Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Daytona State College

Since the age of six, I have known I wanted to be an educator and help other children. When I was younger I recall pretending to be a teacher, assuming the role of the leader as I handed out library books to my friends in order to give a "lesson." As I grew older and went into high school my passion for education grew, though like some high school students I occassionally questioned myself and wondered, "Is this field really for me?" If I were able to turn back the clock and visit myself in my high school years I would simply place a hand on my should and reassure myself that education is, infact the right field for me. I would let my past self know of how important her role is eventually going to be and how she will one day have a positive influence on a child's life.

Students who are not goal orientated should not attend Daytona State College. Not only would they be wasting their time and money, but they would also be wasting the time of Professors, advisors, and other employees that work there. While Daytona State College is fun with plenty of activities and groups, this is not a college known for it's sororities or loud parties. Students who are seeking out and craving to celebrate through long hours of the night would not be too pleased if they attend the very casual and comfortable Daytona State.

Wilmaison

If I went back in time with all I know now and had a long chat with myself I would had told said to do it all. On that note, do it all means attend any meeting's such as sports to try-out, club's to get interactive and much more. Slacking off on free time is not as fun as it seems. So taking and doing my all is what i would tell my self. I had higher leaning in high school which was not a choice so everything was set from there on out.

The best thing about Daytona State College is the class size. You get to learn more by asking questions the are answered. If you need time for a one on one section, the professor is waiting and they apply almost everything to the real world.

I wish had known to push myself harder in everything i do. I learned alot from the school but if i did more and had more time it would of been amazing.

The most important thing is to stay focused and know what I want. When something I don't like happens or I see something that should not be happening, I must speak up and voice my concerns and opinions. I would also tell myself not to let every little thing get to me and not get stressed out so easily.

Caitlyn

My school is a collection of everyone aspiring to make a better life for themselves, whether it be a student straight out of high school or adults looking for a second chance to make their lives as great as possible; there's something to learn from them all.

What I have really gotten out of my college experience is just how easy it is to be social and how acceptable people are with who I am. They are happy to make a new friend, especially if it's someone they can work photography projects with. Before college, I was so incredibly shy, it was practically painful. But when I began college, everyone was the new kid on campus and they valued anyone willing to speak with them. Now into my second semester, I will talk to anyone and everyone. I have made so many friends I know will last. Everyone isn't the same either; it's something I truely value. They are all their own person, liking all whole spectrum of music and fashion and they all have their own ideas on how politics work. It makes for priceless conversations and days out that I will never forget.

People that are only going to college because their parents have the money set aside for them to go should not attend Daytona State. While it doesn't have the workload an ivy league school does, they don't baby their students. If a student doesn't apply themselves, they will never make it in the career world.

Jordan

Attending Daytona State College for my first two years has given me a great start to the education that I need to be a successful elementary teacher. I believe that no matter what, every single person should work towards a great college education because it will be very important for their future. Daytona State College has allowed me to volunteer at local schools to receive the extra experience I will need later down the road, and it has been incredibly helpful. I am extremely excited to get my Associate's Degree in May 2011, and then go to University of Central Florida in Fall 2011 to further my education career.

I wish I had known before attending Daytona State College that it was not much different than attending high school. Seeing as I am in my last semester before I receive my AA, I felt as if I have just completed six years of high school, rather than two years of college.

Daytona Beach Community College is no longer a community college, but a state college. The most frustrating thing about my school is there are not a lot of sports teams, or school spirit like there is at big universities, and I have always wanted to experience that part of college. The students dread going to school because it is just like high school for them. The teachers treat us like we are high-schoolers and I wish they treated us like actual college students even if it is not a bigger university.

Grant

My school is nice, clean and affordable.

My school is nice, clean and affordable.

College benefits many different students in many different ways. The way college benefited me out was by making me a more organized and mature person. Throughout high school, I slacked off and did as little work possible just to make a C in the class. I was told that if i didn't get my act straightened up by college, I would be in trouble. The first day I started my college classes, I was frantic and stressed. I didn't know what to do when the teacher started writing notes in class until I observed everyone else. The good majority of students had their notebooks out writing down exactly what the teacher wrote. I gave in and started writing. Before i knew it, I was writing down every single assignment I had to turn in and every test date. After the semester was over, I was surprised that I received straight A's! I eventually incorporated being organized outside of school and wrote down everything I had to do. Organization overall made me a better person. without college, I would have never learned this valuable life skill nor would I be doing anything special in my life.

I brag to my friends that I am paying half, sometimes even a forth of what they migh be paying for the same exact degree

Sandra

The choices in education. Its the biggest around here.

The choices in education. Its the biggest around here.

I met my best friend here and we are in the same program. It helps to have people you know and trust go through school with you. I like being on campus and feeling like i'm really acheiving a goal.

Sometimes you need a different class and you have to travel to another campus to get it.

I have not yet attended any college as this will be my first semester. My experience with college has been the process of deciding to enroll in school and in doing so. After more then a decade of believing that I would never attend college, a passion for Environmental Justice issues has inspired me to pursue formal education in the subject. This has been one of the most ambitious projects I have ever chosen to undertake. Successful completion of the enrollment process is giving me confidence and determination to thrive in the coming period of higher education.

Mariah

I love attending Moore Norman Technology Center. It has opened up alot of doors for me and it has made me a stronger person and a determined leader! I have learned many things and hope to continue my education further!

Bridget

I have been able to study main different areas with the A.A. degree I am in the process of getting. I decided to stay in Daytona Beach to be closer to my family. I do wish my school was a little more conservative and had more food and study areas on campus. I have had good professors as well as bad. The good teachers have been very encouraging with my career choice. When my college went from a comunity college to state they raised the tuition cost which has made it very hard to keep up with a full time load. I have been at the school for two years and plan on graduating with my A.A. and then continuing on into a B.S. degree in Pre-Clinical science.

The most frustrating thing is the amount of people on finicial aid who do not take there work seriously and never show up for class or do assigned work.

Daytona State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.