letter to the student association or even working hand in hand with them to come with annual events that could bring the entire student body together will be beneficial to the school and also to the students that are willing to make friends with other people in the school community.

They are not that helpful

Ryan

I honestly plan on transferring very soon to a college that I would have a lot more opportunities for me to be involved and interested in. I don't enjoy myself attending this school

Adrian

Good curriculum with professional and inspiring teachers willing to help if you put in the time and effort.

Ibrahim

I started my first semester at City Tech in the fall of 2017. My professors I had were available for any help that I needed in different subjects I was struggling in. The student life at the school is great as well. I went to multiple fun and interesting events such as a talent show, drag ball, and events involving organizations like NYPIRG and the Student Government Association. I would recommend City Tech as a school for anyone due to its friendly atmosphere, dedicated professors and staff, and the wonderful opportunities to be a part of at this institution.

I enjoy my time here but the school needs to be accredited for architecture and be open more often so people can do their work here. they also do not offer housing which is inconvenient. Although i do feel like i am learning, there is much to be desired.

Karran

At first Cuny New York College of Technology sounds like the most ideal place for a computer major to attend. However the college lack the technology part of its name. From its bad network connection to outdated computers to run-down classrooms, nothing in its name seems elite. I thought that this college would be the number one school in technology but I was wrong. With no gym and lack of clubs, their is really nothing to do but eat and dorm in the library. Aside from all that, the prices of all the food and items sold are over-priced. Needless to say, the only good thing is the professor who are sometimes willingly able to give up their time to help you succeed. They give valuable information from career to personal experience that helps the student out.

Clifton

If you're a new high school graduate who's looking for a fun first semester of college with friends and laughter, then City Tech might not be the best choice for you. That isn't to say the school itself is bad, despite it's dreary interior, near office building corridors, and unnaturally tight quarters for it's student body, City Tech actually does quite well for its students. Most students are adults who double as full time workers while juggling whole lives of their own, so the hustle and bustle of NYC is right at home here, and that definitely takes away from the fresh, youthful experience of college.

Gennessy

Great college! I finished my first year of college going to my second, the campus is very culturally diverse and active with political movements, we like to make our voices heard here. There's lots of clubs to choose from and what I like about this school is their artistic options there's a whole floor dedicated to my major, Communication Design.

Ranique

City Tech is a great school known for their diversity. In each class every student comes from a different place, whether its in the U.S. or not. They have a lot of clubs but don't advertise them as much which would benefit lots of students including myself. They also have social events to bring the students together, sometimes very little students take part every time. Textbooks there are sometimes expensive but there's always other alternatives to find them cheaper. Academic wise they offer a lot of courses, this gives students the chance to branch into any field they want.

monica

The Education majors are good in this school. The administration is not really helpful but they try their best to help students to solve some situations. There is no housing for international students and the technology is not the newest technology to be a Technology College . The faculty is not bad some are really helpful and understandable. There is not enough financial help for the students who are in need.

Debora

This school is AWESOME! we have access to many resources especially for students who major in design, we have Mac desktops available for us to use at all times! We also had access to many study areas all throughout the school. . If you have a long morning class Just stop by the recreation center and play some pool or ping pong with your friends! The opportunities at City Tech are endless you're missing out if you don't join me!

Evan

New York City College of Technology is honestly a good school for those majoring anything in technology. Many people go there not knowing anything and leave knowing so much information. The information is so beneficial once you go out into the real world. In addition, they help you prepare the careers in Nursing, Architecture, Project Manager, Computer Engineering and much more.

Sade

My opinion of City Tech is it's a great school, I have attended two other colleges besides City Tech and this one is the best. I feel like the community and support I receive at City Tech helps me to feel like I closed in achieving my goals. The professors are knowledgeable and inspiring.

Mohammad

Bad school for smart kids. Most student transfer within a year or 2. Only the stupid students stay for graduation. And I hate to admit it, I am one of those who stayed around for graduation. I applied to this school because it was one of the cheapest and closest 4-year college to my house. Every year I would witness a bunch of my friends transferring out of this college which would make me sad. However. it was not enough to make me apply for another college. As I approached my senior year my own little brother came in, which made college much fun. But I was completely left hopeless when he moved out the next year right before my graduation. This actually caused to stay in college for a longer time.

Muhammad

CUNY New York City College of Technology has been pretty decent to me . I came into this school in the end of August of 2018 not know how to deal with this transition from high school to college. But the professors at this college really helped me to settle into this new and scary environment. Aside from the professors, all of this colleges resources helped me as well. for example, the massive library helped to keep on track with my essays and speeches I had to do. Also the peer tutoring sessions help me to stay on track with my academics. So, overall I believe that NYC College of Technology great school to go to when starting your college career.

Johan

This school is located almost in the heart of Brooklyn and has many ways to get there. The area is near a shopping strip and has a park across the block. There is a new building being constructed that will have a gym facility. They have a video game room, ping pong room and the best library I have seen out of 4 CUNY Schools.

Miriam

I enjoyed my time here. I met a lot of friends and grew as person emotionally as well. The college had an on campus daycare that made it possible for me to complete my degree while bringing my daughter with me. If it wasn't for that option, I would have never completed my degree. The Human Services program was great, with a few hiccups here and there, but I would have never learned about my love for social work if it wasn't for my classes and professors.

Eduardo

This college is honestly overrated, whether it's great or not great since it's an urban university. Professors in this college are neither the best nor terrible; they are usually typical, as they are good professors and awful professors which is very normal. This is a VERY old college and already started aging; however, redevelopment is coming soon to rebuild parts of the buildings.

Lian

Great! would highly recommend it! Both the student body and the faculty members are very diverse. The commute to campus is easy from all parts of the city. The campus is located in a really great neighborhood with a vibrant atmosphere. I am very happy with choosing this school :)

Marcelle

I love Cuny, my professors are all working in the field and very supportive and knowledgeable.

Paul

This is good school for educational purposes. It lacks sports and other extracurricular activities. if a sports team was set in place, and teachers become more accessible the school would be a great fit for anybody. The teacher are only available in class and some don't give reviews for test which affects us negatively.

Chaimae

CUNY NYCCT is a good college for a person who wants a cheap college and easy classes to get a degree. But there is no social life, no extracurricular activities, student engagement is so little. It's not a good place if you want to learn about the stuff you actually care about.

Rosario

It good college to go to and great environment.How there are manys places for students can study.In the library is good place to study and there are tutors. There are good professors and help you explain the lesson if you didn’t understand. They have good office hours and always available.

Chanel

The campus library is my go to area outside of class. There is a mac lab for apple users, including Dell desktops. Due the pandemic the campus is closed and possibly undergoing renovations. There is a new building, I haven't had classes in the building yet, but will explore once the campus is open.

Angel

I enjoy attending my school when i am in the Academic building which is the nicest building they have to offer in my opinion. The students in the hallways seem friendly and there is alot of professionalism going on in that building where the health majors are practiced. I like the area because it is right by Dumbo and the Brooklyn Bridge. There is surely more than enough food places located around my school. In general, CUNY New York City College Of Technology is a school with alot of potential and is slowly growing.

Nicholina

It's a great college if you want to get into math or science. Technology is more advanced here than other CUNY schools. Nursing and dental facilities are brand new and have better resources than other CUNY schools. Their MATH professors are also fantastic. I really enjoyed the Advanced Algebra and Trigonometry course I took in Fall 2019 because the professor made everything enjoyable and easy to understand and she was also very kind and patient with the class. I never did extracurricular activities but I always saw a new flyer up in the main hallways with opportunities to volunteer, take extra free courses, and attend political conferences. CUNY New York City College of Technology is in Downtown Brooklyn, which makes it easy to access Trader Joe's, and outlet retail shops to get everything you need.

Mercedes

I really feel comfortable there and the energy level is great so many great events happening and the people are cool. Ther are good professors who really care and are helpful overall good vibes. I had options but I chose to go here because it was a good fit for me and I know it will be a good fit for more to come.

Tatyana

My overall opinion about this school is that its not that bad. i just feel like its a little too cramped when it comes to lunch time, the room is always full whether its upstairs or downstairs. there are clubs that is within the school but i havent really partake in them due to my class being on club hours so my experience with the school isnt as enjoyable as i wanted it to be. but the one club i did partake in was pleasant. there is a gaming section within my club which i havent gotten a chance to stop by but one day i will. one last thing i do have to say it, the school always have some type of events going on which is good! it keeps the students engage with the school and also relieve stress from all the classes they take. but overall, its pretty decent.

Ghadeer

I love to go there because I want to learning more and because I want to made my dream come truth

Olorundamilola

If you want to make a difference, I highly recommend New York City College Of Technology (NYCCT). How will you make a difference? By being unique. How is that possible? NYCCT is a university that have open arms for students that are ready to learn both personally and academically from the school's resources. There are professors who are all ready to put you on track. Programs to launch you to being a successful student with profiting career. In order to be academically unique, you learn from the professors and colleagues by giving each classes all your attention, participating in school activities, sports, having good grades and all these would make you stand out among peers. Also remember to always have the mindset of a high achieving student by implementing these Core Values - Vision, Determination, Plan, Perseverance which sums up to SUCCESS!

Ecclesia

My school supports diversity, encourages growth, and pushes students to be the best they can be.

Xavier

Overall, the atmosphere of the school is pretty good. I haven't necessarily run into any bad students or professors. Everybody does what they have to do. I'm taught what I have to be taught in order to succeed in my career choice. Thus, I'd recommend the school if you can't afford private schools.

Jackandie

In my opinion, New York City College of Technology has a chance of being a good school but they have a lot of things they have to improve. For starters, not all professors teaching are effective. Some professor put more effort into their lesson plans than others and some just don't care about the value of the student's education. As a student, when you feel like you are not learning much in the classroom you start doubting what you have learned in school and how prepared you will be for your career once you graduate.

Georgia

My first Semester at CUNY New York City College of Technology has been good so far. I really do think that the experience you have in school depends on how much you make of your education. The effort, time you spend in making sure you achieve your goals. There are many assistance at the school you just have to ask questions, read notices and stay updated. My professors so far are very good and well educated in there field of study. The employees at the school are very polite and are willing to help and provide you with any assistance needed. It is also somewhat affordable compared to private universities.

Rukhsat

I love it. It’s a calm place to study, hang out, and the professors are very hard working at their job. It is a really good productive college. Every time I visit, I feel like I am home, a wonderful place to earn your degree and major on what you love.