CUNY Queens College Top Questions

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Karla

There are a few cafeterias scattered around campus. The biggest one is the dining hall in the middle of campus, and it's got , a cafeteria that sells different dishes of dairy and meat assortment with lots of snacks too, a sushi/Chinese food place, and a kosher dairy cafeteria (soup, salad, sushi, pizza, sandwiches, etc.). There's also the science cafeteria that sells starbucks hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, pizza, and has snacks and stuff. Snack machines are in every building. Also, there's a Starbucks on the first floor of the Student Union. There are a lot of cheap and yummy food options outside of campus and pretty near by, too. Some of it is really good ethnic food like the Halal carts and the Chinese restaurants.

Sabina

The school uses Chartwells for their meal plans. The food is awful. I live in the dorms, so I use my kitchen and buy all my own groceries to cook instead of eating in the cafeteria. I avoid eating the school food as much as possible. BUT, there are plenty of great places to eat close by to campus, especially GREAT Chinese food!

Allysa

The food variety on campus is great! There's sushi, soups, salads, pizza, sandwiches, chicken, Kosher, Chinese, etc. There are so many options! And there are also so many locations- the dining cafe, or the Student Union building, or the cafe by the library, or the cafe in the Science Building, and some people even eat on the quad... There are also many places throughout campus that serve coffee (which is a big deal to me, as a college student)- from Starbucks, as well as Dunkin Donuts. And there are also, obviously, vending machines throughout the campus buildings.