Cleveland, OH
Cuyahoga Community College District

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cuyahoga Community College District

Kelsey

Looking back on my senior year in high school, and knowing what I know now, there are many things I would tell myself. I would say to get involved; in your school, community, or church. I would suggest concentrating on being a well-rounded person, and not as much on straight A?s. I would also tell myself to look for scholarship money early and often. It can save you money and reduce stress. I would also tell myself to stay true to myself. While further developing yourself as a person, you need to stick to your morals and values.

Before I came to Cuyahoga Community College, also known as Tri-C, I wish I would have known it was different that what people say or think. It is a real college, not 13th grade. The negative reputation of the school is completely incorrect. It is just as hard as any other college and has real professors. Therefore, people can stop calling it ?try-try again, or tri-high?

Right now the most frustarting thing about school is the parking fees. It is a high fee that lasts only for a semester and should be included in the tutiton.

Cara

My classmates are very diverse.

My classmates are very diverse.

Although the transition from high school to college was exciting, it was also challenging. I was leaving the familiarity of high school and entering a world of independence and new experiences in college. Now that I have successfully made the transition, there are a few things I would have done differently. In high school, I struggled with not knowing what my future career goals would be. Therefore, I took electives that were irrelevant to the nursing major I eventually chose. If given the opportunity to go back in time, I would have filled my schedule with more core courses such as math and science. Additional core classes would have been beneficial to me and better prepared me for college. Furthermore, I feel that I missed out on opportunities that would have greatly benefited me. Post-secondary education was one such opportunity where a student is able to earn college credits while still in high school. This program would have enabled me to obtain my college degree quicker. Also, I would have been able to experience college classes while in high school, therefore allowing myself to make a smoother transition into college.

The most frustrating thing about my school, is that we not only have to pay for parking and the student parking is so far away from the school buidlings.

Jeanetta

Start college immediatly after high school and take as many classes as you can while you can still handle it.

Its not to crowded and had many services available to students.

Regina

I would stress how important education is and how I should never take it for granted. A solid education can make the difference in so many areas of your life, be it social or economic. Also, being young with no responsibilities makes it easier to focus on your studies versus being an adult and having to work and take care of children as well. The day to day hassles aren't there. I would stress how the sky is the limit when it comes to what can be accomplished through education and to take advantage of all the opportunities available.

What I like most about my school is the flexibility. I am a single mother and I still have to work to support myself and my daughter. With the hours, days and times they provide, it makes it easier to obtain an education and still maintain my other committments.

I wish I had known more of the process of getting started and what it involved. However, the staff at the school were very helpful in providing me with answers to all of the questions I had.

Chloe

Because of the major I chose most of my classmates are older but very respectful.

If I could go back the advice I would give myself is be prepared, because it's definitely nothing like high school and you have to make sure you are completing everything on schedule because you would not be able to make it up.

The best thing about the college I am attending right now is that the campus is small and there is a lot of hands on communication from the teachers.

Tiffany

My classmates are smart, willing to learn, alert, ready to help each other as a team, and hardworking.

If I could go back to being a high school senior knowing what I know about college life, i would have went to college right after high school, but it 's never to late. I am ready to make the transition to achieve in lifes long and short term goals that I have set to be a successful person.

I like everything about my school like my teachers, classmates,and the organization or the school. Everyone has a positive attitude and excellent taechers that are willind to do what it takes to succeed.

Kristine

Tri C is known for being an affordable way to get a college education.

Tri C is known for being an affordable way to get a college education.

If I could go back, I would encourage myself to remain more focused on my educational and career goals knowing now how fleeting the moment in high school really is and the importance of college education in attainment of my professional career goals. I would also tell myself to implement the college planning stage sooner than I did as making last minute decisions limited my options.

I wish I had known more about the course content for the classes chosen.

Nuha

Since I can remember I have always enjoyed school. I was able to find a balance of work, classes, studying, open lab hours and friends in college. In high school I was a bit more reserved. I took on class loads that sometimes prevented me from having lunches or time to relax and live in the moment. I graduated high school in three years and started college at 17. When I got to college I began to unwind and make friends. I was able to be myself, stay focus and yet still have a good time. I learned that college is not just the education you learn inside the classroom, but also the experiences and opportunities you gain on campus. Its about meeting people, getting involved, and networking. It helps build communication skills and ideas to help steer one in the right direction. College is not just about midterms, 20 page papers, and making deadlines, its about finding yourself and learning what kind of person you are. College is a milestone in life that not many achieve. Its hard work, but theres no reason to sit on the sidelines and watch the excitement, it never hurts to have to fun.

This upcoming fall semester will be my first semester attending Cuyahoga Community College. From the feedback friends and other students have told me, I feel I will benefit greatly and I am looking forward to starting my education there. I only wish I knew current students who would be able to help me become familiar with the campus. I hope to take advantage of my resources, such as the library and campus activity board to learn about upcoming events on campus.

There are certain set requirements colleges have when looking at prospective students. I believe as long as the student has met the minimum school requirements they should be given the opportunity to attend this school. A great instructor I once had said, "Optimism is to see opportunities in your difficulties." Everyone has seen hard times, some more than others. Giving students this foot in the door gives them great optimism and confidence to see a bright future ahead of them. Everyone has to start somewhere, so why not here? As the school slogan states, "Tri-C, where futures begin."

Maci

If I could tell my senior year self something it would be two life altering statements ; Life each day to the best as it comes, and to read more. I would tell myself not to worry so much about the future and how every move I make will affect me in the long run. I tell myself to realized that no matter what, the future is still going to be there but I can only control the now. I would tell myself to worry more about the tasks right in front of me rather than the ones a year or two down the road. I would also tell myself to read much more because as an artistic person, reading will serve our mind well by inspiring many different ideas and by being a productive break from school and work. I would tell myself that by doing the best I can in the moment, I will succeed in the future and be happily less stressed.

The best thing about my school is the atmostphere, it is filled with education. By that statement, I mean that the students who are walking te halls have chosen to be there and are serious about learning, regardless of their, age, race, or religious background. I like the feeling that you can strike up hour long conversations with anyone about their major because their major is a passion of their's or is apart of making their dream come true.

Someone who is not willing to learn should not attend this school. I takes a lot of discipline to attend a community college because attend the classes is your choice. Unlike a university, there are no dorms that keep you on campus. The school has much to offer, but only to those who are willing to seek out an take opportunities.

My school is one that I find is diverse, it mixes many different people and many different backgrounds and majors in one; also the credits can practically transfer anywhere.

I find that the comfort I have being at this school is better than what I would've probably felt going to a bigger or much larger campus. Also the way each class I attend has a range of different people in it whether it be because of their age or major it's a nice feeling to have to see it.

If I was able to go back in time to talk to myself as I high school senior I don't think I would have much to say to myself. As a high school senior I was aware of what I thought college would be like and pushed myself to be prepared. The only difference then and now is that I would've advised myself to take more notes so that I could have references I could refer to. Now as a freshman in college I don't feel a huge transition in high school life to college life. I think that the environment I've placed myself in has helped greatly to be able to function in college. So one conversation to myself back then I would just let myself know that college isn't a bug transition but sit be prepared to take notes and study... the work you put in is what makes the difference in what you will earn.

Cuyahoga Community College District administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.