Elkins, WV
Davis & Elkins College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Davis & Elkins College

Savannah

I love this school. In all honesty, it wasn't even on my list for colleges when I was looking. A friend asked me to come check it out because she was extremely happy here. I can say D&E is great! The professors are there for us. I"m not just a number. If I have a problem, it gets fixed. It's a cute little area with lots of out doors things to do!

Allison

I loved the school and it was the perfect school for me. There were always things going on in town or on campus. It is a great school for athletes because it is D2 and it still has small class sizes. My biggest class was about 30 people and my smallest was 2.

Alexis

My opinion on Davis & Elkins College is it is an amazing, friendly and beautiful campus. What I have seen so far is a very friendly admissions, students and professors. The campus is historic and beautiful. I cannot wait to be apart of a family at Davis & Elkins next fall.

The Academics provided, at least for the major I am apart of, is great. The athletic teams/facilities could use some improvements. There also isn’t much to do of campus in the town. The WiFi is not the best and the campus food has gotten a little better.

Gabrielle

I love the campus, and the area is beautiful. The town below is a bit shady, but the college is safe. It is important that you don't mind walking, since the area is very hilly. The food is good, but if you ever don't want food from the cafeteria, the Caddy's grill and shop below is always a great option!

Sydnie

Davis & Elkins College has a very clean and safe campus, however, some of the dorms are out dated and slightly dirty. By out dated I mean, no central air, no elevators so handicapped individuals could not access the building, and other things of that nature. In terms of the dorms being dirty, the cleaning staff falls behind often on keeping the bathrooms clean and sharing a bathroom with 24 other girls is not going to stay clean for a long period of time. Otherwise, the staff is amazing, the professors are constantly available and helpful, and because the classes and campus are small, you are recognized as a person and not a number.

britteny

very hard working and fundamental. hard working on the aspect of learning but fundamental on the aspect for the staff and faculty making their best and well known effort to make sure we learn what we need for the real world, not only make sure were having fun!

Sara

I think the main advice I would give myself is not to sweat the small things. It may seem like everything is happening so fast but if you just watch the world going on around you you will never fully experience anything. Don't worry what other people think about you and just be yourself. It may seem like the whole world is against you but if you just smile and keep pushing your way through things and everything will come through in the end.

I think one of the worst things I could see about my school is we have a slight clique problem. It just seems while everyone talks to one another, they also don't want to leave their comfort zone at times.

Christina

It has small class sizes and isn't far from home. The faculty and staff are extremely nice and very helpful.

I've learned what it takes to be in college, that it's important to show up to class, do your work, and make friends. The first semester can be a little hard, but it gets easier after you learn where everything is and make more friends. I didn't realize how much work it was going to be and how much time you actually spent there including doing your homework. I think it was worth it because I've learned so much and also grown as a person. It's also important to make friends, it makes class a lot more enjoyable and helps to form study groups.

Someone who isn't serious about college. It's important to do your work and attend class. Also someone who is lazy, you have to do a lot of walking!

Davis & Elkins College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.