Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Daytona State College

Katherine

The science laboratories are well-equipped and clean, the student center is roomy and quiet, and the grounds are pretty and comfortable.

Wait until you're at least 25 years old to attend college. You know you won't study as hard if you attend right after High School, so get the most out of life first, then concentrate on your future. The future will come regardless.

The worst thing about my school (keep in mind I attend the Deland campus ONLY) is the parking.

kevin

I am pursuing an AA degree at Daytona State College (formerly Daytona Beach Community College) and find it very affordable and convenient with a great teaching staff.

A Better Me Sex, drugs, and partying are common problems that throw off many aspiring students upon entering college. Fortunately, that was never my lifestyle. Given the opportunity to travel back in time and enlighten my high school age self, I would tell myself to start developing personal study habits that are effective for me, as these are the roots to the foundation of my future college education. Although high school level curriculum doesn’t always entail strict study habits, continually improving these habits will pave the way to a successful study system in college. If I could go back, I would break it down into concepts that my high school mindset could relate to; high school is somewhat of a practice period, developing yourself until you’re properly prepared for the big game, that being college. I took some shortcuts in high school that, at the time, made things much easier, but ultimately left me unprepared for when it really mattered. If I truly could go back in time, I would continually stress never to take anything for granted, and to take advantage of the preparation period so that I don’t fail the real test.

I have not had any experience with this school that is frustrating.

Deborah

I took a year off after high school, and worked for an attorney. Not having a vehicle to drive the twenty miles to work, I took two city buses to get to my job. I saved up enough money to go to the junior college the next year. I lived on my own, so I needed the money to pay my bills while I went to school and played volleyball. The following semester, I worked locally in order to save money so that I could go back to the junior college in the fall and play volleyball again. I would not have changed what I did, it's the next part that I would have changed. I received a full ride scholarhsip for volleyball to the University of San Diego. I squandered this gift by not taking the academics seriously. I was asked to leave after the year was over. I learned a very hard lesson. When given a gift, use it to the fullest. If given the opportunity today, I would enjoy every moment of that scholarship, and know that with my goal now of becoming a paralegal, I would complete the program. That would show my gratitude!

I like that Daytona State College is now a four year school. I just finished my first semester with seven credit hours, and I did it on-line, so I have not participated in the school experience by being at the school physically. When I have gone up to the school, meeting with the academic advisor, taking the math placement test, getting a picture I.D., I have felt like I belong to the college community. I am 52 years old, and I feel everyone has been very accomodating.

Datona State College is a friendly, clean, and educational enviornment where you truley feel as though every student matters.

Datona State College is a friendly, educational enviorment. During the registration process, I had to visit several offices, ie. Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Advisor, and never did I wait more that 15 minutes to be seen at each of those offices. The staff is helpful and cheerful. I was able to get all my questions answered. In comparison to other colleges that I have had to do the same process with, this school has truely been the best.

If I were a college senior today, I would tell myself that college is the most important task that one must fulfill. It is best to work hard thoughout your high school years so that as a senior, you can choose any college or university that you would like to attend. My advise is that attending a community or state college first is best as it allows you to take all the general education classes that are neccessary for any degree for a lot less money that doing so at a university. Once all those classes have been compleated, then continue on to a higher education insitute. Also, take advantage of all the help that there is out there as far as scholarships, and grants. Help is definately out there, you just have to apply yourself in order to receive it. Most important, be consistant and follow through. The journey seems long from the start but in a blink of an eye, you are at the finish line and your dreams become realty. Good luck.

Since the age of six, I have known I wanted to be an educator and help other children. When I was younger I recall pretending to be a teacher, assuming the role of the leader as I handed out library books to my friends in order to give a "lesson." As I grew older and went into high school my passion for education grew, though like some high school students I occassionally questioned myself and wondered, "Is this field really for me?" If I were able to turn back the clock and visit myself in my high school years I would simply place a hand on my should and reassure myself that education is, infact the right field for me. I would let my past self know of how important her role is eventually going to be and how she will one day have a positive influence on a child's life.

Students who are not goal orientated should not attend Daytona State College. Not only would they be wasting their time and money, but they would also be wasting the time of Professors, advisors, and other employees that work there. While Daytona State College is fun with plenty of activities and groups, this is not a college known for it's sororities or loud parties. Students who are seeking out and craving to celebrate through long hours of the night would not be too pleased if they attend the very casual and comfortable Daytona State.

Wilmaison

If I went back in time with all I know now and had a long chat with myself I would had told said to do it all. On that note, do it all means attend any meeting's such as sports to try-out, club's to get interactive and much more. Slacking off on free time is not as fun as it seems. So taking and doing my all is what i would tell my self. I had higher leaning in high school which was not a choice so everything was set from there on out.

The best thing about Daytona State College is the class size. You get to learn more by asking questions the are answered. If you need time for a one on one section, the professor is waiting and they apply almost everything to the real world.

I wish had known to push myself harder in everything i do. I learned alot from the school but if i did more and had more time it would of been amazing.

The most important thing is to stay focused and know what I want. When something I don't like happens or I see something that should not be happening, I must speak up and voice my concerns and opinions. I would also tell myself not to let every little thing get to me and not get stressed out so easily.

Caitlyn

My school is a collection of everyone aspiring to make a better life for themselves, whether it be a student straight out of high school or adults looking for a second chance to make their lives as great as possible; there's something to learn from them all.

What I have really gotten out of my college experience is just how easy it is to be social and how acceptable people are with who I am. They are happy to make a new friend, especially if it's someone they can work photography projects with. Before college, I was so incredibly shy, it was practically painful. But when I began college, everyone was the new kid on campus and they valued anyone willing to speak with them. Now into my second semester, I will talk to anyone and everyone. I have made so many friends I know will last. Everyone isn't the same either; it's something I truely value. They are all their own person, liking all whole spectrum of music and fashion and they all have their own ideas on how politics work. It makes for priceless conversations and days out that I will never forget.

People that are only going to college because their parents have the money set aside for them to go should not attend Daytona State. While it doesn't have the workload an ivy league school does, they don't baby their students. If a student doesn't apply themselves, they will never make it in the career world.

Jordan

Attending Daytona State College for my first two years has given me a great start to the education that I need to be a successful elementary teacher. I believe that no matter what, every single person should work towards a great college education because it will be very important for their future. Daytona State College has allowed me to volunteer at local schools to receive the extra experience I will need later down the road, and it has been incredibly helpful. I am extremely excited to get my Associate's Degree in May 2011, and then go to University of Central Florida in Fall 2011 to further my education career.

I wish I had known before attending Daytona State College that it was not much different than attending high school. Seeing as I am in my last semester before I receive my AA, I felt as if I have just completed six years of high school, rather than two years of college.

Daytona Beach Community College is no longer a community college, but a state college. The most frustrating thing about my school is there are not a lot of sports teams, or school spirit like there is at big universities, and I have always wanted to experience that part of college. The students dread going to school because it is just like high school for them. The teachers treat us like we are high-schoolers and I wish they treated us like actual college students even if it is not a bigger university.

Grant

My school is nice, clean and affordable.

My school is nice, clean and affordable.

College benefits many different students in many different ways. The way college benefited me out was by making me a more organized and mature person. Throughout high school, I slacked off and did as little work possible just to make a C in the class. I was told that if i didn't get my act straightened up by college, I would be in trouble. The first day I started my college classes, I was frantic and stressed. I didn't know what to do when the teacher started writing notes in class until I observed everyone else. The good majority of students had their notebooks out writing down exactly what the teacher wrote. I gave in and started writing. Before i knew it, I was writing down every single assignment I had to turn in and every test date. After the semester was over, I was surprised that I received straight A's! I eventually incorporated being organized outside of school and wrote down everything I had to do. Organization overall made me a better person. without college, I would have never learned this valuable life skill nor would I be doing anything special in my life.

I brag to my friends that I am paying half, sometimes even a forth of what they migh be paying for the same exact degree

Daytona State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.