Danville, IL
Danville Area Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Danville Area Community College

Christine

It’s a great local college. It’s a more Economic choice with the tutiton being far less than any state university in the area. The professors are usually very nice and try to help you succeed. There are always plenty of events going on be it the theatre, art clubs, or athletics.

Kari

Danville Area Community College is a great value for the quality of learning available there. Professors make themselves very accessible after class as well as during office hours. There are also a lot of services for students with disabilities, low income, veterans, etc. The classes are small and the tuition is affordable. I highly recommend this college.

Mary

I believe Danville Area Community College is the first school I've been to that felt like a second home. I love the views on campus and I'm allowed to stay long until night to work on essays and other school work that I wouldn't normally be able to do at home. The staff is friendly and is always looking out for the students. The teachers always make an effort to assist the students to the best of their abilities and try to provide the most in a certain subject. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a nice campus to affordably further their education, especially high school seniors looking to have a place to prepare them for a four-year institution.

Alex

It's affordable, close-knit classes but you have to walk or drive sometimes, but you really have to be on top of everything from checking your email to making sure you check up on your guidance counselor every now and then. DACC is very diverse and offers a good Nursing Program

Randie

I love it there. I have met a ton of nice people and the teachers are relatable. There's young and old and everything in between. It's amazing. There's so many different cultures and they allow the local high schoolers to be bused over every day to take college classes. I thought that was a special rare thing. I love being there.

Hector

It is a wonderful place, filled with nice, caring teachers and students. It has air conditioner for the hot times and heat for when it gets cold. Dacc offers a lot of scholarships and it's a community college, so it's cheaper than big named colleges, and I would say it's more fun than said big name colleges.

Morgan

They are very friendly. They communicate well and do not make anyone feel inferior or lefrt out.

I would tell my high school senior self to study harder and dont worry about leaving home youll be fine and be able to make new friends. I would also tell my self to apply for more scholorships, since we all know collge is expensive. I let myself know it is not hard making friends and college is not all about the parties there are other activites to keep yourself entertained, and to have fun and not to stress out.

That it is small and quiet. It has good teachers and falculty. We have many places to sit and hang out or study around campus.

Holly

The worst thing at school is only having one food court option.

The worst thing at school is only having one food court option.

The cheap cost for good education and the helpful teachers.

I would have several pieces of advice for myself as a high school senior. First and foremost is to be more independent. College grants you a lot of freedom, and you need to know how to manage that wisely. To be better prepared for the real world, I would tell myself to learn and do more things for myself without the help of my parents. Another piece of advice is to look at multiple colleges and universities. I would tell myself to look at more than just one community college and one four-year college. There are so many options to choose from, so you need to see what is right for you and not limit yourself. Another word of advice is to take more dual-enrollment classes. Taking some college courses in high school prepares you for the tougher coursework without throwing you into it all at once. And lastly, I would tell myself to be more outgoing and experience new things. Join more clubs and make more connections so you’ll have an advantage when you start the next stage of your life. Don’t be scared; be excited for all of the new opportunities awaiting you.

tashe

Your doing a good job, take more math classes and stay at Amundsen. College life is not that hard, remember to write down all due date, although you argue with him alot Mr.Pate is a great teacher. Organization is KEY to your success, do not procrastinate life will stress you out enough--completing classwork before class will drop several of your grades. You know you can do this so get it done right the FIRST time

a person that has any other responsibilities other than school

The worst thing about my school would have to be that there is not very much social life. It is a community college so basically people come down to take their classes and then they leave. There really is not much time to stop and talk to each other. The only time for tha t is when people are waiting in the Union for their next class.

The best thing about my school is definately the faculty. They are always there to help you succeed in their courses. If you have a question, or are just struggling with your homework, they are always there to help. They are always uplifting and encourage you to do the best that you can do. If the whole class is struggling on a topic, they will take time in class to better explain the topic on hand.

If I could go back and tell my high school senior self anything, first off I would start off by saying, "Take a deep breath, it's not as hard as it seems." My senior year leading up to college was so stressful because I was worrying about if it was going to be extremely difficult and no one would be there for me. In actuality, all the professors are their to help you do the best that you can. I would then tell myself, "It's ok if you are unsure of your major, you still have time to think about it and people are there to help you along the way." Signing up for classes was the hardest for me because I didn't really know what I wanted to study. After talking to career services, I believe I am finally on the right track. Lastly, I would tell myself to just have fun and enjoy the ride. You only get to live your college years for a short time. Have fun, don't get to stressed out, and just live everyday like it's your last.

Danville Area Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.