Dallas, TX
Dallas Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dallas Baptist University

Go to community college first. It is much less expensive and you will learn a lot about yourself and your passion while you are there. Stay focused and go straight through school without stopping. Do not allow anything to distract you from your goals, you don't want to end up feeling like you are behind in life. Having fun is ok however, do not let fun keep you from success. Work smart, not hard. Save some of the money you earn for emergencies. Once you finish community college, keep going until you earn all the degrees you want without stopping. Do not let anything keep you from pursing your dreams to the best of your ability.

A person who is not willing to put in effort to learn should not attend this school. Honestly, it would be a waste of time and energy if you aren;t willing to apply yourself.

The most frustrating aspect of my school it the cost. I would love to attend full-time but I just can't afford it right now. Because of this, it will take me longer to earn my degree.

Kathryn

If I knew now what I knew then, I would have warned myself of the dangers of getting older. Too often i though, "I want to be a grown-up already so life will be easier." Little did I know that life doesnt necessarily get easier as you get older. I look forward to attending college, but sometimes I do wish I were a bit more prepared for life away from home. I may miss my family, but I know it will be okay. A major thing I would tell my former self is to never take your family and friends for granted and never Forget about God. No matter what, He is always with us and he always has a plan for the future. Even when things get tough, don't give up, and dont take the time you have for granted.

I am unaware as of now of any faults of Dallas Baptist University.

As of now, I would not know. An atheist should probably not attend this school since is is based upon biblical principles.

Daniel

A very friendly Christian school that emphasizes intergrating faith into your learning.

Very unique personalities all around that combine to make for an awesome experience.

I would tell myself two things. First off, save up as much money as you can. College gets expensive quickly, and having a good financial foundation will help alleviate some of the stress that you will begin to feel. The second thing I would tell myself is to get over your fear of meeting new people and go do it. It will be hard at the beginning but it will pay off in the long run as you will have friends that you met freshman year. Those are the two main things I would want to go back and tell myself.

caleigh

The teachers actully work with you. You're a name not a number. The teachers will pray for you as well. The freshmen get to pick their schedual first so they can have the classes they need. At DBU you get teachers who love God and actully care about their students. The classes are Faith based and Christ centered. And the school is absolutly BEAUTIFUL!!!

Hello SENIOR me: You might want to listen up this is kinda important! i know you thing you handle your own, but you can't. When your mom tells you that you need to study; listen to her. Take dual credit classes; make A's in them. Make A's in all your classes; YOU are smart enough! Work hard. When your mom tells you to apply for scholarships she means it! Never give up! Remember who you are. Don't let the stupid things Spencer says bother you: he's just a jerk. Always remember you are a Daughter of the ONE TRUE KING! Don't forget to go to bed early; pre-cal is your first period. Stand up for yourself. CONGRADULATIONS!!!! You are almost done! Sincerely, Your-future-(smarter)-self! P.S. Don't forget to be awesome! STUDY. WORK HARD. PRAY. YOU ARE SMARTER THAN YOU BELEIVE. P.S.S. You NEED scholarships for DBU! It's expensive!!!

I haven't been there long and so far nothing is really frustating so far. However, something that really stresses me out is the fact that its so expensive, and I don't have very much money.

First of all, you will be going to college even though you don't think so. You have to open up more to people, even though you are shy, you have to talk more. You will have an amazing roommate who is just as nerdy as you. You will survive the transition to college. It may be a little hard at first, but you will enjoy the freedom.

The food in the cafeteria is not the best, and there are some really snobby people. I kinda don't like having to go to chapel three times a week.

The campus is beautiful. There are so many places to run, but its not far to walk to class. The professors really care about everyone, and the classes aren't huge.

Rebekah

Do not rush through your last year of high school, just to get to college. Life is short, and gets busier and more challenging as you grow older. In addition to this, it is ok to not know exactly what you want to do with the rest of your life in regards to your major! You have time even after you enter your first year of college to figure out what intersts you, and what skills would enhance your future career. Although it may seem like everyone else around you has their life planned out, and knows exactly what they are majoring in, and such, they don't. Try different activities and new things that you may not automatically gravitate to. You might be surprised to discover a hidden interest that could lead you to your dream major and career!

If you are wanting to attend a school that teaches from a Biblical perspective, provides a strong community of believers and has excellent professors who truly care about their students, then DBU is the school for you! It also provides many oppotunities to grow in your walk with the Lord and serve on a consistent basis in the community.

The professors at DBU have made learning enjoyable and applicable. Because the campus has a small population rate, professors are able to know their students by name, and help them develop their knowledge of the subject at hand to a deeper extent then most large universities.

LaTasha

Going back in time and advising myself about the transition from high school to college, I would stress the importance of focusing on academic studies and grasping the concepts of the subjects. While socializing with friends and being noticed or popular has some affects on your self-esteem, academic progress and success is far more gratifying. Selecting social groups that are engaged in succeeding in their educational goals would be a better choice of associates. Learning good study habbits and English paper formats are tools essential to the college work set before you while transitioning. Learning how to schedule your time for classwork and socializing will become allow you to have less stress while attending college. It is also important that you utilize your resources and inquire all that is available to you at the school you are planning to attend. This may include on-campus social groups, counseling, and on-campus health department. Apply for scholarships in advance. Complete your financial applications before the deadlines. Stay focused and have fun too.

Adam

I WISH I WOULD HAVE APPLIED MY SELF TO MY STUDIES AND TAKE SCHOOL SERIOUSLY. COLLEGE ISNT AS EASY AS HIGH SCHOOL AND I HAD TO LEARN THE HARD WAY.

THE BEST THING ABOUT MY SCHOOL IS THAT THE TEACHERS TAKE OUT A LOT OF TIME TO SPEND ONE-ON-ONE TIME WITH THEIR STUDENTS.

THAT WE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS WITH A GREAT VIEW OF THE SUNSET.

Kelsey

DBU is a Christ-centered university where the faculty cares for their students! There are a variety of organizations on campus to help students in all aspects of life encluding spiritual growth, social experiences, and physical activity.

DBU puts a big focus on each student's well being. They provide almost everything a student could need.

I would tell my high school senior self not to worry so much because college is so much better than high school! I grew so much during my first semester of college and learned a lot about myself. College is great because you can really determine who you are and how you want to live your life without the influence of parents. It's a time to make mistakes and learn from them, as well as a time to develop life long friendships and habits that will help you later on. Sometimes you'll want nothing more than to go home, but stay strong and focus on your task at hand. You will get through it and will grow so much through every trial!

Dallas Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.