Hanover, NH
Dartmouth College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dartmouth College

Evan

Smart and under pressure to succeed without selling out.

Smart and under pressure to succeed without selling out.

I think I would have rather gone into an honors program at a much larger school so I would get more special attention and stand out academically more, as well as having the oppurtunity to meet a wider variety of people.

The other interesting students that you meet.

Rebecca

Everyone really brings something to the mix because we're all from such different backgrounds but we really want to learn.

I would tell myself not to get too caught up in the college social life the first semester. I would also remind myself that the school that i was going to is incredibly competitive and not to get discouraged by having a hard time with the academics at first. Also to not take such hard classes in the very beginning. I would say that it's okay to not know exactly what I want to do and that even if things don't work out exactly how I planned, they would work out in another ways that was still amazing.

Everyone is so smart sometimes I feel like I get lost in the mix.

Jake

I would say don't worry about what your friends think, dont worry about what your teammates or coaches think... what school will put you in the best position 10 years from now? If you know you are doing the right thing for your future, you will be much happier right now! This confidence will allow you to make the most out of your undergraduate experience

How everyone that goes there is so different... but they all have one thing in common. They chose to get a great education, and not just a great name on a diploma. This goes a longer way than you would think in uniting the campus in one big social scene.

The long, hard, cold winters. They start early and end late. If you can deal with that, it is the best undergraduate experience in America (best teaching, its a fact). If you can get used to frats...

Korey

My classmates are brillant and diverse.

My classmates are brillant and diverse.

Go to the best college that you get in. When you get to college, no matter what college it is, nor what kind of high school you come from, work really really hard and get good grades.

The best thing about my school is the future it leaves you open to.

Clark

My classmates are fun guys who like to play sports and go out at night.

My classmates are fun guys who like to play sports and go out at night.

I would tell myself to take more AP tests. It is useful to have credits coming in to college. I would also tell myself to try to be as outgoing as possible during the first couple of months at college. This is the best way to meet as many people as possible and make it easier to realize who are good friends. It also let's one learn about his/herself and what one likes in people.

The worst thing about Dartmouth is that courses are only offered at one time in a given term and not at all some terms. This make is hard to take all of the classes one wants.

zawadi

Classmates at Dartmouth College are focused; when it comes time to play hard, they do it just as hard as they work.

The amount of effort the hosting students put into showing me around the school when I came to visit, and honestly sharing about the school made all the difference.

Take advantage of ALL opportunities offered to you, especially the 5 free visits to schools of your interest. Do not be scared to ask ANY question about the schools you are looking at. This willl be your life for the next 4 years, and you need to be as prepared as possible. Practice time management!!!! Prioritize!!!! There will ALWAYS be something going on on campus and no matter how much of a social butterfly you try to be there is no way you can catch it all, so do you what you need to do, because later on there will always be time for fun. Don't ever doubt yourself. Sounds cliche, but it is really true. Believe in yourself and it will make the transition process a lot smoother.

Reba

Definitely visit the school before you decide to attend. Make sure you feel comfortable where you are because you will be spending the next four years of your life on that campus and you don't want to be unhappy. Also make sure you are open-minded and never take anything someone else may say about you too seriously. Also be happy where you are, college is about getting your education but also make a few good relations with your fellow classmates; it could help you in the future.

The financial aid provided is inadequate to support many students to attend this school. I believe that when I graduate I will definitely be in debt, but the education is of the highest quality.

Open-minded students are best suited for Dartmouth. People who had a true determination to succeed in life and make the best out of their situation.

Abhishek

I'm the last heir from a very distinguished family from India. I like posting thoughts on the World Wide Web. My interests include Culinary Arts, Economics, Movies, and Christianity. Dartmouth College was a good fit for me. The school is neo-classical and gives people like me an opportunity to question aspirations. My college major was Cognitive Science which is interdisciplinary (Math, Psychology, Computer Science, Neurobiology). If I won the lottery, I would donate a sum to Dartmouth College, because I am grateful for the education gained, the friendship memories, and the interest in American politics and life I acquired. Dartmouth College is a small school with a personal community that thrives on intellectual curiosity and service. Its student party scene is thrilling if managed properly. The campus itself is very scenic (and the food is great).

Most of the students are wealthy Caucasians, but the Asian and African communities have formed thriving, close-knit communities.

The school is smart and sexy. It's been mentioned in movies like "Wag the Dog" (1997) and "Last of the Mohicans" (1992). If you like literature or politics, this school is for you. Dartmouth College is, along with Princeton University, the best undergraduate experience in the world.

The stereotype is accurate. The problem is that the campus is isolated so wealthy students find it a place to vent frustrations by drinking alcohol. If punishments became too severe, students may turn to harder narcotics. The only solution is to foster inter-fraternity joint-student activities like multi-house parties/festivals.

The English, Psychology, Economics, Anthropology, and Education departments are very good. The professors are happy to work with students personally rather than distribute authority to graduate students and teaching assistants. The class sizes are small, making this advantageous.

The Fraternity scene is huge. The social scene is dominated by it. Student Activities are almost completely overshadowed by the Fraternities, though there is some modest gain in (somewhat related branches) sports, school newspapers, and music groups.

Dartmouth College students drink too much alcohol.

Chiara

The search for a college and the application process is one of the most grueling and draining processes of your high school career. It is important to remember throughout that finding a college works out for everyone! Whether you think so or not, there IS a light at the end of the tunnel! While you are trying to find a college remember that the biggest mistake you can make is to try to make yourself fit into what you think is the college of your dreams. You really should aim to find a college that fits you and will give you the best opportunities to learn about yourself and to make yourself a more educated person. If you don't know what you want to study or what you want to be when you get out of college that's ok! Most college students don't know what they want to do either and college is the perfect opportunity to figure it out. The person that goes in will and should be a completely different person that comes out. Have fun. After all, it is YOUR education. YOU earned it!

Laura

It's really outdoorsy and the people are very chill.

It's really outdoorsy and the people are very chill.

I ended up at a college that I initially did not even think of looking at, and I absolutely love it. I remember stepping onto the campus during my junior year of high school, and it just felt right. This discovery openned up doors for me, and helped me realize that I needed to look at the sum of the school to make a choice, rather than just the parts. I don't think I would have made the right choice for me without that visit. So, if it is financially viable, visit some schools. It doesn't even have to be the schools that you plan to apply to. Getting out there and looking at different campuses will help you understand more about yourself, and what you want in a college. But most of all, if you get the chance, look at colleges that you initially write off your list; if nothing else, looking at that college will confirm your intuition, but it may also be a great choice for you (which was my scenario). There are many colleges out there that will be perfect for you, and it may just take some digging to find them.

Dartmouth College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.