Davidson College Top Questions

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

21 D1 sports here. Basketball is like our trademark sport, if you're not a fan you'll become one. No athlete dorms so we're all together, athletes here aren't as much of an exclusive group here though 26 percent of us are athletes

Denton

A full 25{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of Davidson students participate in Division 1 sports. If you include the full range of sports, from club to intramural to pickup games of ultimate frisbee, it's easier to find someone who plays a sport than someone who doesn't. In fact, I can't think of a single friend of mine who doesn't exercise in some way. The most prominent and popular sport on campus is of course Men's Basketball. With NBA star Steph Curry hailing for Davidson, we've had great recruiting seasons and high attendance. Free tickets to every sporting event on campus and prizes for attending never hurt either! Student-Athletes don't get any special breaks in admissions or academics-- you'll see Steph tweet about studying near finals. That being said, teachers are more than willing to work with athletes about extensions and office hours. They understand that you have a game in Idaho this weekend and you won't be able to start the paper until 8pm Sunday and couldn't you please just have an extra day? Athletes are also integrated on campus. There aren't any special dorms for athletes. This is great! I room across from football players this year, and basketball players last year. It means you're friends with the team, and that gives everyone that extra incentive to support the team at games. Everyone supports each other.

Adrian

With three seconds left on the clock and Davidson up by three, the Mountaineers make one last attempt to tie the game, but fail. Davidson wins the game.

Adrian

Stephen Curry makes his shots and as usual, the crows goes wild.

Adrian

The Davidson fans continue to show their spirit as the clock winds down and the Wildcats get their defense going.

Adrian

The crowd goes wild after Stephen Curry sinks a three-pointer.

Adrian

Davidson fans go wild as the team gets fouled in a dunk.

Adrian

The Wildcats are perfect. Here, the guys get a turnaround.

Adrian

The Wildcats spring into action, making their shots.

Adrian

Davidson fans filled the Garden for the game against the West Virginia Mountaineers.

The annoucement of the Homecoming Court for fall 2008

The cheerleading team at Davidson!