Dakota State University Top Questions

Brady

The worst thing about DSU is the construction of some of the majors. The school is focused on the computer majors and sometimes forgets about the other majors that the school has to offer. They are working on redesigning the forgotten majors but it will be a long process.

Kristina

A lot of the students seem to be stuck in a high school mindsets. A lot of people see two distinct groups: gamers, and jocks. At times there is a bit of animosity between the two.

Hailie

The worst thing about this school is trying to connect to the printers, some people can connect just fine but for others you have to go through a whole prosses just to print one page.

Kaitlyn

The thing that I consider worst about Dakota State University is the food choices. They do have a lot of good food but after being there for a semester you want some more choices.

Margaret

Dakota state suites all of my needs, therefore I having nothing negative to say about it.

Brandi

There is nothing bad about my school because in my view it is the best school out there for Computer majors and my major.

Honestly? The town it's in. Madison SD is tiny and there's NOTHING to do. If I need to go shopping for supplies, I have to drive an hour to Sioux Falls.

Jeremy

I do not have anything negative to say about my school.

kacey

The worst possible thing that I would have to say about Dakota State University is the small town location.

Scott

I feel that the worst thing about Dakota State University is the food. The food at Dakota State University is alright in taste but the price is sometimes overwellming. Other than the price of food, their really isn't anything bad about Dakota State University and it is a very good school for all types of students.

Matthew

The snow has to be the worst thing. It can be fun if you make it fun but it does get way cold.

Bryce

The worst part about the school would be the cafeteria. The lunch program really doesn't help the students out very much, but I suppose a college has to make money where it can.

Amy

The worst thing about DSU, is the lack of things to do in Madison on the weekends. Usually to do anything special on the weekends you will have to go to Sioux Falls which is about a 40 minute drive.

Jeremiah

I think the parking is the worst thing. I have to walk quite a ways to get to my car.

Margo

It's small and not very academically prestigious.

Allison

The hardest thing about DSU was the adjustment to living in a small town coming from a large city. It takes patience and acceptance to adjust, but it is a unique opportunity to gain insight into a completely different lifestyle than high-speed city life. I have learned how to live in a caring community rather than a community where people don't even know their neighbors and traded in convenience stores on every corner for family owned buisness that value a personal touch.

Christine

My school is an hour from my house.

The worst thing about my school is the cost of living in the dorms and being required to purchase such large meal plans as a freshman and sophomore. I don't think you should be forced to buy such a big meal plan; it doesn't matter what level of school you have achieved. It shouldn't be required. Living in the dorms many times be noisy, unclean, and distracting to some students. The dorms should be cleaned more often and should have stricter rules about noise.

Danielle

Location

Heather

The worst thing about my school would have to be the few disorganized professors, but they are few and far between. One other thing is the cold winters when walking outside to class, but it is worth it.

Nichole

I wish there where more activities on the weekends.

Suzanne

The worst thing about the school is probably the best, technology. For a born and raised farm-girl, I found the transition to the technology at Dakota State University the hardest adjustments for my academics. With the help of required classes, professors, and friends, I was able to adjust and make the transition to a technological college quickly. The technology will aid me in the future, but I found it to be the worst part of Dakota Stae in my first few weeks on campus.

At this time I cannot think of a bad thing about DSU.