Dallas, TX
Dallas Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dallas Baptist University

Janay

My school is alive; everywhere you look life jumps at you through clubs, organizations, and the people.

Going back to give my senior self advoce for college, I think the best peice of advice I could give would be to not freak out. I know that as i entered college I was scared about everything. I though college was this big scary thing where i would be all on my own. I would tell myself that college is just another step in the staircase of life. There are people everywhere willing to help you out in your transition from high school to college. There is absolutley nothing to be scared about. It is a much easier transition when you just let it happen and accept the help that others give out.

What i brag about most is the recreation center at my school. Just last year a huge recreation center was opened at my school. This place has everything. It promoted a healthy way of living. I was at that rec center for an hour and a half every single day. That recreation center was my favorite part at school.

emelia

DBU has been a wonderful experience all encompassed in the beauty of the campus, the uplifting and relaxing atmosphere, the small classes with caring professors, the great location, the great quality of education, plus the fact that almost everyone is nice and eager to make new friends makes me look forward to each and every day.

I f I could back in time to my senior year, I would tell myself that everything is going to work out just fine. Instead of worrying about being homesick when I left for college, I would encourage myself to use my energy to enjoy the time I have left, and to focus on the excitement of the unknown, rather than the "what if's." You can "what if " yourself into indecision and miss out on something wonderful. Instead of being afraid that I might not find a group of friends that I would really enjoy, I would urge my younger self to focus on the friendships at hand. The thing is, it will all work out just fine. It is a natural transition, and everyone you meet at your school of choice will be going through the same thing. They are all looking for new friends. And guess what? College is designed exactly for you and everyone else in your age group. What seems like a big scary unknown mountain to climb, is actually just an easy little downhill bunny slope. You will be just fine!

DBU has many wonderful attributes, but if I had to choose the one that is most important to me , it would be that the campus is filled with really nice people and I know that I will leave here with many lifelong friendships thanks to my time on this campus.

Hilda

It offers an excellent Christ-centered education.

It offers an excellent Christ-centered education.

My college experience has stretched me immensely. I am starting to become more of the person I was created to be. I am better understanding who I am and what I want for my life. College has put me in an uncomfortable position that has forced me to figure things out without having my parents. It's given me confidence in the fact that my parents have raised me to be a bold, confident, and beautiful young woman. My college experience has also given me a hunger to help and love others better and more. If it weren't for college, I would not have been able to be stretched. College has shown me who I want to be and with the independence that comes with college given me a chance to achieve that.

Students who are looking for a party school shouldn't attend DBU. DBU is also very pricey and at times it seems that the administration only care about the money. Students that don't have the financial resources may struggle paying for school.

Jacqueline

The atmosphere of dedication and servitude is a know fact among all students attending Dallas Baptist University. The outstanding instructors instill a since of integrity, ethics, leadership and teamwork that students carry throughout campus life and into their workplace after graduation. These characteristics are indoctrinated by using communication and recognition. This encourages individual excellence and continuous improvement in all facets of life.

My college experience has given me the values, principles and knowlede for living my everday life. After attending college, my work search began. The confidence in my ability to apply the academic knowledge I gained during my college experience allowed me to excel in my career. The benefit of my college experience encouraged the continuation of my education. This continuation as well as this scholarship will allow me to gain the knowledge needed to help others in my field of work. Attending Dallas Baptist University instilled a measure of commitment in me that extends to others as I have the ability to assist others on a daily basis.

The worst thing about Dallas Baptist University is the high cost of tuition. The cost of tuition for private institutes is often more expensive than public universities. Dallas Baptist University is not an exception to this rule. As the cost of living rises and the economic turndown has an effect on students, the cost of tuition and books has risen to an unexpected high. Often the financial aid and student loan sources are not enough to cover all expenses associated with attending college. Financially unfortunate students are forced to find part time jobs and spend hours a day writing scholarships.

Karen

I believe that the other schools I considered were more Liberal whereas Dallas Baptist is firmly Christian based, and that is what I sought in a college.

My college experience has not yet begun. I move Dallas Baptist University in less than a month, and I'm super excited. I truly believe that I chose the best college for me and that I will thoroughly enjoy my college experience.

charles

My school has a big history, of educating future leaders.

My school has a big history, of educating future leaders.

It has classes in my feild of study, with a christian world view.

It hase been valuble to attend my school because I have been exposed to information that I never knew was out there. I also have the oppertunity to become friends with so many people, from all over.

LaCrisha

I've learned within my college experience that it's not all about me and the glory that is brought to me by helping others. I've learned that the greatest gift of life is giving. I look forward to accomplishing what I must to achieve my goals and I believe this is what makes me a great college student. Hard times have come and gone. I know tough times might come as well, but I've decided to tunnel vision in order to get my degree. I help take care of my entire family. I'm the baby of my family, but I act as the oldest. Pressure has been on my shoulders for a long time. I believe I've been destined to overcome and succeed. The lessons I've learned while being in school I believe will stay with me for life.

The tuition keeps getter higher. At the end of our course sheets that we must fill out at the end of the semester I always voice my opinion and ask the school advisers and president to stop going up on tuition.

The Tuition keeps going up and it makes me sometimes want to find another school. I love attending Dallas Baptist University but the tuition is getting higher and higher every year. It's almost $1800.00 a class.

Gabriel

Starting college at the age of 16, I had a great need for a campus that would enable me to mature socially, emotionally and academically. DBU has more than exceeded my expectations and hopes. The faculty and staff are incredible -- so accommodating, friendly, and truly concerned for the wellbeing of each student. And because of their attitudes and interest, students themselves are caring, friendly and helpful. I have been able to maintain a 3.79 GPA in my college coursework, while making friends and contacts that will positively impact me for the rest of my life. And because DBU is so focused on community service, I've learned so much about the need to help others and positively impact my community. I believe DBU is the best choice I could have made, because I will leave school with not only an outstanding education, but a love for others and a desire to effect change in the world around me.

I would like it to be closer to home (Houston).

This has been the friendliest, most accommodating school I've dealt with in terms of admissions, financial aid, academic advising, student body -- really everything. They have called, written letters, sent emails -- so many things -- to let me know how important I am to the school and how much they want me to attend. My advisor returns my calls or emails, usually within an hour, and everyone has bent over backward to help me with any need I have, from housing to financial aid to admissions. They're truly an incredible group of people.

Ron

Join the military, take a hiatus from education for a few years, build some scholarship or GI Bill credits, give yourself time to mature, don't be so serious all the time, work less, enjoy life.

Abigail

Devoted to learning and growing as a person and as a community, they are servant leaders with hearts for the world.

If I could go back to myself in high school I'd tell myself not to stress. What your high school teachers are saying about college professors are not true, they do not throw you to the wolves right away and they do not come off heartless. Overall they do care about how you are doing in their class as long as you are putting forth an effort and showing them that you want to be there. I'd also tell my young self that making the choice of where you want to go is not that difficult, just take a deep breathe and be honest about what you want out of college, God will give you the answer. Overall, I'd stress that it is important to have fun and not let the confusion and overwhelming atmosphere get to you, because everything works out great!

At DBU they put the student and their academic and spiritual welfare first. They care whether you are comfortable and want you to feel at home on the campus. They become your family at DBU, because that is what your family does, puts your welfare and how you feel first.

Dallas Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.