Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Daytona State College

Alexandria

What is most unique about Dayona State College is that the instructors are willing to dedicate there time to you in a small classroom setting. The classes offered at DSC are always small. I have never been in a class with more than thirty people,which is about the size of a high school class. Not only do you recieve more individual attention at D.S.C., but there are computer labs available for intermediate math and english classes. This provides some extra help students that are in need.

I, personally would go back and tell myself to wait on getting married and having a child. You have plenty of time for that. I love my family,but unfortunetally I feel like I am missing out on the whole "college experience." Sometimes you can get caught up in being a senior. It's the last step you take before you enter the real world, and it's freightening. I graduated in 2007, and have been attending Daytona State Collge since. I will have my associates degree by next December. From there I will be continuing on to get my bachelor's degree in education. It's taken a little bit more time, and it's hard to sit back and realize that my friends are going to be graduating next year. If I could go back and tell myself that,then maybe I'd wait until I finish school to start a family, and then the over all transition woulb be alot smoother.

One of the best thing about Daytona State College is the over all college community. There is a variety of different clubs and organizations to join, and they are inspired by the students. Students are allowed to express themselves by designing there own clubs or organizations. Bulletin board postings are all over the school; not only to sponser clubs, but there are posts for student housing and jobs for students that are either on our off campus. The sky is the limit at D.S.C.

DSC is career focused and designed to help students get degrees and careers quickly.

I would tell myself to not worry as much, college is a great experience. I would also tell myself that my first year will be the best due to the fact I will be involved in alot of clubs such as Psychology club, Humanities Club, and President of Campus Crusade for Christ. My second and final year at DSC will be the hardest since I will be taking harder classes, and all my friends have already transfered to other Universities, but I will still learn alot and won't regret any minute of it.

I think anyone and everyone should attend DSC, it has something for everybody.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college life the advice I would give myself would be to stop being so shy and join more clubs and participate in more activites. Now that I am more confident in myself, I try to participate in as many school activities as I can, and I am not as shy as I used to be I feel like a completly different person than I was as a senior in highschool at a new school and new town which makes me feel good. If i could just change this one thing about myself I believe that I would be better off and the transition would have been a lot smoother than it was my freshman year of college.

The best thing about my school is that the classes are small so there is alot of one on one help from the teachers and tutors if you need it. You can always go to your teacher during office hours to speak with them about what it is you are struggling with and they have the time to sit down with you and explain everything and make it much easier for you to understand so that you will be able to succeed in their classes. I find this very helpful because I dont feel ignored.

The type of person that shouldnt attend Daytona is someone who is not lookin to succeed in anything. The teachers here offer the help so you can do good and pursue your dreams. Grades are not given by just showing up everyday and sitting in class you have to apply yourself and do work which will ultimatly help you in classes as well as move foward as you persue your career of choice.

Mildred

First and foremost, high school is important, it is truly the stepping stone towards college or a more sophisticated university. It's hard to believe now, but completing homework assignments, typing research papers, even attendance in school is vital towards training your mind to excel in these areas. All your hard work in high school may now seem difficult to attain and probably not worth all the hassle, but it does definitely prove to be worthwhile. Achieving excellent grades can surely prepare you for the college life in many ways. For instance, if you learn to display responsibility in your attendance when attending high school, you will not have a problem in this area when attending college. Also, when accomplishing great or excellent scores, this achievement and dedication will most likely transcend into your college educational experience. Therefore, all your hard work and determination in high school will more than assist you in preparing yourself for greater success with your college life. Lastly, don't take your high school experience for granted. Your continuous perseverance in remaining focused and learning as much as possible may make all the difference in how smoothly making the transition to college life will be.

The very best quality that my school has to offer is the flexibilty of the courses being offered. The professors are also very well organized in their assignment. I am proud to be a student at UCF, majoring in Elementary Education. This is only my second semester at UCF, but I"m sure my future courses will also teach me and prepare me for my lifel-long career as an Elementary Educaton Teacher. The administrative staff has also been very helpful and attentive from the very semester I initially enrolled. I sincerely do appreciate all the support. Thanks again.

There really isn't anything I am oppose to, not that has come to my attention for the past first two semesters enrolled at UCF. I'm actually satisifed with all assistance that the UCF adminstrative staff and faculty has demonstrated. Thanks again for a wonderful first twos emesters. I am confident that there will many more fulfilling semesters ahead.

JAMES

The thing that makes Daytona State College unique is the fact that it IS near the beach. Most of the schools I considered where in the suburbs or in the middle of a city with no ocean nearby.

If I could go back in time as a High School Senior I would do things so much different. I would PREPARE for my future; look into all career options and take the relaxed time to make a GOOD decision rather than a quick decision. I would take the money I made at my after school job and save it to apply toward tuition instead of taking out loans and putting myself into debt. Although I did care about my grades I did not understand how GREAT and beneficial it would of been to take College Credits in high school. Also, if I were in high school I would not have taken for granite the time I had to relax with a worry free life. Now I have bills and student loans. If I could go back to my high school years and plan ahead...my life would be great now. Instead, I am stressing and praying to God that I can afford my tuition...

The worst thing about my school is the Financial Aid Department, and some of the employees that work there. All of us who have to go into the financial aid office are holding our breath that financial aid can be received, or that we can get SOME type of assistance, yet the staff in that office (some of them) are very rude, and have a tendency to make us students feel really bad. Whatever happened to smiling in the students face, and praising them for making good decisions such as going to college?

Gwendolyn

Hi Gwendolyn, First of all I need you to know that I care about you and the road you are headed down. I know that you were abused as a child and you are headed down the road of being out of control for the neglect that you have bared. But listen, there is a better tomorrow, there is a future awaiting you if you will give it a try. Come and check out the college life, talk to a counselor and I guarantee you that your life will take you to having that Art studio, or being a social worker. Your heart is amazing and even throughout all of the hurt you have encountered you can make it. I will not let you fail, I will not let you go down this path of despair and hurt. You will be successful, you will have a wonderful life so that one day you can be a blessing to others. And, isn't that what you really want to do? Come, give college a chance and get your mind off being wild and carefree and put all that energy that you have towards a career , s o let me help you?

When I first stepped on campus, I was immediately welcomed by the staff and students as I walked down the hallways, not knowing which way to go. There was plenty of help available and more than enough tutoring if I ever needed it. The professionalism of my teachers pushed me to want to learn more, not to give up and at the age of 54, I never felt out of place as I kept up with the students and was proud to make friends that will last for a lifetime.

This school is open to all who have a desire to better themselves, no matter what race you are, or what country you come from, there is no discretion whatsoever for anyone who chooses to attend this college.

Matthew

If I could go back to old me and speak to myself as a senior in high school I would say, "Study for the SAT's and focus on your GPA more." In high school I had a good amount of friends and a decent GPA of about a 3.0. Had I know that increasing my SAT scores and getting higher would have qualified me for more scholarships and opened up more colleges I would have really tried harder in high school. Before you graduate the pressure is on to say good-bye to old friends and teachers to go into "The Real World" in reality we live in the real world and it shouldn't be used as something to scare us. During our teenage years we are emotional and highly influenced by small things, so the normal pressures made me just want to get through senior and graduate. The biggest misconception in high school was college was a big and different new world. It can be fun and exciting and new but if it was told to as just another year it would have made things easier. Just starting over like middle to high school.

I wish I knew that the academic advising was easily accessible to me at each campus. Having information available for the public as well as potential and current students is a plus if it reaches us. If we are enrolling or looking to enroll at a college then we have made the decision to obtain knowledge in most cases of any kind that is available to us. With the age of technology it is easier than ever to get information. Let us know we looking for the information and with all the stresses making it easy to find helps.

Kristen

There are smaller classes so you get more direct teaching. The price is less than "comparable" schools but you learn the same things.

I would tell myself to always work my hardest and not to let things stress me out so much. At a couple points during my college career, I have let myself become overwhelmed and discouraged. The whole time, I was able to acomplish so many things but I let my worries get in the way and distract me. I am at a point now that I wish I would have worked just a little bit harder and been more consistant so that I would have the success that I am achieving now.

Mallory

If I could go back to my high school senor year, I would be more involved and I would have had a plan for college and I would have asked for help when I needed it. I would have done the Dual Enrollment program and attend free classes at the college and have most of my AA done, for free. It would have been a lot less stressful that way. I encourage all of the youth I meet to do so, college is a beautiful thing, I wish I realized that then. When all is said and done, I regret not trying harder and doing what I could have done then.

I wish I knew that going to college isn?t all fun and games, just because I go to school where I grew up didn?t make it any easier to focus. I also learned not to procrastinate, if you fall behind, pick yourself up as fast as you can.

The most frustrating thing about Daytona State College is the lack of communication between all of the staff and the professors, it?s hard to talk and ask for help if nobody knows what you?re talking about. They send you from person to person because they don?t know what the answers are.

Katelyn

I would tell myself to work hard and put everything into making sure I got scholarships, grants, financial aid, etc. for college. I would also tell myself how important it is to do this. In high school I wasn't very aware of this and that caused me to sit out a year before I start college. I just wish I could have gone back to high school and knocked some sense into myself.

Daytona State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.