Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Daytona State College

Melody

Not to take college light hearted. Your education is an essential for the work place. Maybe to persue college as a single women instead of tring to be in a committed relationship. You need to devote time to school and really have no need for a relationship. It will all come in due time but, this is the time to focus on you and your future!!!!

The parking. There is never a place to park you really have to get to class extremly early to get a parking spot and even then you are not guarnteed one.

The teachers seem like they are their for their paycheck and not really concerned about the students education.

Shaila

My school is an growing, proffessional, organized institution.

My school is an growing, proffessional, organized institution.

If I could go back in time as a Senior and give myself advise, I would have considered a lot of the wisdom I have now. I would have gave advice on how to complete fafsa information and why it is important, applied myself to more scholarships to avoid taking out loans, advise on dual enrollment programs, and how to manage my schedule accordingly. I feel that it is important to know all the information that you can obtain as a student to qualify for the financial aid that is available to you. In the long run it helps the students from taking out loans that are not needed. The most important advise that I would have gave myself is about the dual enrollment program. It would have benifited me educationally and financially. I would have gained a head start in completing some college courses that I ended up taking later. I do realize now that I am older and with working at a University that Highschool Seniors and Freshman in college needs as much information as possible with an understanding. The advice I listed above are the main sectors of advice that I would have givin myself.

Trying to get my financial aid situated, but overall I am satisfied with my Campus.

Suzanna

I wish I had known that applying for scholarships and grants and loans was this easy before I started school, instead of playign catch up now because I have no money.

Most people miss high school to some degree when they go to college. The social aspect, Homecoming festivities, being a part of some kind of club, seeing friends on a daily basis, having a structured routine, whatever the case may be, it seems that most of us go through of phase of missing some part of high school. However, alot of us go through a somewhat different phase of regreting something in highschool, whether it be not participating in school activities or clubs, not finding their niche, or not feeling that they did their best. There's so much I didn't do in highschool. I went to one football game in all four years, didn't really come out of my shell or become confident until AFTER senior year and graduation, and spent alot of time alone. But I think what I regret most, is not taking full advantage of the free education I was provided, and not doing my best to actually learn and absorb 4 years worth of information.. If I had the chance to tell myself anything as a senior, it would be to strive harder, stay motivated & take advantage of every opportunity offered to me.

The most frustrating thing about Daytona State is that most everyone assumes that because you are attending a community college, you are either stupid or poor, or both.

Aladdin

Procrastination is the root of all evil. With paperwork, homework, registration, just everything. If you find yourself considering the possibility of putting off work of some sort to...I don't know, party, or go on Facebook, don't do it. Balance and moderation are key. But procrastination will get you stressed and falling farther and farther behind. It'll be easier on you, and reflect better with your teachers and future employers if you keep the procrastination to a minimum.

The water fountains taste strongly of chlorine at times.

The dificulty in getting in to see the heads of departments in the main offices. Sometimes, there are lines, and sometimes you have to be a little more agressive as a large number of the assistants and secretaries are work study students.

Kimble

I attend the Palm Coast Campus of Daytona State College, formerly known as Daytona Beach Community School. The area consists of only two buildings. I appreciate the atmosphere of personal attention from faculty and fellow students. The campus setting presents a calming effect with its trees throughout the landscaping and the few ponds that provide the peaceful sounds flowing water and cool breezes rustling the plants and flowers around the pond. It's a cozy campus.

Have you lost your mind? Are you seriously considering moving out of your family home and throwing away your scholarship opportunities simply because your father married a woman that is making your life miserable? You need to hang in there and in a few months you will have graduated from high school with honors and then you will be off to college. Do you realize the importance of a college education and how it can help neutralize many of the economic situations those without a college degree will face? Are you prepared for the difficulty you will face if you decide to re-enter school after thirty years? What about the children you will have? Can you apply the necessary attention to classes while changing diapers and helping with school science projects? What about marriage? How do you put together a puzzle of marriage, children, work and school without adding stress to your life? Should you decide to take the road less traveled, you will see the difference in your life. However, should you choose marriage and children first, remember, you can still obtain a college education.

I wish I would have had a better understanding of the ins and outs, as well as the dos and dont's of financial aid. A college curriculum is imposing in and of itself. The added stress that comes with not knowing what's available and the hoops one must jump through for financial aid does not contribute to a healthy study program. It seems the departments are separate and the left hand never knows what the right hand is doing and it is left up to the student to make the two shake hands.

Vanessa

I would start with today. Scholorships are overlooked while in high school. I would suggest delving into scholorship programs along with college discussions. There are great prgrams out there that can assist a high school student; perhaps it can act as an incentive as well. If a student is aware of "free money" to help with college tuition, I feel that he or she will be inclined to strive for college.

I attend Keiser University (Daytona Beach) but it was not a selection.

Shannon

There is a very wonderful and true saying that hindsight is 20/20. Looking back over both my high school career and my college experiences it is amazing to see the road blocks I have overcome and the determination and desire to learn I have developed. If I were to go back in time, I would not warn myself of coming trouble or give myself winning lottery numbers, I would simply state, "you are stronger then you know". Given the choice I would go through all the hardships and trouble ten times more because without those experiences I would not be where I am today. Now not only do I have a wonderful daughter, but I have more drive to learn and succeed than ever before.

Although most students would not consider college courses being too easy a strike against their school I do. I love attending college not only because it is another chapter in my life, but because it can challenge me both in life and academically. On my journey through college I have learned so much, but I feel I could have grown even more if the classes required a little more effort. Maybe I am crazy for wanting harder courses, but I believe the only way a person can grow is through challenging their beliefs!

This school is more for those in a transition to their careers. It is a wonderful school for someone to receive their Associates Degree, or major in education, but anything beyond that cannot be found in this school. Daytona State College just recently changed from a community college so they are still a developing school. A person whose dream is to become a lawyer or doctor, or anything of the sort would not be happy here.

Casey

I wish i would have taken the time and talked to a counselor and really tried to figure out where I wanted to head with my future plans such as programs i would be interested in and classes I needed to get out of the way. Finally years later when I am really trying to finish up my classes I talked to someone and they were very helpful.

You remember when you parents used to push you in grade school to "try your hardest" and "do your best", because education is the most important thing you will ever have. I personally used to just let those words go in one ear and out the other. After graduating high school and taking that first baby step to registering for classes in college, I thought it was going to be a breeze! No one was marking attendence and calling your parents if you skipped class, you didn't have teachers watching your every move. Well I wish I could go back to high school and tell myself that if you just buckle down, forget about the freedom, the friends and the fun of college life, for just a short time, you will be able to experience that stuff after you finish college (and you will actually have the money to do so!) But NO! I am here, 22 years old, still taking classes, when I could have been done by now. I now know what to tell my daughter when she makes that hard transition.

Daytona State College is really intended for anyone. It offers so many different programs and is growing day to day. With all the new degrees and programs they keep adding it really opens up the school for anybody looking for any type of career.

Alexandria

What is most unique about Dayona State College is that the instructors are willing to dedicate there time to you in a small classroom setting. The classes offered at DSC are always small. I have never been in a class with more than thirty people,which is about the size of a high school class. Not only do you recieve more individual attention at D.S.C., but there are computer labs available for intermediate math and english classes. This provides some extra help students that are in need.

I, personally would go back and tell myself to wait on getting married and having a child. You have plenty of time for that. I love my family,but unfortunetally I feel like I am missing out on the whole "college experience." Sometimes you can get caught up in being a senior. It's the last step you take before you enter the real world, and it's freightening. I graduated in 2007, and have been attending Daytona State Collge since. I will have my associates degree by next December. From there I will be continuing on to get my bachelor's degree in education. It's taken a little bit more time, and it's hard to sit back and realize that my friends are going to be graduating next year. If I could go back and tell myself that,then maybe I'd wait until I finish school to start a family, and then the over all transition woulb be alot smoother.

One of the best thing about Daytona State College is the over all college community. There is a variety of different clubs and organizations to join, and they are inspired by the students. Students are allowed to express themselves by designing there own clubs or organizations. Bulletin board postings are all over the school; not only to sponser clubs, but there are posts for student housing and jobs for students that are either on our off campus. The sky is the limit at D.S.C.

I would tell myself to not worry as much, college is a great experience. I would also tell myself that my first year will be the best due to the fact I will be involved in alot of clubs such as Psychology club, Humanities Club, and President of Campus Crusade for Christ. My second and final year at DSC will be the hardest since I will be taking harder classes, and all my friends have already transfered to other Universities, but I will still learn alot and won't regret any minute of it.

DSC is career focused and designed to help students get degrees and careers quickly.

I think anyone and everyone should attend DSC, it has something for everybody.

Daytona State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.