Dallas, TX
Dallas Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dallas Baptist University

LaTasha

Going back in time and advising myself about the transition from high school to college, I would stress the importance of focusing on academic studies and grasping the concepts of the subjects. While socializing with friends and being noticed or popular has some affects on your self-esteem, academic progress and success is far more gratifying. Selecting social groups that are engaged in succeeding in their educational goals would be a better choice of associates. Learning good study habbits and English paper formats are tools essential to the college work set before you while transitioning. Learning how to schedule your time for classwork and socializing will become allow you to have less stress while attending college. It is also important that you utilize your resources and inquire all that is available to you at the school you are planning to attend. This may include on-campus social groups, counseling, and on-campus health department. Apply for scholarships in advance. Complete your financial applications before the deadlines. Stay focused and have fun too.

Adam

I WISH I WOULD HAVE APPLIED MY SELF TO MY STUDIES AND TAKE SCHOOL SERIOUSLY. COLLEGE ISNT AS EASY AS HIGH SCHOOL AND I HAD TO LEARN THE HARD WAY.

THE BEST THING ABOUT MY SCHOOL IS THAT THE TEACHERS TAKE OUT A LOT OF TIME TO SPEND ONE-ON-ONE TIME WITH THEIR STUDENTS.

THAT WE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS WITH A GREAT VIEW OF THE SUNSET.

Kelsey

DBU is a Christ-centered university where the faculty cares for their students! There are a variety of organizations on campus to help students in all aspects of life encluding spiritual growth, social experiences, and physical activity.

DBU puts a big focus on each student's well being. They provide almost everything a student could need.

I would tell my high school senior self not to worry so much because college is so much better than high school! I grew so much during my first semester of college and learned a lot about myself. College is great because you can really determine who you are and how you want to live your life without the influence of parents. It's a time to make mistakes and learn from them, as well as a time to develop life long friendships and habits that will help you later on. Sometimes you'll want nothing more than to go home, but stay strong and focus on your task at hand. You will get through it and will grow so much through every trial!

A faith engaging campus that feels like a piece of heaven.

A faith engaging campus that feels like a piece of heaven.

The students at my University are there to serve the Lord in everything that they do!

I would focus on using my time wisely! I would really enjoy every moment and not stress out as much. The Lord has blessed each of us with many talents, we should use them!

Keely

Everyone at this school is friendly and engaging; classes are typically small so you get to know your classmates well.

If I could go back in time to my last year of high school and talk to myself, I would tell myself to not be in to big of a rush. Even though I graduated early that does not mean I need to rush through and not do my best in college. Haing the patient to do a good job and to be able to work with the teachers and other classmates is a critical part to college. Also do not compare a four-year university to a community college and think it will be just as easy in the four-year. Community college taught me alot and since I graduated early it helped with my transistion, but there is a whole new level of work and effort needed at the university level. I have learned this and adjusted, but I may have spared myself quite a few headaches if I had not made that assumption.

Any student, Dallas Baptist University has a lot of aspects and courses that can appeal to any person.

Courteney

If I could go back to high school and tell myself what to expect in the future, I would tell myself to work harder bacause it would absolutely pay off. Working harder and never giving up would be the two main things I would have told myself. No matter what came or does come my way, I have to keep going and moving forward. If I would have had that in mind the entire time I would have been farther than I am today.

The thing that is the most difficult about DBU is the tuition.

I think that the most frustrating thing about DBU is that it is somewhat far away when you are not living on campus.

Logan

This is a very individual based school. Staff and professors are very intrested in the life and success. Campus life is booming on the weekdays, and weekends have an emphasis on service learning. There is a big push for voulenteer hours in the community. This school is driven to make a difference not only in the students, but in the community around it.

This school feels like a large family. There are hardly any quarrles, and you seem know know everyone on campus in some sort of way. It is smaller campus which gives it a great community feel. The staff is particularly involved in much that happens on campus. Advisors have a personal relationship with their advisees. It is a very comfortable campus, I have never felt out of place.

Always turn things in on time. Be it assignments, or even financial aid papers. You will avoid a lot of hassle and greif if you just turn your things in at the appropriate time. Also, get organized. Organization is the key to successs in everything in college. You will be a lost little kid if you can't get your stuff together. Don't worry, school isn't as intimidating as it seems. Living away from your family ends up being a huge blessing sometimes. You will miss them, so be sure and visit home as often as you can. People at college aren't as scary as they seem either. Sure everyone has their own opinion, and yes some people like to really push that opinion. Those people are easy enough to ignore, and you will develop your core of friends around what you believe and think. Give it your all, and you will see the fruits of your labor.

Kendra

If I could go back in time and tell my high school senior self what I knew now, I would tell her to start applying for scholarships as early as she can so that she would not have to use as many loans or have no loans at all. I would tell her that she needs to not procastinate and really put an effort into applying for as many scholarships as she can so that she would not have to worry about whether or not she could afford going to college. In addition, I would tell her that she needs to start changing her study habits earlier on so that when she starts college, she would not have to make drastic changes to her studying habits. Furthermore, I would tell her that she needs to do her best no matter what she does. Also, I would tell her that she needs to listen to her mom more and actually apply her mom's advice to her life earlier on instead of waiting. Finally, I would tell my past self that once she finds a balance between work and play, then she will do fine.

The nice and helpful nature of some of the people at Dallas Baptist University. I love the fact that I feel like I can get help with things that I have questions on. I love the fact that I do not have to be afraid to ask questions about a certain matter. In addition, I love the fact that the people are open and want me to come to them whenever I need help. Furthermore, coupled with their helpfulness, I love the fact that they are nice when answering my questions too.

I wish I had gotten a chance to know more about the teachers that were going to teach me. Luckily, so far the teachers that I did have were good teachers but I still had at least one teacher that was not as good as I hoped. So I wished I knew his teaching style and what to expect before I even entered his class, so that I could somehow prepare myself at least somewhat for his class.

Dallas Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.