Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Daytona State College

angelene

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Daytona State College. When I moved to Flagler County in 2010 DSC was the closest local college to my residence. I decided to check it out and see about furthering my education with a Bachelors Degree in Business. i meet with the director in the Business program and knew this was the right path for me. the director was friendly, knowledgeable and honest about what to expect throughout the program. My favorite thing about the program was all course books were borrowed from the campus library meaning $0 was spent on course books! I strongly recommend considering DSC to friends and family looking to continue their education. In fact, after my graduation I convinced my father to continue his education and obtain a bachelors in Engineering with DSC.

Daytona state wasn't the college I expected it to be. When attending Daytona state it can feel like a ghost town because there nothing really to do. That's why I am very excited to transfer to FAMU my dream college. FAMU is the college that I feel I would fit in the most and they have so many activities that its amazing.

Noemi

I LOVE IT, the class size, the assistance provided and everything on campus from extra curricular activities to academics. The professors are willing to help with everything. It is such a fun filled environment that makes going to school feel like home.

Justin

Daytona state college has enabled me to do a lo of things. Dealing with fin. aid can be frustrating and take a while but in class I have gotten a few professors I feel truly care and are very good at teaching the subjects they teach. Keep in mind college is what you make it, there are plenty of clubs, stay involved.

Frederick

It is a college, not a university. It has no on campus housing, but the classes are accredited and the tuition is dirt-cheap. This is a great starting college because even if you decide that you have pursued the wrong major, the counselors will help and you are down $2,000 instead of $20,000. It has great facilities, all the staff is informed and polite and the overall environment is peaceful which makes it a great place to lean.

Bethany

This school, like any school, is what you make of it. There are great teachers and even better programs. This is a great place to start your academic life and to push you on to greatness. It's a relatively small school, but it has a lot of spirit The thing I really love about Daytona State College is the atmosphere of ambition. The school's main passion is to assist students realize their dreams and chase after them. The faculty realizes that most students are going back to school or are on their way to another school, so they do their best to send them on with as much know-how as possible. The thing about any community college is that there are lots of negative or derogatory remarks made. But, like I first said, any educational experience is what you make of it.

Academics are okay. This is a community college whose student body is made up of people trying to get back into school or trying to get to a different school. But there are several excellent teachers who have a passion for their subject. To get a truly great academic experience look for challenging classes, but if you're looking for easy A's you'll find them.

Moriah

It's a great school, though it's limited in what it can offer for certain degrees.

I'm not sure, probably GSA or Student Honor Society.

Everyone is so friendly!

The teachers know what they're talking about and help as much as they can.

Garrett

I would say don’t do it. Don’t run in the first race of the year injured. Running in that meet caused me to fracture 10 bones in my foot .The the damage goes much further than the physical. Little did I know that my over-eager attitude would lead to my downfall? That Injury caused me to spiral out of control and led to virtually every mistake I have made. If I could have avoided the injury I could have avoided everything else. I ended up getting hooked on drugs, used women and got kicked out of my house. When I finally met the love of my love she left me because of my mental state. It caused me to lose everything. The 2 years since then I've still been struggling to regain my foothold and fix the mess I caused. Getting back into school and paying for it is the last step. I have made my amends, kicked the habits and reconciled. Now it’s time I get back on the track, stay healthy make good grades and mentor those around me from making the same mistakes I did. I am ready to do good.

My classmates like to be approached first, but if you do they will be great friends.

Lizzy, what is the matter with you. You need to stay focus and study hard. I know it is all strange and scary, but don't let anybody get in you way. Keep your head up and rember that God is always going to be there for you. Oh, and don't worry about losing wieght you are beautiful at one hundred and twenty-five and at one hundred and eighty.

Justin

My fellow classmates are all very determined and career focused individuals with the goal to succeed in life.

If I could go back and tell my high school senior self about college, I would tell myself that college is an ongoing challenge. I would tell myself about how hard it is to learn the material and test well on it. I would also advice myself to read the text books ahead of time so I could have a better understanding what the class and lectures are about beforehand. However, the best piece of advice I would tell myself is to work ahead and never procrastinate on anything. Once you fall behind it’s hard to get out of the route without making yourself sick staying up so late. The hardest thing to prepare my former self is to tell him that hanging out with friends is much different than it is in high school. I would say, seeing your friends is not an everyday event. It is actually a treat and privilege to find time to socialize with your good friends. The last piece of advice I would give myself, is to work hard in everything that you do and never get discourage from a failure. And finally try not to stress. It’s a waste of time.

The best thing about Daytona State College is their location and tuition cost. With the combination of having to drive less and lower cost tuition I am able to stay in the black with my finances. The location is also amazing right in the middle of the world's most famous beach Daytona Beach. It is close to food, historic sites, the beach, and much more. Their location is very easy to get to without getting lost or taking back roads.

Daytona State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.