Dallas, TX
Dallas Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dallas Baptist University

Joey

I love Dallas Baptist University and I am so happy I am able to call this university my home. Their love for God amazes me and their focus on Him is why I chose this college. No matter who you are, you will find a community and a home at DBU. Without DBU I would not be the same person I am now. This university has helped me grow in my walk with Christ as well as grow in my relationships with my friends.

Sylvia

Great school where Christians come together to learn!

Great school where Christians come together to learn!

jessica
About Dallas Bptist university

About Dallas Bptist university

Visiting Dallas Baptist University was an amazing experience for me. Ive always wanted to go there because, Dallas Baptist University has everything i want to be. While touring i got to see how its like. For example i got the chance to meet outstanding nice people there that were guiding us around the university and show what building was what. I loved everything about the university and hope to go there and major in nursing and worship leader. I know Dallas Baptist University will teach me everything i will need for my future. Not only Dallas Baptist University is a beautiful campus but it also has a magnificent view!.

Brenda

Most of my classmates were full-time working people who were focused on their school work. The daytime students tended to be younger people who were focused on their beliefs. Overall, everyone was kind and friendly and made for an amazing school experience.

If I could go back in time and give advice to my high school self, I would say, "focus on school!" Do your homework and pay attention in class. Who cares if you are poor or have a home life. If you stay in school and focus, you can go to college and then obtain a career that will allow you to live on your own. You can then travel, have fun, and gain some self confidence. Do not listen to your family and friends. They only want to hold you back and you will not realize this until they have almost ruined you during your first semester of college. You will have a difficult life because you will want to get away from these people, and you will struggle a lot due to your lack of education. Look at me now. You can be me, but at a faster pace. Keep your head down and do your work. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Just think about yourself. I love you.....you can do this! I believe in you.

The only frustrating part of school was that it was so far from my home. The commute was about an hour long, but luckily I was able to take some online classes to offset the commute.

Teaching/Teacher Placement Program (1st in Nation) Music Business Program

Teaching/Teacher Placement Program (1st in Nation) Music Business Program

If I were to tell myself anything, it would be to go ahead and start early in getting experience in the field you want to go into. Yes, focusing on your studies is something very important and we must all make time to do that. But during our time in college, we need to take advantage of the time that we have in college to gain experience in our desired field. This is because once we come out of college, a lot of employers may be looking for a degree, but what is going to set you seperately from the rest of the others is having experience right out of college. That is going to intrigue them and may even interest them in giving you a job later on. We have the opportunity to learn hands on wherever we put ourselves and we also have the chance to mess up and learn from those mistakes. If we are to be successful out of college, I strongly encourage that anyone entering college immediately try and get some experience anywhere they can. That is the advice that I would give to myself transitioning from high school into the college stage.

A student who is looking to learn in a Christian environment who not only values the education that he/she is getting, but also values the opportunity to serve their community whenever they can. Somebody who is career and academically focused on making a difference in the world through the profession that they are called to do.

Miguel

Honestly, if I were able to go back in time I think I would try to back even further and tell my younger self the Power Ball numbers, or make bets and smile at all the money coming in and never worry about how much that piece of clothing costs ever again. All jokes aside, if I had the opportunity to give advice, I'd tell my younger self my present dreams and goals as if I had already achieved them. I'd tell myself that in the future I got married to the most amazing girl I had ever met. I'd tell myself that I went down a very profitable career path. I would tell myself that my family and I could not be any better and everything was absolutely perfect because I took my life into my own hands and took what I wanted. By telling myself all these things I'd be hoping that my younger self decided to take all the steps necessary in making each one of those accomplishments happen. All of this done so that hopefully I would use every last bit of potential that I had to exceed expectaions.

Because I tansferred to Dallas Baptist University from University of North Texas I was able to experience the atmosphere of both schools. With that experience I wish I had known, before I attended UNT that it was not the place for me and that I would be so much more comfortable and happier at Dallas Baptist University. Also I wish i had known that college is open and there is so much to do, I wish I could've gotten involved in clubs early as possible.

People who are interested in surrounding themselves with others who are of higher moral standard should attend. Those who want to grow, mentally as well as spiritually, should defintiely consider attending Dallas Baptist University. A person who is more interested in the party life and temporary pleasures wouldn't enjoy DBU as that is not what the university has to offer. Instead it offers a home away from home, where you feel like you are welcome, where teachers, and falculty actually care about your well-being.

Tiana

Dallas Baptist University has small class sizes, teachers who care about their students, and an atmosphere that encourages pursuit of education as well as life-long friendships among students. It is ranked among the highest quality schools (top ten, if not first or second) for education degrees. Attending DBU was an experience that I am glad to have had.

Assuming I had the ability to go back in time and talk with my 18-year old self, I would advise her to find a way to develop better study skills. As an above-average student, I feel that I didn't have to try very hard to achieve a 4.0 average while in high school. The one thing I feel that high school failed to prepare me for was studying. Additionally, I think I would advise her to take a long hard look at herself before moving forward with her chosen major (even take time to decide - there is a lot of pressure on high achieving high schoolers to jump right in to college after graduation). 10 years later, I have a degree that I will probably never use again and a desire to go back to school to be able to do the things that I am discovering are what I truly love to do.

DBU is quite a bit more expensive than a public school.

My classmates are positive and encouraging Christ followers.

My classmates are positive and encouraging Christ followers.

The advice that I would give myself as a high school senior would be to work really hard in your last year in high school and try your hardest. I would have taken more dual credit courses in order to get more credits out of the way before I attended college. I also would have taken responsibility beforehand to save up more money for college tuition.

Before I came to this school, I wish I knew how different it would be in relation to high school and living with my parents. I did not realize the amount of responsibility I was actually going to have to take on myself.

Go to community college first. It is much less expensive and you will learn a lot about yourself and your passion while you are there. Stay focused and go straight through school without stopping. Do not allow anything to distract you from your goals, you don't want to end up feeling like you are behind in life. Having fun is ok however, do not let fun keep you from success. Work smart, not hard. Save some of the money you earn for emergencies. Once you finish community college, keep going until you earn all the degrees you want without stopping. Do not let anything keep you from pursing your dreams to the best of your ability.

A person who is not willing to put in effort to learn should not attend this school. Honestly, it would be a waste of time and energy if you aren;t willing to apply yourself.

The most frustrating aspect of my school it the cost. I would love to attend full-time but I just can't afford it right now. Because of this, it will take me longer to earn my degree.

Kathryn

If I knew now what I knew then, I would have warned myself of the dangers of getting older. Too often i though, "I want to be a grown-up already so life will be easier." Little did I know that life doesnt necessarily get easier as you get older. I look forward to attending college, but sometimes I do wish I were a bit more prepared for life away from home. I may miss my family, but I know it will be okay. A major thing I would tell my former self is to never take your family and friends for granted and never Forget about God. No matter what, He is always with us and he always has a plan for the future. Even when things get tough, don't give up, and dont take the time you have for granted.

I am unaware as of now of any faults of Dallas Baptist University.

As of now, I would not know. An atheist should probably not attend this school since is is based upon biblical principles.

Dallas Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.