Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Daytona State College

Moriah

It's a great school, though it's limited in what it can offer for certain degrees.

I'm not sure, probably GSA or Student Honor Society.

Everyone is so friendly!

The teachers know what they're talking about and help as much as they can.

Garrett

I would say don’t do it. Don’t run in the first race of the year injured. Running in that meet caused me to fracture 10 bones in my foot .The the damage goes much further than the physical. Little did I know that my over-eager attitude would lead to my downfall? That Injury caused me to spiral out of control and led to virtually every mistake I have made. If I could have avoided the injury I could have avoided everything else. I ended up getting hooked on drugs, used women and got kicked out of my house. When I finally met the love of my love she left me because of my mental state. It caused me to lose everything. The 2 years since then I've still been struggling to regain my foothold and fix the mess I caused. Getting back into school and paying for it is the last step. I have made my amends, kicked the habits and reconciled. Now it’s time I get back on the track, stay healthy make good grades and mentor those around me from making the same mistakes I did. I am ready to do good.

My classmates like to be approached first, but if you do they will be great friends.

Lizzy, what is the matter with you. You need to stay focus and study hard. I know it is all strange and scary, but don't let anybody get in you way. Keep your head up and rember that God is always going to be there for you. Oh, and don't worry about losing wieght you are beautiful at one hundred and twenty-five and at one hundred and eighty.

Justin

My fellow classmates are all very determined and career focused individuals with the goal to succeed in life.

If I could go back and tell my high school senior self about college, I would tell myself that college is an ongoing challenge. I would tell myself about how hard it is to learn the material and test well on it. I would also advice myself to read the text books ahead of time so I could have a better understanding what the class and lectures are about beforehand. However, the best piece of advice I would tell myself is to work ahead and never procrastinate on anything. Once you fall behind it’s hard to get out of the route without making yourself sick staying up so late. The hardest thing to prepare my former self is to tell him that hanging out with friends is much different than it is in high school. I would say, seeing your friends is not an everyday event. It is actually a treat and privilege to find time to socialize with your good friends. The last piece of advice I would give myself, is to work hard in everything that you do and never get discourage from a failure. And finally try not to stress. It’s a waste of time.

The best thing about Daytona State College is their location and tuition cost. With the combination of having to drive less and lower cost tuition I am able to stay in the black with my finances. The location is also amazing right in the middle of the world's most famous beach Daytona Beach. It is close to food, historic sites, the beach, and much more. Their location is very easy to get to without getting lost or taking back roads.

My classmates are very nice, but sometimes keeps to themselves.

My classmates are very nice, but sometimes keeps to themselves.

If I could go back in time, I would have applied to more scholarships in order to receive more of stability. I would have also saved up more money so I didn't have to work as much as I do now. It's hard working a full time job and going to school full time as well. Another important piece of advice I would have given myself was to intern and shadow more people that had jobs that interested me. This would have given me more of an understanding of what I really want to do for my future career so I could have been 100% focused on that. :)

The best thing about my school is the small class sizes. It gives the students more one on one attention.

My classmates at Daytona State College are just like me, trying to get a good education, open-minded, creative, and very helpful.

Daytona State College is known for having very flexible classes so that anyone can earn an Associates Degree, Certificate, or Bachelors Degree.

I know there is the saying of never saying never but if I could go back to being my youthful and lively high school self , I would tell myself never, "never stop being full of life, never give up, and never stop following your dreams. I know it sounds cliché but it is the truth and this advice will take you far. It is 2014 and I love my life the way it is but if I had this advice I would be further along in my process of being successful. First, never stop being full of life, vibrant, positive, and fun to the people you know and the people you will meet. Second, when going through the application process and test taking for college it might be strenuous but study hard and never give up. Last, If there is something you dream of doing please follow your dream and never think it can't be accomplished. Never say you can't do something because you can accomplish anything you put your heart, mind, and soul into.”

Robert

If I could go back and talk to my high school self I would convenience myself to try harder. I finally discovered in my last year of high school the importance of a good GPA. I would tell my 9th grade, 10th grade and 11th grade self to focus on my future more. High school years are the easier years. I had a learning disability in elementary school and middle school. Before I left middle school I had overcome that disability. Instead of trying HARD to continue improving I slacked off and just passed. Live and learn – a hard lesson.

Daytona Beach Community College (State College) is small enough to give some individual attention if you prefer not to be in a large auditorium setting. However it is large enough to have a great curriculum. There are several campuses, but the main campus – in Daytona Beach, Florida is in a great area. There is a hospital in walking area, also the naval clinic is nearby. Someone getting in the medical field would make a perfect fit. Daytona Beach is known world wide for it’s beaches, Daytona 500 and many more things. DSC would be a great fit for many.

This school is a versatile school. We have students who are just out of high school, older students who put off college for a few years, and students in high school and taking college courses. So we have all ages, several nationalities, gay and lesbian. DSC has a variety of choices for your degree. There is the medical field and the nearby hospital is a great intern opportunity. You have a wide range of choices like photography, music and modern languages to mention a few. This college offer any course you may want and has a great reputation.

Angela

I truly wish I could go back in time and talk to myself in high school. Honestly, I wish I could go back to a high school freshman. There are so many opportunities out there for scholarships that I could have gotten if I had applied myself in high school. I would tell myself not to skip class, study, and do my assignments. I would tell myself that college is not like high school, and there are no second chances. Once you lose your financial aid, all costs come out of your pocket. I would tell myself to focus now, because the choices you make right now will affect your future more than you can possibly imagine. I would tell myself that because of those choices, I am now struggling to make ends meet, and pay for my classes. I would tell myself to imagine what it's like to work full-time, be 21 years old, and not even be half-way done with your degree. I would ask myself, how does that make your feel? This is now my reality - I would tell myself that life is not a game.

The best thing would be the convenience. I live close by, they offer several online courses, and night classes so I can work and still go to school.

The faculty in financial aid and other departments. They are often unknowledgable, not friendly, and the wait time is FOREVER.

Daytona State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.