Dallas, TX
Dallas Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dallas Baptist University

Courtney

Dallas Baptist University is a liberal arts school focused on faith- based learning and training servant leaders for their futures.

Kowing what I know now about college life I would tell myself not to worry about making friends and meeting new people. I met hundereds of incredibly nice, caring people the first week I was on campus. I would tell myself not to worry about the decisions that seemed life changing at the time like meal plans, classes, and even how I would decorate the dorm. Those things are all too small to worry about now that I have been there and lived it. However, more importantly than that, I would have told my senior self to slow down and enjoy every second of the time with my friends and family. I chose a college six hours away from home and I have loved every minute of it! I just know that I could have spent more time with a few friends that I have not seen in awhile now. I would have placed more importance on family time my senior year. I did not think I would miss them, but eventually I did miss them. I would tell my senior self to worry less and enjoy the people and the relationships that I have been blessed with.

Someone that holds conservative values would enjoy the atmosphere at DBU. Someone who wants to get to know lots of people on campus and be involved would enjoy our campus life. Some students at DBU are very musically talented & some are athletic, both are highly respected on campus. Just because it says "Baptist" in the name of the school does not mean that we do not accept non- believers. In fact, our faculty and students are evangelical for the most and enjoy leading new believers to Christ. Someone who enjoys living in a larger city should attend DBU!

Latoya

I would advise myself to have confidence in my abilities and to be cognizant of others and their differences. College will unequivocally change your perception of the world and those that reside within it. People are vastly different in the ideologies, biases, affiliations and experiences and this is what makes society so intriguing. You will be faced with many challenges; emotionally, spiritually and academically, but it is definately not the end of the world. Persevering through life's storms will give you character and an immeasurable amount of accomplishment. And finally, I would tell myself that all successful people fail at some point in their lives, so never give up. Those failures are temporary setbacks that are preparing you for a bright future.

It is very aesthetically appealing and the professors are usually very helpful.

The administration at this school in the financial aid, registrar and cashier's office is the worst complication of professionals within the state of Texas. However, there is a new director over the financial aid office, so maybe there is hope there.

Ryan

It is fait based, and the teachers here have a genuine concern for the students on campus. The class size are great because it allows for student/teacher interaction on a regular basis.

There is a commonly used phrase that declares “wisdom comes with age”. It has been only a mere five years since I was a senior in high school, but I think that I have grown immensely since those days. If I could go back into time and give myself a word of advice it would be one thing. I would tell that skinny eighteen year old Ryan “Don’t worry, try new things, get outside of your comfort zone”. Sometimes in my college career, especially in my freshman year I was so worried of what other people thought of me. I tried to stay up with the status quo of being cool and popular. Trying to mold myself into something I didn’t necessary fit into. It is liberating to participate in new activities, and to be adventurous in various aspects of my college life. It has opened up many doors and developed many friendships that I would of otherwise never of experienced. The only regret I have was that I didn’t implore this philosophy in my early years of college. I only wonder the many experiences and people I missed out on my first two years on campus.

Not a whole lot comes to mind here for this. The only thing that could be seen in a negative light in my opinion is the lack of parking at times on campus.

Tori

I love DBU because it is a Baptist school that keeps me grounded in the Word of God as I am learning in my field of study. The professors here go out of their way to help. Since I have started at DBU, I have been through two pregnancies and my professors were more than ready to help in any way they could. I would recoomend this school to anyone with a five star rating!

I would tell myself that the most important thing about picking a college to go to is making sure that the faculty and professors are very supportive of the students. If you do not have a great suport group on campus, succeeding could be a big challenge. I would also tell myself that going to a huge university that is well known is not important. Most schools like that are very good at social lives, which could cause problems with your academic life. It is important to find a school that will challenge you, but also make you better in all areas of life. Also take into consideration your finances and what kind of help you will have available. Fill out all scholarships available and as soon as possible, remember that the early bird gets the worm. And last but not least, make sure you will be comfortable with your surroundings at your college of choice. If you do not feel at home, your time at that school will drag by.

The best thing about DBU is that ALL of the staff there go out of their way to help in any situation. I have never seen a more helpful group of people than the group they have on staff at DBU.

Sandra

Dallas Baptist University is a very friendly and Chirst-centered campus; the teachers, staff, and students are all very helpful and are always willing to go the extra mile for you.

My classmates are very friendly and anytime there is a conflict, they are usually handled very well.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I'd tell myself that college is not what it looks like on television. College is about getting an education and it's good to have fun but to not make your social life a priority. I'd also tell myself that it is better to have one or two close friends rather than a huge group of friends who don't really know you. College is just another transition, I'd tell myself to have fun and enjoy every single day of it because time sure does fly by!

Angela

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to plan for the future. I would tell myself to research different schools, and try to visit them. I would tell myself to be honest about my home situation, and talk with my high school counselor and the admissions counselors at the schools I was planning to attend. I would tell myself to try to get the best grades possible and do my best on the ACT. When I was a high school senior, I had a rough life. I was a teen mom, and got kicked out of my house the summer between my junior and senor years. Finishing high school was a real struggle for me. I wanted to go to college, but was intimidated by the admissions process. Everyone wanted to know my parents income, and I was too embarassed to tell anyone that my parents had kicked me out, so I just gave up. I was 36 years old when I decided it was finally time to actually go to college. By this time I actually knew what I wanted to do with my life.

Rebecca

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to worry, because I am about to make the best friends I will ever have in my life. I would tell myself that playing volleyball isn't everything; relationships and my future is what truly matters. I would tell myself to take Dr. Mullen for Old Testament, rather than Dr. Tarwater! I would tell myself not to worry, and promise that I will miss my parents less and less as time goes on and as I begin to become more of who I will be in the future. I would also say that even though it becomes easier to live away from home over time, that doesn't mean home is not always there to run to when I need it. I would tell myself to get ready, because I am about to have some of the best years of my life, and to cherish every minute of them because they fly!

Someone who is interested in meeting amazing friends, and getting a personal education. Someone who is a Christian, or who wants to learn more about becoming a Chirsitian, or just about Christianity in general.

Jordan

During my first years of college, I found my education was much more enjoyable when I actively engaged myself in it. I was surprised by how much taking the time to study (even utilizing highlighters, notecards, study groups, etc.) and delving deeply into the class material increased my confidence; while I maintained a high GPA and didn't struggle in high school, I rarely committed more than the minimum amount of effort required and thus didn't get nearly as much out of it as I could. However, my advice to myself as a high school senior would certainly not be to study constantly; I've found that my well-being in college hinges equally on the time I take to relax and have fun. Therefore, I would include in my advice to take a break when needed, maybe to go to a party or hang out with friends. Although the balance between work and play is not at all an easy thing to maintain, my advice to myself as a high school senior on making the transition to college life would be to aim for just that.

Christina

The freedom to rexpress my religious views and opinions without being descriminated against.

Take your time, figure out what you like and work towards it but be flexable to change when life and likes change. Take the basics first, don't try to start at the upper level classes, no matter how smart you are, you are not ready for that. You are going to change your major a couple of times, its ok, and acceptable. Do what makes you happy and you will be happy with what you do.

felita

Education matters. Investing time and money in your future is the greatest gift you can give to yourself. It can have an amazing return. If taken seriously and thought of as a full-time job it can benefit in so many ways. Education gives you, good social skills, confidence, self-gratification and new career opportunities. Going back to school has been one of the best decisions I’ve made. It taught me I can be pushed to limits I didn’t know existed. One of the key elements to good learning is caring and dedicated instructors. If they show you that they care, then you began to care. You are encouraged to take ownership of your future. The university setting is a cultural amalgam that introduces students to the world’s diversity. We have the opportunity to learn that despite our differences, we are one. Education provides phenomenal career opportunities. From a young age I was told “In life a lot of things can be taken away from you, but one thing that can’t ever be taken is your education.” If you remember these words, your education can take you as far as you are willing to take it.

Dallas Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.