Dallas, TX
Dallas Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dallas Baptist University

Logan

This is a very individual based school. Staff and professors are very intrested in the life and success. Campus life is booming on the weekdays, and weekends have an emphasis on service learning. There is a big push for voulenteer hours in the community. This school is driven to make a difference not only in the students, but in the community around it.

This school feels like a large family. There are hardly any quarrles, and you seem know know everyone on campus in some sort of way. It is smaller campus which gives it a great community feel. The staff is particularly involved in much that happens on campus. Advisors have a personal relationship with their advisees. It is a very comfortable campus, I have never felt out of place.

Always turn things in on time. Be it assignments, or even financial aid papers. You will avoid a lot of hassle and greif if you just turn your things in at the appropriate time. Also, get organized. Organization is the key to successs in everything in college. You will be a lost little kid if you can't get your stuff together. Don't worry, school isn't as intimidating as it seems. Living away from your family ends up being a huge blessing sometimes. You will miss them, so be sure and visit home as often as you can. People at college aren't as scary as they seem either. Sure everyone has their own opinion, and yes some people like to really push that opinion. Those people are easy enough to ignore, and you will develop your core of friends around what you believe and think. Give it your all, and you will see the fruits of your labor.

Kendra

If I could go back in time and tell my high school senior self what I knew now, I would tell her to start applying for scholarships as early as she can so that she would not have to use as many loans or have no loans at all. I would tell her that she needs to not procastinate and really put an effort into applying for as many scholarships as she can so that she would not have to worry about whether or not she could afford going to college. In addition, I would tell her that she needs to start changing her study habits earlier on so that when she starts college, she would not have to make drastic changes to her studying habits. Furthermore, I would tell her that she needs to do her best no matter what she does. Also, I would tell her that she needs to listen to her mom more and actually apply her mom's advice to her life earlier on instead of waiting. Finally, I would tell my past self that once she finds a balance between work and play, then she will do fine.

The nice and helpful nature of some of the people at Dallas Baptist University. I love the fact that I feel like I can get help with things that I have questions on. I love the fact that I do not have to be afraid to ask questions about a certain matter. In addition, I love the fact that the people are open and want me to come to them whenever I need help. Furthermore, coupled with their helpfulness, I love the fact that they are nice when answering my questions too.

I wish I had gotten a chance to know more about the teachers that were going to teach me. Luckily, so far the teachers that I did have were good teachers but I still had at least one teacher that was not as good as I hoped. So I wished I knew his teaching style and what to expect before I even entered his class, so that I could somehow prepare myself at least somewhat for his class.

My school is rich in community and warmth and full of good, Christian people who are always willing to help me learn and succeed, whether they are a fellow students or teachers.

If I could go back and give myself advice as a highschool senior I would say that learning to take responsibility for everything in your life is not just something that your parents say you should do. It becomes very real when you enter a world where you're on your own, and you don't have mommy and daddy there to take care of everything for you. They may or may not be willing to help you out, but for the most part this is when you learn how to be your own caregiver and provider. It's better to get a head start now. Learn good study habits. Learn how to separate your laundry into lights and darks. Learn how to manage your time as well as your money. Learn to eat healthier and exercise on a regular basis. Things would be so much easier in the long run, by simply learning to take responsibility, and it will make your college experience so much more enjoyable.

The worst thing about my school is the cafeteria food, and it really isn't even that bad, but I still think that there is room for improvement in that area.

Courtney

Dallas Baptist University is a liberal arts school focused on faith- based learning and training servant leaders for their futures.

Kowing what I know now about college life I would tell myself not to worry about making friends and meeting new people. I met hundereds of incredibly nice, caring people the first week I was on campus. I would tell myself not to worry about the decisions that seemed life changing at the time like meal plans, classes, and even how I would decorate the dorm. Those things are all too small to worry about now that I have been there and lived it. However, more importantly than that, I would have told my senior self to slow down and enjoy every second of the time with my friends and family. I chose a college six hours away from home and I have loved every minute of it! I just know that I could have spent more time with a few friends that I have not seen in awhile now. I would have placed more importance on family time my senior year. I did not think I would miss them, but eventually I did miss them. I would tell my senior self to worry less and enjoy the people and the relationships that I have been blessed with.

Someone that holds conservative values would enjoy the atmosphere at DBU. Someone who wants to get to know lots of people on campus and be involved would enjoy our campus life. Some students at DBU are very musically talented & some are athletic, both are highly respected on campus. Just because it says "Baptist" in the name of the school does not mean that we do not accept non- believers. In fact, our faculty and students are evangelical for the most and enjoy leading new believers to Christ. Someone who enjoys living in a larger city should attend DBU!

Latoya

I would advise myself to have confidence in my abilities and to be cognizant of others and their differences. College will unequivocally change your perception of the world and those that reside within it. People are vastly different in the ideologies, biases, affiliations and experiences and this is what makes society so intriguing. You will be faced with many challenges; emotionally, spiritually and academically, but it is definately not the end of the world. Persevering through life's storms will give you character and an immeasurable amount of accomplishment. And finally, I would tell myself that all successful people fail at some point in their lives, so never give up. Those failures are temporary setbacks that are preparing you for a bright future.

It is very aesthetically appealing and the professors are usually very helpful.

The administration at this school in the financial aid, registrar and cashier's office is the worst complication of professionals within the state of Texas. However, there is a new director over the financial aid office, so maybe there is hope there.

Ryan

It is fait based, and the teachers here have a genuine concern for the students on campus. The class size are great because it allows for student/teacher interaction on a regular basis.

There is a commonly used phrase that declares “wisdom comes with age”. It has been only a mere five years since I was a senior in high school, but I think that I have grown immensely since those days. If I could go back into time and give myself a word of advice it would be one thing. I would tell that skinny eighteen year old Ryan “Don’t worry, try new things, get outside of your comfort zone”. Sometimes in my college career, especially in my freshman year I was so worried of what other people thought of me. I tried to stay up with the status quo of being cool and popular. Trying to mold myself into something I didn’t necessary fit into. It is liberating to participate in new activities, and to be adventurous in various aspects of my college life. It has opened up many doors and developed many friendships that I would of otherwise never of experienced. The only regret I have was that I didn’t implore this philosophy in my early years of college. I only wonder the many experiences and people I missed out on my first two years on campus.

Not a whole lot comes to mind here for this. The only thing that could be seen in a negative light in my opinion is the lack of parking at times on campus.

Tori

I love DBU because it is a Baptist school that keeps me grounded in the Word of God as I am learning in my field of study. The professors here go out of their way to help. Since I have started at DBU, I have been through two pregnancies and my professors were more than ready to help in any way they could. I would recoomend this school to anyone with a five star rating!

I would tell myself that the most important thing about picking a college to go to is making sure that the faculty and professors are very supportive of the students. If you do not have a great suport group on campus, succeeding could be a big challenge. I would also tell myself that going to a huge university that is well known is not important. Most schools like that are very good at social lives, which could cause problems with your academic life. It is important to find a school that will challenge you, but also make you better in all areas of life. Also take into consideration your finances and what kind of help you will have available. Fill out all scholarships available and as soon as possible, remember that the early bird gets the worm. And last but not least, make sure you will be comfortable with your surroundings at your college of choice. If you do not feel at home, your time at that school will drag by.

The best thing about DBU is that ALL of the staff there go out of their way to help in any situation. I have never seen a more helpful group of people than the group they have on staff at DBU.

Sandra

Dallas Baptist University is a very friendly and Chirst-centered campus; the teachers, staff, and students are all very helpful and are always willing to go the extra mile for you.

My classmates are very friendly and anytime there is a conflict, they are usually handled very well.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I'd tell myself that college is not what it looks like on television. College is about getting an education and it's good to have fun but to not make your social life a priority. I'd also tell myself that it is better to have one or two close friends rather than a huge group of friends who don't really know you. College is just another transition, I'd tell myself to have fun and enjoy every single day of it because time sure does fly by!

Angela

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to plan for the future. I would tell myself to research different schools, and try to visit them. I would tell myself to be honest about my home situation, and talk with my high school counselor and the admissions counselors at the schools I was planning to attend. I would tell myself to try to get the best grades possible and do my best on the ACT. When I was a high school senior, I had a rough life. I was a teen mom, and got kicked out of my house the summer between my junior and senor years. Finishing high school was a real struggle for me. I wanted to go to college, but was intimidated by the admissions process. Everyone wanted to know my parents income, and I was too embarassed to tell anyone that my parents had kicked me out, so I just gave up. I was 36 years old when I decided it was finally time to actually go to college. By this time I actually knew what I wanted to do with my life.

Rebecca

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to worry, because I am about to make the best friends I will ever have in my life. I would tell myself that playing volleyball isn't everything; relationships and my future is what truly matters. I would tell myself to take Dr. Mullen for Old Testament, rather than Dr. Tarwater! I would tell myself not to worry, and promise that I will miss my parents less and less as time goes on and as I begin to become more of who I will be in the future. I would also say that even though it becomes easier to live away from home over time, that doesn't mean home is not always there to run to when I need it. I would tell myself to get ready, because I am about to have some of the best years of my life, and to cherish every minute of them because they fly!

Someone who is interested in meeting amazing friends, and getting a personal education. Someone who is a Christian, or who wants to learn more about becoming a Chirsitian, or just about Christianity in general.

Dallas Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.