Dartmouth College

« See more reviews of Dartmouth College

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

One stereotype is that Dartmouth is a fraternity-dominated, beer-drinking party school, mainly due to the movie Animal House. Another is that it is a conservative old boy network that is still an uncomfortable place for women and minorites. A third stereotype is that it is like other Ivy League schools, in that students there are very smart and very stuck up.

1. That all Dartmouth students are alcoholics 2. That Dartmouth is a "safety Ivy" with no academic standards 3. That there's nothing at all to do here 4. That the school is very conservative and close-minded 5. That you won't be able to find a good job since few people know what Dartmouth is

Dartmouth is definitely a unique experience. And the vast majority of Dartmouth loves it here, a lot. The school is not for everyone though - for instance, people who love shopping and fashion tend to feel the isolation a lot more than the outdoorsy kids.

Dartmouth is absolutely the greatest college in the entire universe. I transferred here from UCLA and am SO glad I did. Coming to Dartmouth is the best decision I've ever made.

We drink a lot, we're Greek, we are focused on going to law, business or med school and we have an old boy conservative element but also some strong liberal voices.

Probably the biggest stereotype is that Dartmouth students are constantly binge drinking and hanging out in frat basements.

That everyone is super laid back and it is the most laid back ivy school. People are normal and like to have a good time.

Dartmouth students are stereotypically viewed as one of two polar extremes: crunchy recluses or elitist binge-drinkers.

There is the stereotype that Dartmouth is a huge party school and, of course, there is the ivy league stereotype.

The biggest stereotype is that all Dartmouth students drink heavily all the time.