Elkins, WV
Davis & Elkins College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Davis & Elkins College

Alexis

My opinion on Davis & Elkins College is it is an amazing, friendly and beautiful campus. What I have seen so far is a very friendly admissions, students and professors. The campus is historic and beautiful. I cannot wait to be apart of a family at Davis & Elkins next fall.

The Academics provided, at least for the major I am apart of, is great. The athletic teams/facilities could use some improvements. There also isn’t much to do of campus in the town. The WiFi is not the best and the campus food has gotten a little better.

Gabrielle

I love the campus, and the area is beautiful. The town below is a bit shady, but the college is safe. It is important that you don't mind walking, since the area is very hilly. The food is good, but if you ever don't want food from the cafeteria, the Caddy's grill and shop below is always a great option!

Sydnie

Davis & Elkins College has a very clean and safe campus, however, some of the dorms are out dated and slightly dirty. By out dated I mean, no central air, no elevators so handicapped individuals could not access the building, and other things of that nature. In terms of the dorms being dirty, the cleaning staff falls behind often on keeping the bathrooms clean and sharing a bathroom with 24 other girls is not going to stay clean for a long period of time. Otherwise, the staff is amazing, the professors are constantly available and helpful, and because the classes and campus are small, you are recognized as a person and not a number.

britteny

very hard working and fundamental. hard working on the aspect of learning but fundamental on the aspect for the staff and faculty making their best and well known effort to make sure we learn what we need for the real world, not only make sure were having fun!

Sara

I think the main advice I would give myself is not to sweat the small things. It may seem like everything is happening so fast but if you just watch the world going on around you you will never fully experience anything. Don't worry what other people think about you and just be yourself. It may seem like the whole world is against you but if you just smile and keep pushing your way through things and everything will come through in the end.

I think one of the worst things I could see about my school is we have a slight clique problem. It just seems while everyone talks to one another, they also don't want to leave their comfort zone at times.

Christina

It has small class sizes and isn't far from home. The faculty and staff are extremely nice and very helpful.

I've learned what it takes to be in college, that it's important to show up to class, do your work, and make friends. The first semester can be a little hard, but it gets easier after you learn where everything is and make more friends. I didn't realize how much work it was going to be and how much time you actually spent there including doing your homework. I think it was worth it because I've learned so much and also grown as a person. It's also important to make friends, it makes class a lot more enjoyable and helps to form study groups.

Someone who isn't serious about college. It's important to do your work and attend class. Also someone who is lazy, you have to do a lot of walking!

Angela

My college experience has allowed me to discover more about myself. I now know that Davis and Elkins College is not the right school for me. I can go on with this information and make a more educated decision on where to attend school, and the type of atmosphere I am comfortable in. Personally,I am a college athlete and maybe have experienced a different path than others. I knew that the change from my Queens, New York home to Elkins, West Virginia would be a big leap. I decided to take that chance unregrettably. The lessons I have learned about life, people, chances, and the importance of doing what makes you happy are invaluable. I have decided not to return to Davis and Elkins College next year, despite the immense disappointment of many to throw away my scholarship, and secure position. My life has led me in a direction that is different from perhaps all of my fellow highschool graduates, but not worse. The decision I made to attend this school will shape the rest of my life as I continue next year on the quest to become a West Virginia resident.

I think the best thing about Davis and Elkins College is the ability to personally know many authority figures. You have the opportunity to be a big fish in a little sea. If you take the right steps, some important connections could be made. Many alumni from Davis and Elkins are successful and praise this school often. Events are held where these alumni attend, and give back to the school. Students should take advantage of having these successful alumni around to learn from their experiences and expand their network of people.

The kind of person that should attend Davis and Elkins College is one that is looking for a small school, with a family like atmosphere. He should like small class sizes, and favor the ability to personally know many people on campus. Someone that likes to be involved with campus activites and clubs, has many opportunities to follow through with those desires. If someone is overwhelmed by large cities, then this small town would be a comfortable fit. Also, the atmosphere allows for many nature adventures to take place and unique classes to be offered.

Zachary

If I could go back and visit myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that everythign you need to do in life you can't regret, but you have to follow your passion because it's what will make you happiest and feel the greatest to you. don't go spend a yaer and a half learnign about somehtign for the money, you'll hate yourself before you make it very far. What you love, even if you worked at something else for so long will be the greatest feelign you've come across and you'll never want anyhtign different again.

I wish I had known the atmosphere would be so great and the learning so entertaining to me. compared to the school I used to attend it is much better.

Davis & Elkins College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.