Dartmouth College

« See more reviews of Dartmouth College

I think that Dartmouth as a whole is a generally accepting place and there are no major racial or other issues. There are definitely wealthy people that go here but because most people just wear extremely casual clothes to class, wealth is not made extremely obvious. I think that Dartmouth is a pretty liberal campus like most colleges. There are some students who do talk about how much they are going to earn, but i would say that is a small number of people.

My classmates are passionate, compassionate, focused, engaged, deeply thoughtful, musical, dynamic, talented in a huge variety of ways - three of my best friends are a music/computer science major, a classics/physical chemistry major, and a studio art/pre-med major, respectively - considerate, active, entertaining, and altogether a group of people I feel lucky to have met and feel glad will be part of the generation that shapes the way the world develops next.

There is a strong Christian community here. There is a small but strong queer community here. Both sort of feel out of place here, but make it work. There is some, but not a great amount of racial diversity. The kids who really click here want to be I-bankers or lawyers or doctors and go Greek. Other identities, I think, but I'm not sure because I'm white and prob ignorant, don't matter as much as choosing something that fits that class identity.

Dartmouth students are from all over, but there are a lot from the Northeast (New England, NYC). Students wear a variety of things to class- usually jeans and hoodies, especially in winter, when warmth is more important than fashion. Towards late spring/early fall people make more of an effort to dress cute. Athletes make up a large proportion of the student body.

Most people are friendly. Everybody is beautiful. The people really are accepting of all backgrounds, and although here and there you will find self-segregation and racism...where do you NOT find it??? Dartmouth is a helpful place and a nice place to find something for you.

There is a bit of everything here at Dartmouth. All races, ethnicities, socio-economic, geographic backgrounds are represented here, usually in your immediate group of friends too. The student body is very accepting, and finding one's social niche is pretty easy.

Like I already said, this is a dynamic group of people who are smart, fun, outgoing, and energetic. People here are incredibly kind and enthusiastic about life... It's kind of like it's own little paradise situated in between Boston and Montreal.

My classmates are fun, supportive, laid back but extremely smart, focused and athletic. They might appear to be laid back and granola, but in reality they are an accomplished and brilliant lot. They are attending an Ivy school for a reason.

Diverse in perspective. Excellent. It's a vibrant campus that is made vibrant by the student body. People actually love Dartmouth. You don't just go here because you have to you go here because you like to.

Depsite rumors, I think the student body is incredibly diverse. To me this means more than just ethnicity. Everyone I met came from different backgrounds and had incredible life experiences to share.