Thomasville, NC
Davidson County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Davidson County Community College

Brianna

I love going to Davidson County Community College. I have been apart of Davidson County Community College's school since the Fall of 2015. I did early college through my high school which ultimately allowed me to receive my Certificate of Nurse Aid in the Spring of 2016. I took a year of Nursing prerequisites and I begin my first semester of nursing school this August of 2017. I am beyond excited to be apart of Davidson County Community College's Associate Degree of Nursing Program. I was accepted into other Associate Degree of Nursing Programs in North Carolina, however I heard such great things about Davidson County Community College's Nursing Program which led me to the decision of accepting my position and continuing my education through this school!

Karen

I am very lucky to have such a great community college just 5 minutes away from my home. I truly feel that this college is guiding me in the right direction. From the professors to advisors to the tutors in the learning commons, everyone is always willing to help students out no matter what the situation!

Sha

Davidson County Community College is a great place to be the professors are always available to help and there are plenty of tutoring so you could get help in your classes. Also there are plenty of clubs and events going on campus.

Sierra

Davidson County Community College is pretty good as far as community colleges go. There are available resources all around campus for students who need things such as advising, tutoring, and help studying. They host a few events during the school year to encourage students to have fun, as well as, advertising different clubs and activities. There is not a whole lot to do off-campus do to the location of the school. The cafeteria always has food during their regular business hours, but there is not a whole lot of vegetarian options. Work-study jobs are available to students to apply for them. We have places to relax and to study. Teachers are usually prompt about answering questions and helping students succeed. Overall, I have enjoyed my time here.

Michaela

I think that DCCC is an amazing school where the teachers work hard to make sure students are happy and healthy. They really focus on the success of the student, and provide a number of services free to the students to help them navigate college life. DCCC is incredibly culturally diverse, with a lot of leadership opportunities.

Trish

The Community College is a pretty great place to start your college experience at. The teachers are friendly, the students are well-behaved, the classes are a good size, and the food tastes good too. The classrooms are generally easy to find if you have some time to explore the halls and understand how to read the schedule.

haley

Great school, wonderful professors, always a positive environment.

Great school, wonderful professors, always a positive environment.

pamela

Knowing what I know now: I would have focused entirely on my education. I would not have let anything stand in my way of gaining all the education that I could possibly get. College is fun, exciting and very rewarding. My life could have been so different if I had just focused on education first, and then fun/family. College is success, three little words that I wish someone had said to me when I was a senior in high school. My parents never once pushed college or even the idea of it, due to not being able to afford it. I have traveled the long way around, but have gained ground by going back to college. I have one degree as an LPN, I need to return to finish my nursing education and need this money to help me gain it. Thank you for your consideration!

There isn't anyone that shouldn't attend this school. This school is inviting, and welcoming of all ages, and backgrounds.

The most frustrating thing that I personally came across was the parking. Never enough parking space, had to wait for classes to be done to be able to park and attend my classes.

Christen

DCCC was a small campus with teachers that knew the best way to teach students. If I could I would have continued my study there, but I had no choice except to transfer to a 4 year university. DCCC helped me by a having a nice learning environment and the school made me feel safe. The instructors and the staff helped me in the best way that they could to have me be a successful student.

In high school, every senior wanted to be noticed as a senior, not as a junior or freshman. I decided that I would be noticed and I didn't take high school so seriously, so my grades were good, but not as good as they should have been. I look back now and I shake my head as I think of how stupid and prideful I was. If there was a chance to go back in time I would tell myself to take the SAT seriously and make a better grade. I didn't make high enough on my SATs to get into UNC-Greensboro, which was really my dream school. I would also tell myself to choose to go to a 4 year university, because I would not have enough money to live on my own (which I realized in my first semester of college). I wasn't thinking about my future, I was about to marry a boy when I turned 18 and start my life early. I was kicked out of my parents house when I was 17 and I thought that life and college would be easy. I'm starting over at a 4 year university.

There was really nothing wrong with the school. The construction of the main road and highway was a little stressful and it caused a lot of issues for parking and time for the students. Other than that, the school has a nice environment and it was the best school that I have been to.

Davidson County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.