Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Daytona State College

Robert

If I could go back and talk to my high school self I would convenience myself to try harder. I finally discovered in my last year of high school the importance of a good GPA. I would tell my 9th grade, 10th grade and 11th grade self to focus on my future more. High school years are the easier years. I had a learning disability in elementary school and middle school. Before I left middle school I had overcome that disability. Instead of trying HARD to continue improving I slacked off and just passed. Live and learn – a hard lesson.

Daytona Beach Community College (State College) is small enough to give some individual attention if you prefer not to be in a large auditorium setting. However it is large enough to have a great curriculum. There are several campuses, but the main campus – in Daytona Beach, Florida is in a great area. There is a hospital in walking area, also the naval clinic is nearby. Someone getting in the medical field would make a perfect fit. Daytona Beach is known world wide for it’s beaches, Daytona 500 and many more things. DSC would be a great fit for many.

This school is a versatile school. We have students who are just out of high school, older students who put off college for a few years, and students in high school and taking college courses. So we have all ages, several nationalities, gay and lesbian. DSC has a variety of choices for your degree. There is the medical field and the nearby hospital is a great intern opportunity. You have a wide range of choices like photography, music and modern languages to mention a few. This college offer any course you may want and has a great reputation.

Angela

I truly wish I could go back in time and talk to myself in high school. Honestly, I wish I could go back to a high school freshman. There are so many opportunities out there for scholarships that I could have gotten if I had applied myself in high school. I would tell myself not to skip class, study, and do my assignments. I would tell myself that college is not like high school, and there are no second chances. Once you lose your financial aid, all costs come out of your pocket. I would tell myself to focus now, because the choices you make right now will affect your future more than you can possibly imagine. I would tell myself that because of those choices, I am now struggling to make ends meet, and pay for my classes. I would tell myself to imagine what it's like to work full-time, be 21 years old, and not even be half-way done with your degree. I would ask myself, how does that make your feel? This is now my reality - I would tell myself that life is not a game.

The best thing would be the convenience. I live close by, they offer several online courses, and night classes so I can work and still go to school.

The faculty in financial aid and other departments. They are often unknowledgable, not friendly, and the wait time is FOREVER.

Katherine

The science laboratories are well-equipped and clean, the student center is roomy and quiet, and the grounds are pretty and comfortable.

Wait until you're at least 25 years old to attend college. You know you won't study as hard if you attend right after High School, so get the most out of life first, then concentrate on your future. The future will come regardless.

The worst thing about my school (keep in mind I attend the Deland campus ONLY) is the parking.

kevin

I am pursuing an AA degree at Daytona State College (formerly Daytona Beach Community College) and find it very affordable and convenient with a great teaching staff.

A Better Me Sex, drugs, and partying are common problems that throw off many aspiring students upon entering college. Fortunately, that was never my lifestyle. Given the opportunity to travel back in time and enlighten my high school age self, I would tell myself to start developing personal study habits that are effective for me, as these are the roots to the foundation of my future college education. Although high school level curriculum doesn’t always entail strict study habits, continually improving these habits will pave the way to a successful study system in college. If I could go back, I would break it down into concepts that my high school mindset could relate to; high school is somewhat of a practice period, developing yourself until you’re properly prepared for the big game, that being college. I took some shortcuts in high school that, at the time, made things much easier, but ultimately left me unprepared for when it really mattered. If I truly could go back in time, I would continually stress never to take anything for granted, and to take advantage of the preparation period so that I don’t fail the real test.

I have not had any experience with this school that is frustrating.

Deborah

I took a year off after high school, and worked for an attorney. Not having a vehicle to drive the twenty miles to work, I took two city buses to get to my job. I saved up enough money to go to the junior college the next year. I lived on my own, so I needed the money to pay my bills while I went to school and played volleyball. The following semester, I worked locally in order to save money so that I could go back to the junior college in the fall and play volleyball again. I would not have changed what I did, it's the next part that I would have changed. I received a full ride scholarhsip for volleyball to the University of San Diego. I squandered this gift by not taking the academics seriously. I was asked to leave after the year was over. I learned a very hard lesson. When given a gift, use it to the fullest. If given the opportunity today, I would enjoy every moment of that scholarship, and know that with my goal now of becoming a paralegal, I would complete the program. That would show my gratitude!

I like that Daytona State College is now a four year school. I just finished my first semester with seven credit hours, and I did it on-line, so I have not participated in the school experience by being at the school physically. When I have gone up to the school, meeting with the academic advisor, taking the math placement test, getting a picture I.D., I have felt like I belong to the college community. I am 52 years old, and I feel everyone has been very accomodating.

Datona State College is a friendly, clean, and educational enviornment where you truley feel as though every student matters.

Datona State College is a friendly, educational enviorment. During the registration process, I had to visit several offices, ie. Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Advisor, and never did I wait more that 15 minutes to be seen at each of those offices. The staff is helpful and cheerful. I was able to get all my questions answered. In comparison to other colleges that I have had to do the same process with, this school has truely been the best.

If I were a college senior today, I would tell myself that college is the most important task that one must fulfill. It is best to work hard thoughout your high school years so that as a senior, you can choose any college or university that you would like to attend. My advise is that attending a community or state college first is best as it allows you to take all the general education classes that are neccessary for any degree for a lot less money that doing so at a university. Once all those classes have been compleated, then continue on to a higher education insitute. Also, take advantage of all the help that there is out there as far as scholarships, and grants. Help is definately out there, you just have to apply yourself in order to receive it. Most important, be consistant and follow through. The journey seems long from the start but in a blink of an eye, you are at the finish line and your dreams become realty. Good luck.

Since the age of six, I have known I wanted to be an educator and help other children. When I was younger I recall pretending to be a teacher, assuming the role of the leader as I handed out library books to my friends in order to give a "lesson." As I grew older and went into high school my passion for education grew, though like some high school students I occassionally questioned myself and wondered, "Is this field really for me?" If I were able to turn back the clock and visit myself in my high school years I would simply place a hand on my should and reassure myself that education is, infact the right field for me. I would let my past self know of how important her role is eventually going to be and how she will one day have a positive influence on a child's life.

Students who are not goal orientated should not attend Daytona State College. Not only would they be wasting their time and money, but they would also be wasting the time of Professors, advisors, and other employees that work there. While Daytona State College is fun with plenty of activities and groups, this is not a college known for it's sororities or loud parties. Students who are seeking out and craving to celebrate through long hours of the night would not be too pleased if they attend the very casual and comfortable Daytona State.

Wilmaison

If I went back in time with all I know now and had a long chat with myself I would had told said to do it all. On that note, do it all means attend any meeting's such as sports to try-out, club's to get interactive and much more. Slacking off on free time is not as fun as it seems. So taking and doing my all is what i would tell my self. I had higher leaning in high school which was not a choice so everything was set from there on out.

The best thing about Daytona State College is the class size. You get to learn more by asking questions the are answered. If you need time for a one on one section, the professor is waiting and they apply almost everything to the real world.

I wish had known to push myself harder in everything i do. I learned alot from the school but if i did more and had more time it would of been amazing.

The most important thing is to stay focused and know what I want. When something I don't like happens or I see something that should not be happening, I must speak up and voice my concerns and opinions. I would also tell myself not to let every little thing get to me and not get stressed out so easily.

Daytona State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.