Dallas, TX
Dallas Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dallas Baptist University

Heather

Conservative, Christ centered school with a desire for servant leadership.

Conservative, Christ centered school with a desire for servant leadership.

D-1 Baseball team and servant leadership.

Take a campus tour of all your college options. Talk to professors and look at what type of campus you fit best in. Once you make your decision, get involved! Go to campus organizations, meet people, develop relationships and introduce yourself to the professors.

Rusty

I think whenever you are looking at a college either for yourself or for a child the number one thing to look for is a true education. I don't simply mean getting knowledge, but truly being challanged as a person. Too many people these days pay a college to buy a degree. Though no college is ever going to be perfect we should strive to find a school that will push us to our limits while encouraging and building us up. I had a very wise man say to me, "Whatever you put into it will determine what you get out of it." The idea is that if you really invest yourself into something chances the results are going to be a lot greater than if you don't. My best advice for making the best of college, follow your passion and let it lead you into the unknown. Take risks, face challenges, and don't be afraid to fail.

I think the worst thing about my school is the fact that so many people come here already knowing what they would like to do. I don't think its bad to have an idea, but when you are so certain on a particular field, I feel you lose something in the broadening through education. It would be better if people were a little more open minded when it comes to their futures.

First I tell them about the spirit of the campus. There really is a great feeling of love and acceptance both from the faculty and from the students. While there are exceptions to every rule, this is true most all the time. Also I would have to say it is truly a beautiful campus. The facilities and buildings both reflect progression in education and learning.

Stormye

Pray about it. If the God will put you where you'll do the best, all you have to do is listen.

I wish I had known specifically what major I was interested in.

There isn't any type of person that shouldn't go here. The school is very accepting of all types of people and for that reason we have a very diverse community of students.

Caleb

Not many schools give scholarships for being a christian and finding service hours throughout the semester. The faculty and staff really have good relationships with the students.

dont go into debt, find the one that covers your tuition.

There are many sociocultural groups on campus that stick together and it is hard to find a place to fit in and be social and real. There is also a heay push to be a christian and integrate faith into learning, but a large hypocritical display from the administration. Lastly, it seems administration is more concerned with the appearance and beauty of the camus than the education and the students. Not enough parking.

They genuinely care and are good people who love the Lord.

They genuinely care and are good people who love the Lord.

Visit the schools and pick the one that makes you feel comfortable and at home. Don't rule out a school because of what your previously thought you wanted- you may end up wanting something different.

Chris

Make sure the school equips you with future work plans, but also helps form you into an adult.

How poorly the administration handles its finances.

Savannah

DBU is an amazing school that really focuses on every single student's success, while teaching great lessons and building life-long relationships all at the same time.

I think that a student should look at schools that meet their standards, whether that be the school's academic success, or social status, or even price. I think parents and students should visit at many schools as they think is necessary before making a decision. I think that usually, the decision will be easy once you can see everything that each school is about. I think parents should take into consideration where their children really want to go because if a student is where they want to be, their success is going to be greater. I think students should search for scholarships and apply for as many as they can so that they can secure themselves financially for school. But most importantly I think that each student should keep in contact with their school and make sure their school is willing to help them in any way possible. If you can find a school that will do this for you, you will truly be happy throughout your whole college career.

If you are someone who loves to meet new people and who wants to learn all about life, I think DBU is the perfect school for you.

Alyssia

I have classmates from many different racial backgrounds. There are many international students and it is so amazing to get to be in the class with them and learn from them. The traditional US citizen classmates are very eager to learn and so it makes studying easier because we all encourage each other and the feeling to want to succeed in the class is passed on from one student to the other.

Not every school is the right one for every one; you have to really look into the school to see if it is right for you. Ask yourself what kind of things you enjoy doing, what kind of environment is best for you to study in, and what do you see yourself doing in the future. If when you answer these questions and there is a university that offers a way that you can use all three then you know that that is a place where you should be. It is a very hard decision to make and there are many things that you need to look into. For example with me, I found several universities that had what I was looking for but when I came to Dallas Baptist University I saw the great international program and that was the one thing that made it better than the other schools I was looking at. This university had everything I wanted in a university; I am even able to make good grades and still have a very active social life.

One thing that I do not like about the school is that I feel like it waists a lot of electricity. There are lights turned on all the time even in places that they are not being used. Also they do not offer breakfast on Saturdays, which is understandable for some people but there are many students who work or even take a class on Saturdays and we have to go without breakfast.

My classmates are great, Christian people who are there for you no matter what.

My classmates are great, Christian people who are there for you no matter what.

Some advice I would give to prospective students and their parents include looking at as many schools as possible, asking the really tough questions to both current students and faculty, and if possible, staying overnight at the school. From personal experience I wished that I had looked into more schools before agreeing to go to DBU. I had nothing to compare it to, and seeing now some of the other universities that my friends attend, I might have made a different choice. If you are looking for a big sports town or a lot of weekend activities, DBU is not for you! Make sure that the school you are agreeing to pay for, is what you really want. Also, I would make sure to ask anything and everything to the faculty and staff before handing over your checkbook. Financial aid has been a tough road for me, simply because I didn't know all it involved beforehand. Finally, by staying overnight at an institution the student is able to see all the behind the scenes not viewed in a typical school tour. You will be able to observe interactions between students, professors and staff that cannot be imitated daily.

Someone who doesn't believe that faith and education should go hand in hand, someone who is looking for the "typical" college experience, someone who is looking for a big school atmosphere, and someone who is not actively involved with their community.

Dallas Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.