Dallas, TX
Dallas Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dallas Baptist University

Teaching/Teacher Placement Program (1st in Nation) Music Business Program

Teaching/Teacher Placement Program (1st in Nation) Music Business Program

If I were to tell myself anything, it would be to go ahead and start early in getting experience in the field you want to go into. Yes, focusing on your studies is something very important and we must all make time to do that. But during our time in college, we need to take advantage of the time that we have in college to gain experience in our desired field. This is because once we come out of college, a lot of employers may be looking for a degree, but what is going to set you seperately from the rest of the others is having experience right out of college. That is going to intrigue them and may even interest them in giving you a job later on. We have the opportunity to learn hands on wherever we put ourselves and we also have the chance to mess up and learn from those mistakes. If we are to be successful out of college, I strongly encourage that anyone entering college immediately try and get some experience anywhere they can. That is the advice that I would give to myself transitioning from high school into the college stage.

A student who is looking to learn in a Christian environment who not only values the education that he/she is getting, but also values the opportunity to serve their community whenever they can. Somebody who is career and academically focused on making a difference in the world through the profession that they are called to do.

Miguel

Honestly, if I were able to go back in time I think I would try to back even further and tell my younger self the Power Ball numbers, or make bets and smile at all the money coming in and never worry about how much that piece of clothing costs ever again. All jokes aside, if I had the opportunity to give advice, I'd tell my younger self my present dreams and goals as if I had already achieved them. I'd tell myself that in the future I got married to the most amazing girl I had ever met. I'd tell myself that I went down a very profitable career path. I would tell myself that my family and I could not be any better and everything was absolutely perfect because I took my life into my own hands and took what I wanted. By telling myself all these things I'd be hoping that my younger self decided to take all the steps necessary in making each one of those accomplishments happen. All of this done so that hopefully I would use every last bit of potential that I had to exceed expectaions.

Because I tansferred to Dallas Baptist University from University of North Texas I was able to experience the atmosphere of both schools. With that experience I wish I had known, before I attended UNT that it was not the place for me and that I would be so much more comfortable and happier at Dallas Baptist University. Also I wish i had known that college is open and there is so much to do, I wish I could've gotten involved in clubs early as possible.

People who are interested in surrounding themselves with others who are of higher moral standard should attend. Those who want to grow, mentally as well as spiritually, should defintiely consider attending Dallas Baptist University. A person who is more interested in the party life and temporary pleasures wouldn't enjoy DBU as that is not what the university has to offer. Instead it offers a home away from home, where you feel like you are welcome, where teachers, and falculty actually care about your well-being.

Tiana

Dallas Baptist University has small class sizes, teachers who care about their students, and an atmosphere that encourages pursuit of education as well as life-long friendships among students. It is ranked among the highest quality schools (top ten, if not first or second) for education degrees. Attending DBU was an experience that I am glad to have had.

Assuming I had the ability to go back in time and talk with my 18-year old self, I would advise her to find a way to develop better study skills. As an above-average student, I feel that I didn't have to try very hard to achieve a 4.0 average while in high school. The one thing I feel that high school failed to prepare me for was studying. Additionally, I think I would advise her to take a long hard look at herself before moving forward with her chosen major (even take time to decide - there is a lot of pressure on high achieving high schoolers to jump right in to college after graduation). 10 years later, I have a degree that I will probably never use again and a desire to go back to school to be able to do the things that I am discovering are what I truly love to do.

DBU is quite a bit more expensive than a public school.

My classmates are positive and encouraging Christ followers.

My classmates are positive and encouraging Christ followers.

The advice that I would give myself as a high school senior would be to work really hard in your last year in high school and try your hardest. I would have taken more dual credit courses in order to get more credits out of the way before I attended college. I also would have taken responsibility beforehand to save up more money for college tuition.

Before I came to this school, I wish I knew how different it would be in relation to high school and living with my parents. I did not realize the amount of responsibility I was actually going to have to take on myself.

Go to community college first. It is much less expensive and you will learn a lot about yourself and your passion while you are there. Stay focused and go straight through school without stopping. Do not allow anything to distract you from your goals, you don't want to end up feeling like you are behind in life. Having fun is ok however, do not let fun keep you from success. Work smart, not hard. Save some of the money you earn for emergencies. Once you finish community college, keep going until you earn all the degrees you want without stopping. Do not let anything keep you from pursing your dreams to the best of your ability.

A person who is not willing to put in effort to learn should not attend this school. Honestly, it would be a waste of time and energy if you aren;t willing to apply yourself.

The most frustrating aspect of my school it the cost. I would love to attend full-time but I just can't afford it right now. Because of this, it will take me longer to earn my degree.

Kathryn

If I knew now what I knew then, I would have warned myself of the dangers of getting older. Too often i though, "I want to be a grown-up already so life will be easier." Little did I know that life doesnt necessarily get easier as you get older. I look forward to attending college, but sometimes I do wish I were a bit more prepared for life away from home. I may miss my family, but I know it will be okay. A major thing I would tell my former self is to never take your family and friends for granted and never Forget about God. No matter what, He is always with us and he always has a plan for the future. Even when things get tough, don't give up, and dont take the time you have for granted.

I am unaware as of now of any faults of Dallas Baptist University.

As of now, I would not know. An atheist should probably not attend this school since is is based upon biblical principles.

Daniel

A very friendly Christian school that emphasizes intergrating faith into your learning.

Very unique personalities all around that combine to make for an awesome experience.

I would tell myself two things. First off, save up as much money as you can. College gets expensive quickly, and having a good financial foundation will help alleviate some of the stress that you will begin to feel. The second thing I would tell myself is to get over your fear of meeting new people and go do it. It will be hard at the beginning but it will pay off in the long run as you will have friends that you met freshman year. Those are the two main things I would want to go back and tell myself.

caleigh

The teachers actully work with you. You're a name not a number. The teachers will pray for you as well. The freshmen get to pick their schedual first so they can have the classes they need. At DBU you get teachers who love God and actully care about their students. The classes are Faith based and Christ centered. And the school is absolutly BEAUTIFUL!!!

Hello SENIOR me: You might want to listen up this is kinda important! i know you thing you handle your own, but you can't. When your mom tells you that you need to study; listen to her. Take dual credit classes; make A's in them. Make A's in all your classes; YOU are smart enough! Work hard. When your mom tells you to apply for scholarships she means it! Never give up! Remember who you are. Don't let the stupid things Spencer says bother you: he's just a jerk. Always remember you are a Daughter of the ONE TRUE KING! Don't forget to go to bed early; pre-cal is your first period. Stand up for yourself. CONGRADULATIONS!!!! You are almost done! Sincerely, Your-future-(smarter)-self! P.S. Don't forget to be awesome! STUDY. WORK HARD. PRAY. YOU ARE SMARTER THAN YOU BELEIVE. P.S.S. You NEED scholarships for DBU! It's expensive!!!

I haven't been there long and so far nothing is really frustating so far. However, something that really stresses me out is the fact that its so expensive, and I don't have very much money.

First of all, you will be going to college even though you don't think so. You have to open up more to people, even though you are shy, you have to talk more. You will have an amazing roommate who is just as nerdy as you. You will survive the transition to college. It may be a little hard at first, but you will enjoy the freedom.

The food in the cafeteria is not the best, and there are some really snobby people. I kinda don't like having to go to chapel three times a week.

The campus is beautiful. There are so many places to run, but its not far to walk to class. The professors really care about everyone, and the classes aren't huge.

Rebekah

Do not rush through your last year of high school, just to get to college. Life is short, and gets busier and more challenging as you grow older. In addition to this, it is ok to not know exactly what you want to do with the rest of your life in regards to your major! You have time even after you enter your first year of college to figure out what intersts you, and what skills would enhance your future career. Although it may seem like everyone else around you has their life planned out, and knows exactly what they are majoring in, and such, they don't. Try different activities and new things that you may not automatically gravitate to. You might be surprised to discover a hidden interest that could lead you to your dream major and career!

If you are wanting to attend a school that teaches from a Biblical perspective, provides a strong community of believers and has excellent professors who truly care about their students, then DBU is the school for you! It also provides many oppotunities to grow in your walk with the Lord and serve on a consistent basis in the community.

The professors at DBU have made learning enjoyable and applicable. Because the campus has a small population rate, professors are able to know their students by name, and help them develop their knowledge of the subject at hand to a deeper extent then most large universities.

Dallas Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.