Danville, VA
Danville Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Danville Community College

S'Coy

Danville Community College is amazing. We participate in sports, go to art exhibits, enjoy classroom time with our professors, and have a grand time. Over time, we talk about current events in life and help each other with daily tutoring and grab a bite to eat to enjoy with each other. Danville Community College will always be awesome.

Danville

I love DCC. This is a great place to get your education and make lasting friendships

It’s a great college, but it’s in a high crime city.

It’s a great college, but it’s in a high crime city.

Trinity

It’s a great community college and it’s very easy to get around and the campus is easy to access. My professors are outgoing and make sure we learn. No one gets left behind. They recently opened a cafe on campus. The bookstore is very helpful and nice.

Danville Community College is a good 2- year college. The instructors are generally knowledgeable and engaging. I recommend going here if money is an issue, or you are not ready for a 4- year institution. The college offers core subjects to complete pre-requisite needs at a four year institution, but very little otherwise. If, however you are pursuing a career in IT, nursing, precision machining, or auto repair this is a great school. The nursing and precision machine programs are second to none. If your field of study requires advanced learning and complex papers you may want to look at a different school; however, if you just need a associates or you feel you are already prepared for a four year this is an excellent low cost option.

Cody

My school is a very good place with a great environment. When you step on campus you get the feel of a unviersity with all the resources that DCC has to offer. The staff is great, and the personal bond they share with each student makes you feel more comfortable about attending DCC.

My school is best known for its affordability and opportunity. When many people think of going to college they think of a fur year university, but DCC is an option in my area that gives you the same opportunity as a 4 year school. With transfer programs and so many classes to choose from you can complete your first 2 years at the community college and go to a 4 year school as a junior with saving alot of money.

If I had to give advice to my high school self I would tell myself to stay discipline and focused because it this is your future at hand. High school and College are two different worlds with the same concept, helping you with your future. In high school you can slack off and the teachers will be on your back about turning in assignments, however college is totally different. The professor in your college class may not even know your name with some classes ranging in the hundreds of students. College cost so when you do not turn in an assignment it’s only hurting yourself and your wallet. The professor is not going to constantly ask where your assignments are. You got to start learning how to wake up on your on and make it to class because no one else is responsible. Take the time while you in high school to start preparing for your future and what you want to do, because when you’re in college if you want to change your profession be prepared to pay.

Joel

Knowing what I know now as a part-time college student, I would advise myself as a high school senior to pay attention to the details. The college application process involves a lot of little details, which can easily be missed. School applications, private and public scholarships and grants, and even auditions and portfolios for music and journalism applicants: these all come tagged with an especially important detail to remember... the deadline. Keeping track of deadlines translates into college success. Ignoring deadlines harms your chances of receiving financial aid and getting into preferred schools. An ignored deadline can delay the prospect of attending college as early as you had hoped. The best course of action to avoid missed deadlines is to apply early, as early as possible. Applying to colleges early makes you stand out from the crowd, in contrast to those who wait until the last minute to apply. Also, applying early for financial aid improves your chances of receiving helpful monetary assistance. The whole college application process boils down to remembering the little details. The most important detail a college-bound student needs to remember is the deadline.

Christian students committed to influencing American culture should attend Patrick Henry College in Purcellville, Virginia. Students at Patrick Henry receive instruction and training that allows them to make a positive impact on society. The individual that hopes to further the faith of Jesus Christ: he or she should attend the college. Hard work and dedication become necessary as the course work at Patrick Henry gets tougher with each semester. Only students who are prepared to deal with rigorous learning demands should attend Patrick Henry College.

A person who does not have a personal dedication to Jesus Christ should not attend Patrick Henry College. The unique environment of the school demands faith and unity in growth and education. People who do not believe in Christ would not benefit from the school's educational environment. In addition, students who are not intellectually prepared for difficult course work should not attend Patrick Henry. The school makes clear that it desires students who will have initiative, not only in college, but also in society after graduation. No students who are complacent in academic pursuits should come to the school.

Wanda

What I have gotten out of my college experience is that you can go back to college no matter what your age is. I am a 51 year old grandmother trying to finish my bacholor degree. I have approximately 8 classes left to finish. It is valauable to attend college because knowledge is power. A college education can open so many more doors and can teach you the things you need to be a successful and productive member of society, even at my age.

Everything about this school is excellent. I love it. Thank you.

I have nothing bad to say about my school. Everyon at Strayer University in chesterfield County has been very helpful. I especially love the on-line classes because they are convenient for me. Thank you.

Marisol

I have gotten a lot out of my college and one of those is the ability to obtain an Associates Degree in Applied Science and that has encourage me to now go back to school and obtain my Bachelors degree. Great college and amazing teachers!

Blake

I am attending Patrick Henry College, located in Purcellville, VA. The first challenge the college experience has afforded me is at the intellectual level. Though this should be expected, I think the impact my institution has had on me may be richer than the average student. A genuine hunger to learn and be taught makes each class an adventure and each assignment a delight. The second challenge is at the personal level. During high school, my education was always in my parent's hands. However, now that I am in college I have been placed in a situation where I must grow up and take responsibility for my own education. I have become independent and grown out of the childish fear of change and the teenage fear of my own inabilities. The third and finale challenge is at the social level. I was a rather timid, anti-social chap growing up; being forced into an environment where I put on a social face every day has greatly strengthened my skills in making friends and preparing me for the real world, with its many colors and ideas.

If I must narrow the many and diverse positive features of my current school to one, it must be the rigorous and in-depth curriculum to which my institution subscribes. Though I always had a healthy intellectual curiosity, I never woke up each morning excited to go to class and learn something new. My college makes the learning experience exciting and adventurous. I am blown away at every class.

The worst thing about my school is the cost of attending. Because it refuses government funds, and depends greatly on the donations of charitable admirers, the bill ultimately shows up on my desk. My parents can't afford to assist me, so I'm on my own. I'm working part-time on campus, and full-time off-campus. I'd sooner spend time visiting with my family or writing my book, but as it is, life is tough and so am I.

Danville Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.