Davidson College Top Questions

Jonathan

The most frustrating thing about Davidson is probably the lack of recognition it receives outside of its region. Despite the fact that it attracts and graduates top-caliber students, most people haven't really heard of it; the super-hard grading and relatively low GPAs don't help either as employers don't realize that a 3.2 at Davidson is impressive and a 3.5 is godly. Davidson is good for getting into prestigious graduate programs, since it's recognized in the academic community, but less so for landing an actual job.

The pressure to do well is definitely extremely frustrating. It is common practice here to deflate grades, which teaches the students a lot about how to sutdy and how to truely understand material, but can be frustrating when looking at a GPA. This is an amazing school, just make sure you are prepared to sacrifice some of your social life for your academics.

Julia

I only wish the academic climate was a little more stress free. Classes are hard with lots of work, which has its pluses and minuses.

Molly

The most frustrating thing is not being able to do everything. Since the school is so academically challenging, students are forced to make choices in the activites they can participate in.