Dalton, GA
Dalton State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dalton State College

Christian

The school with unpassionate professors and prejudice students will happily invite you and depress you academically.

It is all about your academics! Dont worry about relationships or your position within a certain group. Think that every morning, everyone wakes up, stretches, and says who can I screw today!

Someone with a lot of financial background or someone that is searching for a high paying career.

shantavia

If i could go back into time and talk to my highschool senior self I would tell her that she needs to get it together early research colleges and scholarships stay up on her OHLAP and gpa and grades. i know and understand that graduating is exciting to you and prom sounds exciting, but focus more on what your going to do when your no longer in highschool how are you going to survive where do you see your self 5 years from now doing what and where at. you had the best intentions but change the path your on right now get up get active and pay more atttetion to whats going on around you i understand you dont have the support system you need from mom grandma daddy's in jail so you feel alone but i promise you it'll be so much better if you just open your eyes and put shantavia and her needs first learn how to say know put your head deeper in the books learn to love your self and hold your head up high. in the end you will be happy.

If I were able to go back in time and advice myself about college life I would say, "Apply yourself the best of your ability." By the best of my ability I mean to get ready to take college seriously and to not procrastinate. First of all, I would tell myself to apply to for scholarships. Having money to attend college would make the transition so much easier instead of worrying about where the money will come from to attend the semester. Secondly I would tell myself to not leave homework and essays to the last minute. To make sure to read the chapters assigned the night before and not the first ten minutes of class. To really just take it seriously, because this is college.

The worst thing about Dalton State College has to be the parking. Parking is so limited it is nearly impossible to get a parking space near the classroom. Oh and when it rains it is terrible ! Parking is even more hectic and reckless. Not to mention the long walk to class. By the time of arrival every one is almost out of breath! The worst thing about Dalton State has to be the parking!

The type of person that should not attend Dalton State College is any one who just will not apply themselves to college. Every type of person can attend Dalton State. Moms, dads, young, and old students can be seen walking around the campus all the time.

My college is such a good school that I have obtained an associate degree there twenty-nine years ago and have decided to pursue my bachelor's degree in the same subject at the age of forty-eight years.

Whatever you do, try to be open to new types of people, ideas and activities. Do not be apprehensive or timid. Use this time in life to spread your wings a little and take full advantage of all the opportunities afforded you. Work hard, behave appropriately to your upbringing and values system, yet be tolerant of others and their values and ideas. Don't feel pressed to look ahead to completion of the program and forget to enjoy the learning opportunities along the way. Make observations, not judgments, and keep your mind open to change and redirection. For every two nice things that you do for someone else, do a small nice thing for yourself. Keep a journal of this time and make notes that might help you or someone else somewhere down the line. Be organized and stay on task, but allow time to just be, enjoying nature and quiet. Give yourself time for reflection after each new experience.

Excellent professors, interesting and rigorous curriculum, campus beauty and ease of finding classrooms and offices.

Jose

Dear Jose, I'm writting you to tell you that anything that you did to get to college will not get you through college. Jose first you have to dedicate your entire life to school. Prioritize your time making school first and evrything else second. if you are working do your best to live a work life balance so that you dont take your time from learning for working. Do not be afraid to make friends but the right ones, the friends you make in college will determine how good of a grade you get. if you chose friends that deciate there life to school and school is number one on there list of to do's then you will probably end up getting good grades. The more you have the subject in your mind the bettere it is to remember the subject for a test. Jose make sure to leave a block just for studing. dedicate your life to school because this is your life that your dealing with. if your shooting for the best than for get the rest and dont settle for anything else than the best. I love you jose, work hard play later

cheyenne

I never went to high school, i had to drop out after i graduated the eighth grade. I would tell myself to be organized, study hard and play less be more worried about getting the A than the just passing C because it all matters. Your education is the most important thing, because without it employers wont take a second look at you, life will be downright difficult for you.

Carmelaine

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would give the advise of persistence and patience. Now that I am older, and much more learned and experienced in life, I have learned to maintain patience and pace myself to excel in classes and be persistent in pursuing my degree. I’ve gotten the first hand look that a college degree is very important in not only learning your field, but for job advantages as well. I would also tell my high school self that it’s alright to be scared – because everybody is - but the transition and people met along the way are a fun-filled experience!

john

This school is known for its academic rigour in english. If you want to study english. Then dalton state is the school for you. The other degree programs are okay, but you will most likely end up transferring to another school.

I would tell myself that I know your senior was difficult and that you didn't do well in high school. But everything will change in college if you stay focused and actually study. When you get in to Dalton State , which is the only school that will accept you with your low high school gpa, choose your major to be physics/pre-engineering. I know you are thinking about how crazy that sounds and that you may not even be smart enough to handle that degree. Well it turns out that you could because you believed in your self. Also, find jenni, she will teach you better study habits and will be the reason why you become an engineer and enventually go off to Ga tech. Be strong because you will face dissapointment from your parents along your journey. One last thing you need to know is to make sure you save up as much money as possible before going to Dalton state that way you will not be in the finnancial struggle you are in now. Good luck and be well.

A typical student who would be interested in dalton state is smart, budget oriented, and wants to complete his/her first two years of college at home. Most students transfer to UGA or Ga tech from dalton state. The other schools recognize dalton state as great school for the foundation of a students undergraduate degree.

Yolanda

There are many different types of classmates at Dalton State College. Students of every ethnicity trying to suceed in life by earning a degree. All students are nice and proud to be at school and will go out of their way to help anyone.

Dalton State College is best known for it's beautiful campus and bell tower, which rings every hour on the dot. The curriculum may be a little tough but, with the help of the staff, teachers, and other students you will succeed and earn a degree from a university system close to home.

If I knew what I know now, when I was a high school senior I would tell myself to take in and learn as much as possible. To believe in myself and not to be scared of the road ahead of me. I wish I would of known to jump into college head first and go straight toward seeking a degree, and not taking a year to mess around and get used to school. Myself, like others have changed my majob 10000 times, but I am still back to square one seeking a degree in Criminl Justice, right where I started at, and where I will always be.

Julia

I would describe Dalton State as unembellished, the campus is simple and small and outside of the actual classes, there isn't much else to do.

Dalton State is unique because even though it has really high rated programs, it remains one of the least expensive schools in the state.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in highschool, the first thing I would do is give myself a swift kick to the behind.Second on my list would be to stress the importance of filling out all of those scholarships that I procratinated until they were expired. I would walk behind myself everyday of senior year and whisper in my ear, "If you want to get out of this small town, you have to fill out those scholarships." Next order of business would be to visit every college that I was interested in. College visits are way more important than I thought they were. Next on my list would be to remind myself to keep focus. I would tell my "senior self" to make a poster of the schools I wanted to go to and put it where I could see it, so I would always have that in the back of my mind. Lastly I'd stress how easy it is to get comfortable. If I could go back and tell myself how badly I want to get out, maybe I'd finally understand what I'd needed to do.

Dalton State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.