Cypress College

« See more reviews of Cypress College

You definitely need to do your research when you choose an institution you will spend the next 2-8 years attending. Every university has their own criteria and advancements for each student vary greatly. You don't want to find out down the road that you are unable to afford their tutelage. I've known too many colleagues that have spent years at one school only to find out that their career path has changed forcing them to change schools. The heartache then is dealing with a University that will only transfer a set amount of credits from previous schools.

I wish I had known more about my potential. Growing up, I did pretty well in school, but never thought, or was encouraged, to try my best and succeed. I was known as the failure in the family, so I thought my fate was set in stone. I had never thought of actually trying to get into a great school. It was the greatest regret of my life. I should've continued to believe in myself and pushed myself to my fullest potential. Now I pay the price with years wasted. I realize now I'm very capable of greatness.

One thing that I wished that I had known, before I got to this school was about the extra oppurtunities that I would have found such as, clubs and work opperunties. One of the most important things that most student worry about is the work and time effort that to have jobs to pay for classes and tuition. But also that most student have to find the time to study for exams and quiz to keep their grades up.

Its program for criminal justice is really small and there is not many classes for it. I would like to take more classes now to make sure that it is what I want to do in life instead of just thinking that it is and going with it.

What the dormitory was like and how to live with other students? Who to get help for homework when you were in need and did not know how to complete in time for class.

There is really not much I wish I would've known at Cypress College. It has been pretty easy to do everything from registering for class to finding my classes.

There is nothing I wish I had known. I knew what a community college was and I knew what to expect.