Curry College

« See more reviews of Curry College

First and foremost I would suggest that a student visit the prospective college on several occasions. It is important to visit not only for a scheduled visit, but also visit at a time when classes are in session so you are able to get a better feel for the overall college experience. Make sure the college you select has everything that you feel would be important for your college years. Some considerations that I thought were important: that your particular major is available, smaller class sizes, professors who would really want you to succeed and would be available as needed, insure that extra help would be accessible, extra-curricular activities are available to become more involved, adequate housing for all students for each year necessary, library and research materials are adequate, parking availability for each year, the safety on campus, sports facilities and the costs of the college. This is one of the most important decisions you may have made so far in your lifetime. I feel that making your decision carefully will insure a happy, fulfilling and successful college experience.

The experience that I have gotten in college is learning how to manage time and money for the important things in college. College I believe has made me a better person, and also made me more prepared to take life as it comes. It also helped me to go to the working world with a whole lot of confidence. College has also experienced me to take a positive look at life. It has been very valuable to attend because your instructors take the time to answers any questions that you may have, and take the time to listen to what you have to say. It also been valuable to attend because it offers classes that you need to take in order to take the program which is hands-on that exposes you to work in the real world. Another thing that I have experienced in college is that you have the freedom to choose classes that you believe will benefit you. It has also been valuable to attend because there is people out there that really want you to succeed. Another valuable thing that college has is that you can take your classes whenever time that fits your busy schedule.

I would love the chance to talk to the young, vulnerable version of myself and share with myself the wisdom I have gained. If I was talking to the high school version of myself I would say go into college and don?t find your group of friends right away. Your first week freshman year will be the best week of your life. Mingle from group to group with an open mind and more importantly open heart! Everyone is just as nervous, so relax, keep your door open (seriously, prop it with something so people can come in) and do everything you possibly can! Never ever put off any experience because you think you can do it later. School will only get harder, and you have less and less free time. Take every opportunity and participate in school activates; you don?t have to drink to have fun! Say goodbye to your high school boyfriend, because he is only holding you back from being who you really are. Most importantly, have fun. Freshman year is the most care free time of your life, but keep your gpa up, it matters later on!:)

Although this might be one of the biggest and most important decisions in your entire life...don't be afraid. Because it is also one of the most exciting, fun and exhilierating accomplishment ever. Don't be scared of new experiences, places and people, enter with an open mind and understand that your time in college will only be as good as you make it. If you can, picture where you want to be in 4 years and search for a place that fits your learning needs before anything else. However, once the big decision is made and you are on your way, search for the people that are going to make your college expereince the best it can be. The professor that will always be there for you, The coach that pushed you even when you didn't think you wanted to be pushed and the people who you have a millions memories with, the people you smile and laugh with until 3:00 in the morning, the people you will throw your caps in the air on graduation day, the people who will be your best friends for the rest of your life.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would definitely tell myself not to worry. I was always a nervous wreck about making friends, my classes, what my professors would be like, and how would I afford such an expensive college. In high school I had a difficult time applying to get directly into a nursing college nearby. When I had gotten into my number one school of choice it was the best day of my life. I was so excited to join Curry College's amazing nursing program. I had the opportunity of a lifetime to do my clinicals at some of the most famous Boston hospitals. The downfall however is how expensive Curry College is. My father had just lost his job and I only worked at a little ice cream parlor. I worked as much as I could to put towards my college education and the rest I would have to take out in loans. Having to pay back loans is very difficult but if I hadn't chosen to attend Curry then I would have missed out on one of the best nursing schools.

College seems like a party to a high school student. After all, its the first time you will truely be in charge of your own destiny. Without the parental units controlling you like a marionette, freedom is finally in your grasp. When no one is telling you that you have to do something, your sense of duty gets into an out and out brawl with your party craving side. And to make things more complicated, you are not the only one going through this dilemma. The entire freshman student body is. Some kids will go wild, break all the rules, and let their education suffer, but you can not let them draw you in. You are stronger than that. Before you lays one of the most important means to fulfilling your dreams; a good education. Never forget this. So stand strong and establish clear goals for yourself. Remembering to look ahead at the big picture will help to keep you focused and on track. Don't fail yourself now. The future is yours for the making.

Monica, stop playing around, this is serious. College is aroung the corner and you havent built your skills to survive it. You think homework is not important so you dont do it, well you need to. College is different homework matters, even if the teachers don't collect it, it's better if you do it to know what you do and don't need help in. College is expensive, so please stop caring about what your friends are doing and where they are going and start looking into scholorships. In stead of tryignt o get into the same school as your friends, you should appy to a college that best for you, and stop caring about the negative things people have to say. Monica, you don't have much time; time is going to slip by you so fast, so remember to focus. College is going to be a start to your future, take it seriously.

There are so many colleges around the United States that some times it is very hard to pick just one. But one thing to know make sure you have some type of idea on how the colleges are ran and information that most parents or students dont think about. You have to make sure your daughter or son is comfortable in the area or at the school all together. Students dont pick school because your friends are there. Its good to go off and explore the world on your own. Meeting new people and networking is a college students best friend. Also dont just apply for one school. Apply for 4 or 5 maybe even more. You should also start applying while you are a junior in high school. One more thing once your settle make sure you dont change your major to many times. That just extend your time in school.

Set aside time in your busy schedule to study, go to the gym and relax. Get work done as soon as you receive it and DO NOT procrastinate. College is hard but going to the gym relieves stress and setting time aside to relax by reading a book will allow you to not be consumed by academics. Many college students stress about their classes and work load but as long as you set aside time to relax and de-stress, college is much more do-able than other people make it out to be. Use all the time you have wisely. Focus on one thing at a time and work hard on what you have in front of you and you will succeed. Most importantly, HAVE FUN. You only have these four years of freedom without as much responsability as you will later in life. Enjoy the experience while you have it.

I would say, Self, there is a whole new world concerning college life. You think high school was hard sometimes, college can be a bear. You will need to spend more time studing instead of hanging out with friends, watching sports. If you decide to play sports, you have to keeps your GPA at the level that the college requires. You might have a few days when you don't think it's all worth the trouble. When that happens, look to your fellow peers/fellow students. Talk to them, ask if the have the same feelings. Majority of the time, they are. Lots of time, take a deep breath, go somewhere if you can, and enjoy life. The biggest advice I can give you as I have always been told, "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade". I still live by that.