Dallas Baptist University

« See more reviews of Dallas Baptist University

The worst thing about Dallas Baptist University is the high cost of tuition. The cost of tuition for private institutes is often more expensive than public universities. Dallas Baptist University is not an exception to this rule. As the cost of living rises and the economic turndown has an effect on students, the cost of tuition and books has risen to an unexpected high. Often the financial aid and student loan sources are not enough to cover all expenses associated with attending college. Financially unfortunate students are forced to find part time jobs and spend hours a day writing scholarships.

The worst thing about my school would have to be how difficult the science classes are. The lack of updated equipment makes the labs frustrating and not as beneficial to the students. However the difficulty of the classes creates a much wanted challenge for the students. I find the grading scale with the plusses and minuses to be annoying, especially when I try to compare myself to other students at State schools. It is frustrating to have the same GPA as another student who has made C's, when I have not.

There are many sociocultural groups on campus that stick together and it is hard to find a place to fit in and be social and real. There is also a heay push to be a christian and integrate faith into learning, but a large hypocritical display from the administration. Lastly, it seems administration is more concerned with the appearance and beauty of the camus than the education and the students. Not enough parking.

One thing that I do not like about the school is that I feel like it waists a lot of electricity. There are lights turned on all the time even in places that they are not being used. Also they do not offer breakfast on Saturdays, which is understandable for some people but there are many students who work or even take a class on Saturdays and we have to go without breakfast.

I think the worst thing about my school is the fact that so many people come here already knowing what they would like to do. I don't think its bad to have an idea, but when you are so certain on a particular field, I feel you lose something in the broadening through education. It would be better if people were a little more open minded when it comes to their futures.

The worst thing about Dallas Baptist University is the lack of school spirit. For whatever reason, it seems students choose not to rally behind our athletic programs. Our athletic programs contain many great athletes as well as a great coaching staff, so the reason extend beyond the skill level of our teams.

Dallas Baptist University can tend to be a bit too conservative, even for a low-key person like myself. Also, the students would benefit from intermingling more with the international students living on campus.

The tuition keeps getter higher. At the end of our course sheets that we must fill out at the end of the semester I always voice my opinion and ask the school advisers and president to stop going up on tuition.

Dallas Baptist University is not near anything. It takes about 15-20 minutes to get anywhere, even the grocery store. Also the weekend life is very slow and dull, a major suitcase school.

The worst thing about my school is the cafeteria food, and it really isn't even that bad, but I still think that there is room for improvement in that area.