Davidson County Community College

« See more reviews of Davidson County Community College

In high school, every senior wanted to be noticed as a senior, not as a junior or freshman. I decided that I would be noticed and I didn't take high school so seriously, so my grades were good, but not as good as they should have been. I look back now and I shake my head as I think of how stupid and prideful I was. If there was a chance to go back in time I would tell myself to take the SAT seriously and make a better grade. I didn't make high enough on my SATs to get into UNC-Greensboro, which was really my dream school. I would also tell myself to choose to go to a 4 year university, because I would not have enough money to live on my own (which I realized in my first semester of college). I wasn't thinking about my future, I was about to marry a boy when I turned 18 and start my life early. I was kicked out of my parents house when I was 17 and I thought that life and college would be easy. I'm starting over at a 4 year university.

Knowing what I know now: I would have focused entirely on my education. I would not have let anything stand in my way of gaining all the education that I could possibly get. College is fun, exciting and very rewarding. My life could have been so different if I had just focused on education first, and then fun/family. College is success, three little words that I wish someone had said to me when I was a senior in high school. My parents never once pushed college or even the idea of it, due to not being able to afford it. I have traveled the long way around, but have gained ground by going back to college. I have one degree as an LPN, I need to return to finish my nursing education and need this money to help me gain it. Thank you for your consideration!

Go to a 4year college.