Dalton State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Dalton State College

Overall DSC has been a great college and the school as a whole is aware that they have many students who work full time; like myself. The professors i have had have all been wonderful and classes are a great size! Although there isnt much going on as far as on campus they do try to have some things to do. It is a commuter school for sure because it is closer to home for most and pretty affordable which is a huge plus!

Adriana

dalton state college is a great school to attend. very affordable plus the professors help as much as they can. The students are kind and will make conversations with anyone. The campus is safe. If you need help, there is always someone that will reach out a hand.

Haley

I love attending Dalton State College. The campus is not very big, so very easy to walk from class to class. The classes are decent sizes, so it makes it a lot easier for discussion with the professor. The worst thing about Dalton is the limited parking, but it is just one of those things you have to deal with.

Dalton state college is a very small college but it is slowly growing more and more. It has perfect class sizes, helpful professors, helpful staff, and fellow students never hesitate to lend a hand. dalton state is also super affordable! I always recommend dalton state to people searching for somewhere to study when they graduate.

This is my second semester at Dalton State. I was able to dual enroll from my high school, Northwest Whitfield, my senior year. I loved it! I know Dalton State has amazing and flexible professors, in the sense of their availability and expertise of their field. They are an amazing college and strive for greatness.

Ashton

I have really enjoyed my time at Dalton State! The class sizes are small so you get as much access to your professor as you'd need. The people are friendly and helpful as well! I have never had a problem with anything during my time as a student. I would recommend Dalton State to anyone!

I love Dalton State because it is affordable and I do not have to be taking out loans constantly. I can relax on campus most of the time and get in contact with my professors! I would like to graduate from Dalton State.

Alondra

My overall opinion of Dalton State has to be be all the extra curricular activities that are available for all students, and how all professors are available at all times. I love how Dalton States gives their students opportunities to be part of the community.

Jordan

Overall I would say Dalton State is a great school. I think with it not being a larger university like UGA or UTK that students have more of an opportunity to actually get to work with the teachers during class. That to me is very important. I like to ask questions when I don't understand things, and at a larger university which seats over 500 students per class you can't really ask that question. You're left wondering about it and then you have to wait until the professors office hours to ask. At Dalton State the teachers are here for you and always there when you're stuck/confused. I like that and I learn better that way. Dalton State is great if you want to actually learn from your classes and your professors.

Autumn

Overall I believe Dalton State is a good choice for college. While most students plan to only go there first and occasionally second years I plan to stay all four years. Its a cheaper more community oriented college, the kids there are really friendly. The classes are great and they have many options for majors. I do recommend everyone check out Dalton State.

Mariah

I feel that Dalton State is an easy college to settle into and feel at home with. The campus isn’t giant but it also isn’t small. There are plenty of helpful things on campus so you don’t have to go anywhere else for them. Also, the staff all tries to make you feel like you can ask them for any help if needed.

Judy

Dalton State is a safe and controlled environment. I feel as if I am at home when I am on campus. I commute to campus everyday, but the professors and the environment make the drive worth it. I have yet to have a professor who did not take the time to get to know all of their students and tried to help each one in any way possible. I feel as if the professors and staff at the college are all very well rounded people, and I feel as if I have a family away from home.

Noah

i love the campus and its staff! all of my professors are easily accessible and are always willing to help. the professors make sure you understand the content you are being taught before they move on as well. the campus services are also up to date. i found it very easy to get my textbooks and other necessities.

Maria

Overall I really like dalton state college, it’s not too big nor to small. It is close to my home town. I also like that besides the main campus in dalton, they have small campuses in near by counties. The interaction with professors is really good and easy to get along with. The student advisors are also very helpful and are always willing to meet with students with or without appointments.

Hunter

My overall opinion of Dalton State has somewhat changed for the better over the pass few months I have attended the College. At first, I solemnly hated everything about Dalton State. I hated the professors, the community, and the facilities but after actually attending the school and experiencing all of this myself I came to the conclusion that Dalton State isn't that bad of a school. The professors care about their students and most of the time are willing to help. The Dalton State community takes pride in their Roadrunners ( the mascot) and Basketball games are electrifying. Facilities could use some work and renovation, which Dalton State has tried to correct over the past couple years with the building of Mashburn hall, the new residence facility and the renovation and revamping of the student center. All in all I have been overall happy with Dalton State and I would tell anyone who might have some predetermined dispositions about the college to check it out themselves and see what the real Dalton State is all about.

Lonna

While Dalton State was not my first choice, it has given me the opportunity to get a quality education without having to be far away from my family. Now that I'm officially in the Wright School of Business it won't be much longer until I finish with a Bachelors in Management and a Bachelors in Marketing and I could not be more thankful for the wonderful professors who have helped me on my path.

Dalton State College is great, I enjoy it, because you have teachers that care and are very helpful!

Bailey

It’s an okay college. I am mainly attending it to get my core classes out of the way with a smaller tuition. After this I will be attending Kennesaw State. It’s an okay campus some building definitely need some upgrades and look prettt worn out, but for the most part it’s not bad. The teachers are kinda hot or miss. Try talking to other people to find ones you will exceed with.

Israel

I am attending Dalton State College for my first 2 years of advanced education to save money for my eventual transfer to GA tech. The facility, staff, and public safety within Dalton State College is impeccable and I will always be proud of the fact that I was able to call myself a Road Runner for 2 years. Police officers are constantly present with am amicable attitude, professors are more then willing to meet with students outside of class, and the facility is always in pristine condition thanks to the hard work of the cleaning staff.

jewel

My overall opinion for Dalton State would have to be amazing. This place makes you feel at home. At first I was a little hesitant on coming here since I wanted to leave my town. But the longer I stayed the better I felt that I belonged here. So if you would like an affordable college and want to feel at home, Dalton State is your best choice.

Tate

Its a great engaging school with decent sized classes. The professors are very in-touch with the students. It has a great campus, with great campus life. The sports and extracurricular activities are great and engaging. Dalton State is great for outdoor people.

Misha

They don't judge people, they more likely to make you feel welcome. The energy people give off is awesome and they don't give you a reason to not like the school, and it's plenty of things you can do and get involved in, nothing is bad about the school.

Deven

Dalton State College is very close to home. Campus life seems amazing. Everyone on campus is different; a very diverse group of people. Professors are good about keeping regular office hours. Regular office hours means that help can be provided to students that may need further help.

Summer

If I could back and choose another school I would. I'm glad it is far from where I live but the campus food is gross and the there is nothing to do there. They're a lot of racists other there. I'm just ready to transfer to a bigger more university that is more open and diverse.

Jordan

I think Dalton State is a great college! I like how the students can get to know their professors and actually be able to communicate with them. I think this is very beneficial to the student unlike if they were to attend a larger university with hundreds of students in one class. Dalton State gives students the opportunity to better themselves and grow into adults. I think that's an amazing quality to have in a school.

Gabrielle

If it weren't for Dalton, I wouldn't be going to college. Dalton is so incredibly affordable! I can't believe there aren't more people attending. Dalton has really stepped up and offers affordable education without skimping on the education part. The staff are so nice and always willing to help.

Anna

It is a good, student-oriented school. The professors are knowledgeable and usually always available to help. The small class sizes are nice because students really get to know each other and the professors that are in their intended major. Professors also usually keep good office hours.

Summer

Dalton State College has a bunch of potentials to be a better school. If the students got involved with campus activities and volunteered we'd be on the level of a big university. It's very easy to make friends and everyone shoes great hospitality, that's a plus for attending the school. As well as academics the teachers are very easy to access and they act like they actually care and not like they are just there to get paid. They want their students to succeed.

Dalton State is a very good college with small class sizes,available professors, and free tutors. One can easily get help for anything that one is having trouble with. They even have a food pantry in which students who are struggling can get free food from. Overall Dalton State is a college that will give out a lending hand to anyone.

It’s very helpful for people who wants to make their dreams true.

Dalton State is a local college that is close to home. It has nice buildings, but if your a newbie like me you can get confused. I like that they offer the classes I need to get me to where I want to be in life without having to move halfway around the world. I can't wait for the opportunity to be a DSC Roadrunner!

Johnny

Dalton State is a good college. It provides many things for the students on/off campus and in the classroom as well. Dalton State also has good professors that are very personal and always willing to help. They also have an amazing staff and very kind people that reside there.

denisse

While it's not the most prestigious or challenging school, Dalton State is a nice way to start off a college career. The classes just aren't challenging enough. It seems as if you attend class then get on with your life. There aren't enough things to do to really have a college experience.

Indee

Dalton is a very nice school. I have not been there long but from the many tours, visits, and all day orientation I have found that I feel at home at dalton. The staff there as well as the residents and other students seem fairly nice as well. Overall I can not wait to start my college experience at dalton state.