Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Daytona State College

natasha

Daytona State College is a very large, afordable, and comfortable community colllege which is ideal for students unsure on their intended careeras or for students wanting that "at home" feeling.

If I could go back in time and tell my highschool senior self a few things about college life now that i've expierienced, this is what i would say. Dear Natasha Bradley, girl please graduated and immediately go off to college. Do not wait or take a break or you will not have that passion to attend like you had when you first completed high school. The information you learn in high school will be fresh in your brain and you will not have to take pointless prepertory classes to reawaken your brain. You will be more prepared for college because you and your friends would have visted schools and completed all the neccissary paperwork needed to enroll and recieve financial aid. You will feel more comfortable being at school with friends of yours, that are in your same age group instead complete strangers younger (freshman classes) then you. So please Natasha i beg of you, Don't procrastinate PLEASE go directly too college.

Someone with no self motivation or intent to go to school. This school is large and there's no one holding your hand making you attend so you have to want to better yourself, for yourself.

Laura

Knowing what I know now about college life, if I could go back to my senior class self, I would tell me to stay where I'm at. I duel-enrolled my senior year, and then changed to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University for my college, and that was a mess. I was not quite ready for that tough of a courseload or that dedicated or advanced of a school. I would tell myself to stay at DBCC (now Daytona State) and finish the AS I started, and then decide where to go. Finish all the prequisites at an affordable community college. Knowing where my life ended up, I can't say that I'd change a thing. I'm a little behind schedule, but I wouldn't change my life now for anything, which tells me that I truly can't change my past. So, I'm not a rocket scientist. I can't pass physics. I paid far too much for a school I was in no way prepared for to tell me that, and I wouldn't trade the experiences for anything. I'm back in school, and my life is where it's supposed to be.

Anyone can attend, I've never been witness to any kind of seperatists or racism. There are easier or harder classes for any level, and it's a great starting point for a college career, and they now offer a BA program.

Tyler

My classmates are greatly interested in their future and are willing to do everything they can to succeed.

I believe that even if i was given a chance to talk to myself I would only be telling myself what everyone else was telling me at that time. For the things that I could only tell myself would simply ruin the expeirence of the transition into college life. Therefore I would leave myself be to enjoy and take in the experience all on my own.

The campus closer to where I live uses Florida Online for the majority of their courses so there is little to no face time with the professor.

Chelsea

Because our school is located in such a close proximity to a racetrack that receives many visitors a year, we are able to interact with many individuals from other states. Although some see the added traffic as a severe disadvantage, others use the increase in diverse populations as a means of developing contacts in other locations. As students, we can use these opportunities to find work when the school?s resources are ineffective.

If any advice could be given to my younger self, I would recommend that I invest more time searching for funding. I set aside very little time my Senior year of high school toward looking into ways to help pay for my schooling. I received financial aid, but was still surprised to discover the large quantity that I was responsible to provide. My education is worth an infinite amount of money because knowledge truly is power, but I would have enjoyed my college experience more if less of that money were to have come from my own pocket. If additional time investments had been made to find this money, I could have spent less time working my freshman and sophomore years and dedicated all of my time towards focusing solely on my classes. I would also advise myself to increase the number of classes per semester. Unfortunately, I made the very unwise decision of only enrolling part-time, in fear that college classes would be too difficult for me. Once that fear was gone, I could see that I was capable of so much more. I wish I could give my former self the boost of self-confidence and hope.

The most aggravating thing about my college is the difficulty one has when trying to park their vehicle. On most occasions, students are forced to arrive up to an hour before their class begins to ensure he or she will find parking accommodations. If more lots were incorporated onto our campus, it would eliminate the tardiness of many students, thus reducing the interruptions form straggling students that distract those attempting to concentrate on the subject materials.

Ana

Teacher make it easy for a student to learn at this school.

Teacher make it easy for a student to learn at this school.

If I could go back in time when I was a senior in high school, I would tell myself to stay in college and no matter how hard it gets to keep going. There is never a easy way out. Getting married with a person who had his own business dosen't mean he will be in business his whole life. A person needs to get educated to run a good lasting business here in the United States. If you don't have a strong fundation it will later fall. Having a good education is very important and when you attend a community college with good professors it is even easier to finish a degree.

It is close to where I live and is not expensive to attend.

Courtney

If I were given the chance to go back in time and tell myself, as a high school senior, about college life and making the transition, I would deffinately do so. I would let myself know that college life isn't as hard as it sounds and the transition would be easier if I enrolled imediately. I would explain that taking time off isn't as appealng as it sounds and that getting back on track is hard. I would inform myself where the economy is headed and how important it is to go to college right after high school. I would let myself know that college isn't that much different from highscool, exept your classes are spread out so that you have time to yourself in-between. I would say how stimulating college is and how it helps build character. I believe going back in time to let myself know about college life and the transition would open my eyes, relieve stress and make a difference by keeping me on track.

Jeffry

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would advise myself to take my time. I would also advise myself to not take all the easy classes first, mix and match the moderate course with the harder courses. I would also advise myself to start planning for scholarships earlier. And, probably the greatest piece of advise that I would provide to myself would be not to procrastinate, and take a whole lot of notes.

I would consider the professors to be the best thing about my school. I think that the professors are the best thing at my school because they are the ones imparting knowledge into us (the students). Molding, shaping and creating the future leaders of tomorrow, professors and instructors alike want the best from every student. I appreciate them for wanting to educate. Me realizing that professors, instructors, teachers, and any educator whether inside or outside of the home are not paid enough but are willing to make sacrifices on our generations behalf.

I would consider the professors to be the worst thing about my school. I think that the professors are the worst thing at my school because they are usually too analytical or too overbearing, always willing and ready to hand out the next assignment to each student. I always try to advise the instructors that what we have already learned in class is quite enough and they should let it marinate.

Melody

Not to take college light hearted. Your education is an essential for the work place. Maybe to persue college as a single women instead of tring to be in a committed relationship. You need to devote time to school and really have no need for a relationship. It will all come in due time but, this is the time to focus on you and your future!!!!

The parking. There is never a place to park you really have to get to class extremly early to get a parking spot and even then you are not guarnteed one.

The teachers seem like they are their for their paycheck and not really concerned about the students education.

Shaila

My school is an growing, proffessional, organized institution.

My school is an growing, proffessional, organized institution.

If I could go back in time as a Senior and give myself advise, I would have considered a lot of the wisdom I have now. I would have gave advice on how to complete fafsa information and why it is important, applied myself to more scholarships to avoid taking out loans, advise on dual enrollment programs, and how to manage my schedule accordingly. I feel that it is important to know all the information that you can obtain as a student to qualify for the financial aid that is available to you. In the long run it helps the students from taking out loans that are not needed. The most important advise that I would have gave myself is about the dual enrollment program. It would have benifited me educationally and financially. I would have gained a head start in completing some college courses that I ended up taking later. I do realize now that I am older and with working at a University that Highschool Seniors and Freshman in college needs as much information as possible with an understanding. The advice I listed above are the main sectors of advice that I would have givin myself.

Trying to get my financial aid situated, but overall I am satisfied with my Campus.

Suzanna

Most people miss high school to some degree when they go to college. The social aspect, Homecoming festivities, being a part of some kind of club, seeing friends on a daily basis, having a structured routine, whatever the case may be, it seems that most of us go through of phase of missing some part of high school. However, alot of us go through a somewhat different phase of regreting something in highschool, whether it be not participating in school activities or clubs, not finding their niche, or not feeling that they did their best. There's so much I didn't do in highschool. I went to one football game in all four years, didn't really come out of my shell or become confident until AFTER senior year and graduation, and spent alot of time alone. But I think what I regret most, is not taking full advantage of the free education I was provided, and not doing my best to actually learn and absorb 4 years worth of information.. If I had the chance to tell myself anything as a senior, it would be to strive harder, stay motivated & take advantage of every opportunity offered to me.

I wish I had known that applying for scholarships and grants and loans was this easy before I started school, instead of playign catch up now because I have no money.

The most frustrating thing about Daytona State is that most everyone assumes that because you are attending a community college, you are either stupid or poor, or both.

Daytona State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.