Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Daytona State College

Steven

Local College catering to the working person wanting to earn their degree.

Local College catering to the working person wanting to earn their degree.

Affordable classes, easy access campus locations, and a large offering of classes.

Learning will be fun! As you grow up you will understand the importance of your education. Earn your degree now so you can excell later in life. No you will never need to know every aspect of algebra, but you do need to learn how to learn - that is why you are learning algebra! Stop fighting the system and become an important part of it, you do matter! Relationships, jobs, and your fantastic looks will change - sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. Never spend a day of your life upset because of something you can not control, you will forget these issues. Always look for the best in people and situations, laugh as often as you can, and remember that life is short. When you become older, have fantastic memories to reflect upon and desires to motivate you. Always have a dog in your life and know that you will out live each one of them, it is part of living. Drive a car that makes you happy and proud! Only eat things that are wonderful! Have fun, it is your life, good luck!

Heather

The only thing that I would change is making myself dual enroll because it helps advance your goals in a faster manner. I might even be a little further ahead right now if I would have done this. So far, it seems just as though you are in high school but treated as an adult, which makes the environment much nicer.

Unfortunately, our school has a deficit in parking areas. The first couple weeks of school are actually the worst. It is extremely hard to find a parking area, which in turn makes you late for classes.

There is no certain "person" that should attend this school. As a matter of fact, I've met all different types of people and it makes our school fun and diverse.

Cassandra

When I was a high school senior I was faced with the issue of having to work to provide for myself. I wanted nothing more than to go to college. I would of told myself to start right away, instead of having to wait a year. I would tell myself to at the very least take one class. I would tell myself to get my counselors to work harder in trying to get me financial aid. I think the hardest part about college is trying to pay for it. I would advise the senior me that the studying for each class needs to be well planed out and that you will have to devote a lot of time to it. I would let myself know to pace myself and to mix in the harder classes with the electives. I would also tell myself that college life is great and that I should not worry so much because the school will be very helpful in whatever I need.

I love the fact that DSC is advancing and trying to become a University. I love how they work together with the University of Central Florida to help students further their education. They staff is always very helpful and they make it easy to get any information you need.

Anthony

it has more local students that seek an even higher education

it has more local students that seek an even higher education

get a job eairly save money and don't slack in class

the best thing about my school is the low cost of tuition and the small class sizes so the teachers can work one on one with you so you may get a better grasp on corse matierial

Cynthia

I would tell myself not to fear anything but fear itself. College life is not as difficult as it may appear. I have learned that if I am dedicated and work hard for something, I can achieve anything. It has definately been different from high school, but making friends and teaming up with them helps to figure things out as a team. I am truly enjoying my college experience, and will cherish these memories forever.

The worst thing about my school is the administrative staff. The people working in the offices are not friendly and not very helpful. This goes for just about every office; from the financial aid office to the academic support centers. I understand that these workers must have a demanding job, especially dealing with multiple students a day. However, if they do not like their jobs, then they should do something about it. That is why I am in school -- to enjoy what I do and have a great attitude doing it.

The most frustrating thing about my school is driving to class and not finding a parking space. There is not enough parking at the Palm Coast campus. Many students have to park on the grass wherever they can find a spot and nothing is being done about it. Additionally, there is a long and narrow wooded walkway from one building to the other which I think is very unsafe to walk through, especially at night. The school should clear out some of the trees and make it appear more open.

My classmates in my music classes are friendly.

My classmates in my music classes are friendly.

I would have told myself to really look into musical theatre programs, especially outside of Florida. I know now that just because out of state schools are expensive does not mean I can't attend one. In my case, it is very beneficial to get out of Florida to pursue my BFA in Musical Theatre. If I had known more about what colleges are the best for musical theatre, I would have been able to go to a great school when I first started college but without that knowledge I have had to go to a school that isn't so great for musical theatre and am now looking into new schools so I can get the education I deserve.

The music department is probably the most developed part of the college.

Julie

My school offers a culturally diverse, quality education with very manageable schedules for busy lives.

The most important thing I would tell myself, and I would scream it out loud Continue Your Education. Opportunities for better jobs and promotions are limited for high school graduates. Possibilities are endless with a college education. College graduates gain information and skills that you'll use for the rest of your life, no matter what career you chose.

As a mother of four who is returning to school after many years I would say that any kind of person should attend this college. If you are looking for a college with a diverse student body and a campus near the most famous beach in the world, Daytona State College is for you.

Heather

Everyone that I have had in my classes are very mature and friendly, in which we are all in college to learn, better ourselves, and meet new people.

I actually would have convinced myself to do some duel enrollment. This would have helped me complete my AA degree sooner and move on to bigger things. I would have also told myself to enjoy my last high school year a little more instead of rushing out of it.

The most frustrating thing at my school is the parking situations. The beginning of the semesters is when it is at it's worst. It does get better as the year progrsses, but there seems to never be enough spaces, which can be challenging at times.

Dana

My school is a poor example of a state school.

My school is a poor example of a state school.

I would give myself the advice to apply for every scholarship that is out there, and try my best at getting government financial assistance. College costs are expensive and education is power. I would tell myself to work hard to get my college paid for, and to explore my dual enrollement options. I would also tell myself to take my last year of high school serious because the decisions that I make now will affect me more than I know later on. It is crucial to explore my post- high school educational options to ensure a positive future. I would also tell myself to look around and realize that high school life is not as important as I think, and that the reality shock of college expenses is a shocker. I would advise myself to seriously buckel down and tackle my grades, drown friends and teacher out, and to make going to college a important priority to get squared away while I have every opportunity at my feet. During senior year of high school, opportunities are available for students that they are unaware of and how extremely important it is to jump on and take advantage of while they can.

I am able to get an education for cheaper than them.

Daytona State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.