Philadelphia, PA
Curtis Institute of Music

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Curtis Institute of Music

Sean

Curtis is small, intimate, elite, and a classical music performance school like none other.

My classmates at Curtis were talented, dedicated musicians who were mostly focused on music performance careers. Academics were not stressed, and students generally did not work very hard in that area.

At the Curtis Institute of Music, I was one of approximately 160 musicians from around the world learning from arguably the most distinguished classical music faculty in America. What did I get out of it? Constant exposure to an elite level of musicians that I heard play and talk about music; opportunities to perform for international soloists such as Richard Goode in masterclass situations; wonderful fellow students with whom I made music and who became lifelong friends, many of whom are now household names in the classical music world such as Lang Lang and Hilary Hahn; comprehensive and rigorous training in music theory, ear training, and liberal arts; finally, I witnessed, absorbed and became part of a soon to be bygone era in classical music. The old masters I learned from will soon be gone, and I will be one of the lucky few of my generation that had the priviledge of knowing and interacting with them. My collegues and I inherited the responsibility of carrying on this torch, treasuring and putting into practice the wisdom that has been passed down from master to student, from the time of Beethoven until today.

Lily

I have gotten alot out of my college education so far. I will be the first in my family on either side to graduate, and i find it a huge accomplishment as well as my family does. I will be earning my AS degree in Surgical Technology from San Joaquin Valley College in November of 2010 and ill barely be 19 and already have a career set in place for me. It's nice to know I did this alone. Ill admit i wasn't the best in high school, but college has turned my education determination totally around. I look forward to learning more as my mind grows in the field of medicine. My teachers are so knowladgable and really want us to succeed its really nice to finally feel like your teachers really care about your education, ultimately we are their "product" but they have never once made us feel that way. My college experience has helped me manage stress and be quick about my work which will help me in my field of work tremendousally. I am blessed to attend college and I couldn't do it without my parents footing the loan bills until I graduate.

Christina

What I have gotten out of attending South Texas College is that anything is possible. Whenever I open the front doors of that campus I feel like I can take on the world. I see everyone else who attends that same school and it makes me feel like I'm bettering myself and I don't feel left behind. The professors I have the honor of meeting are so kind and helpful, I feel I'm getting my full educations worth. Furthermore, I am the first one in my family to go to college. I feel that by attending college I am making my family proud one day at a time. Sincerely, Christina M. Trevino

Zoe

Get ready to be extremely busy and to deal with a high amount of stress. Also get ready for awe-inspiring performances, networking with famous artists, and amazing epiphanies. It's hard work but it's so worth it.

It's very small, and I feel as if all the students, faculty and staff are my friends. The teachers are very inspiring.

Someone very serious about music and very accomplished at their instrument

Curtis Institute of Music administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.