CUNY Queens College Top Questions

Natalie

My school participates in the National Student Exchange. I am attending this school on my exchange for one semester. I wanted to experience life in a big city.

Etina

It seems to have a very open minded faculty and student body.

Loran

My school is able to offer the same high standards of education as many private colleges, but is able to achieve this with out being costly. Queens College is not only a school of academic excellence but also a school that remains affordableduring hard economic times.

Shifa

There is much more access to resources especially since it is near the city. It's in the middle of the city and the suburbs and you can go anywhere you want. The diversity is amazing because there are all types of people of different ethinicities and the best part is that they interact with you regardless of your background. It is a very friendly and resourceful enviorment.

Matthew

The tuition makes my college more affordable than private colleges or universities

Gene

Queens College Picnic 2007

Overall my experience at Queens has been a good one, despite a few particualar cases involving faculty that I had opposing viewpoints of.

carla

queens college campus makes it a great college. is beautiful and i realy like even thou i haven't join any groups yet.

Deborah

For $4000 a semester Queens isnt that bad.its not what u would expect college to be but my suggestion is to go for 2 years, get your requirements done and leave, maybe apply for a loan or more scholarships and go to ur dream school you cant afford right now. dont be fooled, queens college may be a laughing matter to a lot of people, but its still hard work hidden under a facade of an easy campus.

Alex

I love Queens. Its a great school I just wish that I had been more involved in campus life. They have a great auditorium, sports team, concerts, dance shows. We have an amazing campus life, the professors are good, and the campus is beautiful. I just really enjoyed my time at Queens and you would too.

Blake

I am happy to be at Queens College. I am confident that I am getting a good education and the standards will hold up along side other reputable institutions. QC can open the door to anywhere you want to go!!

Jesse

Joining the greek system is a better way to experience college life ( and soco\ial life ; )

Alexandria

College is what you make of it. You can choose to make friends or stay reclusive. You can choose to get involed on campus or leave after class. In college, your grades and work are your responsibility. Professors expect you to do the work, if you don't you fail. The most important thing is finding a place where you can be yourself, and have the proper guidance and than you can do anything. QC offers that to serious students.

Seth

Queens College is a disappointment. It's very utilitarian: It gives you what you need, probably not much more. It has a great library you can lose yourself in, and some stellar faculty, but you get what you pay for. I would tell students considering Queens College to think about the importance of student loans to them. I sometimes feel cheated. Unfortunately, people seem to go to Queens College because they can't afford other schools. Especially among honors students, there's always an elephant in the room, and that elephant is named Private Schools.

Victor

Queens College, like any other college is full of professors who love their job and other who don't give a flying fuck about what they're doing. RateMyProfessor.com is an excellent website to figure out who you should take and who you shouldn't. It could mean the difference between your living your dream, staying course, to having been wasting valuable time and money. Take the professors you best fit with. If you have time, don't waste money, join a club and do some activities. It will be worth it. At least it increases your chances of finding a mate.

Ryan

i like going back to school and feel that i have learn far more than i thought i would. just if i had to tell a new student anything it would be not to give up when the going gets tough. you have to give yourself a chance to get used to a new way of life. you are now an adult and you need to keep it in mind.

Jesse

I love my school and feel that they work for each student, one at a time.

Christine

qc is a great school and i really love going there. it has an urban vibe that i love since i'm from long island, it is a great change of pace. it has opened me up to so many new people and experiences.

You hear a lot about QC, both good and bad, and almost everything you hear is usually false. If you want to major in anything that is liberal arts and don't (or can't) spend a fortune, then Queens College is the place for you. They provide you with the tools needed to design your future. =)

Natalie

Ummm you should really have more specific and direct questions. Its a lot to write at once.