Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Daytona State College

DIEDRELL

My classmates are very young, some determined and others who have to work twice as hard to advance in their current academic programs.

I've gotten so much "different" information in the many different institutions that I've attended and I've learned that the material presented can be given to you via various avenues. Furthering your education will always have its benefits rather than being a negative attribute to add to your resume; in the time that I've spent in college, I've received more career opportunities from the simple fact that I was a college student and was actively seeking to reach a higher level than before as each day had passed. I've learned to be more patient and to become sensitive to others' needs; lend a helping hand whenever you can in order to inspire that brother or sister to continue to reach for the stars, no matter how long it may take. I've also learned that great minds come in all different shapes, sizes and colors; appreciate that all minds interpret things differently, but eventually it will all come together for the common good of the people.

that i would be welcomed with open arms despite my ethnic background and that i there's always someone to go to in order to have your questions answered immediately

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. When I came looking for a school I was lost and didn't know where to turn. I chose this school in the first place because since there are less students in each class I can actually ask questions, so it was for my educational benefit. I also wanted to stay close to home so I didnt have to actually live there. I have learned that at this school they are actually here to help me not like all those other schools that want you there just to say that they have the most students or just to make the most money. I have learn that this school can give me the same education than any other college for an inexpensive tuition and actual help and/or tutoring from teachers.

I wish I new that even thought they were changing to a State college that they didn't have that many 4 year programs. I will now have to transfer to a University or another State college to finish my major.

I think the worst thing was them changing to a State college now. I think this because they have to cut other opportunities from other programs so that they can take over new programs that other schools had. Now that they have made thiis adjustment they have become more expensive and still don't give the opportunities they promised.

Jodel

My class mate Miranda is Great we make each other giggle, we make each other work hard and when one of us is stuck on something the other is always there to help out.

DSC is amazing. they are always ready to answer any question with a smile. People actually take the time to stop and help each other.The sizes of the classes are small enough that you don't feel lost in the crowd. When I was younger I went to a much larger collage and I got lost in the crowd. That is why I believe that I didn't succeed the first time. I know that I will suceed at Dayton State College.

As a recovering addict I have screwed up my share of things, including College the first time. I think the most important thing I have ;learned about going back to college is that I can suceed. And even more importantly that I deserve to suceed. It is also giving me the opportunity for me kids to learn that if you want something bad enough you can succed. I don't them to waste 20 years of their life as a drug addict like I did but I also want them to see that even addiction and be oer come and you can succed.

Veronica

Through the use of a run-on sentence, I must disclose that Daytona State College is a college of great quality as it is filled with motivated professors and students alike who take pride in their academic success and continued prosper throughout each academic year; due to such a quality school it proudly produces quality students.

I've obtained much due to my college experience which has in turn contributed value to my life because I've attended. While a freshman in college, during my first semester, I learned many tools I am able to utilize till this day through courses such as Student Success and Computer Technology. While struggling through mathematics, I was able to receive a grand amount of tutoring sources, compliments of my college, to best assist me to earn the grade I was deserving of. Such sources included access to internet tutoring in various Academic Support Centers within all of their campuses along with tutors, ready to assist, present in all of their ASCs. Furthermore, the college consisted of reliable internet connections in various computer labs, along with the Academic Support Center and library which contributed to my being able to submit my assignments to all of my professors efficiently. At the end of my first semester, I was proud to understand that I earned a GPA of 3.8 and was added to the President's List to receive this award of academic recognition and I was grateful that my college directly influenced my earned achievement.

The kind of person that should attend this school should be one who burns with motivation and enthusiasm toward earning a higher education. The students that will best prosper are those that are interested, enjoy learning and want to thrive during their academic journey. Supportive students are also welcome as Daytona State College is filled with students willing to communicate and help others in their academic grade level or selected courses. Respectful students are also a must when considering attending Daytona State College as such respect allows professors to better focus on the learning curriculum with ease for our benefit.

sweeta

I have got many things from my college experiences. The first thing i got is that a sense of accomplishment and sense of humor. I became very mature person after i started attending to college. Things started to realize that i am not a child anymore and i need to study in order to fulfill my parents and my dream. Without being something or without having an education, I am nothing. It has been valuable to attend college because i wanted to get valuable education in my life. College experience is one of the great things i have achieved in life and i became very sincere in studying. I also learned from the college experience that the time i need to study, i study sincerely and the time i have to do fun, i do fun. While i study i don't think about anything except the study. i have a good GPA right now and i just got qualify for Chi Alpha Epsilon National Honor Society. So, the harder i work the more better things i get. I never thought i would qualify for it but i did. College is a place where i learned many things. Thank you.

jessica

College certainly has been a challenge. It has forced my mind to stay in shape with all those algebraic equations and english papers i have to write on a daily basis. In a way it helps prepare me for my future job as a firefighter where im sure i'll be multi-tasking and loaded down with work, constantly giving all that i can. My college experience would be nothing though if the people i see as i walk down the halls didnt smile and laugh with me after class, if we didnt do math labs together and struggle over difficult problems eventually finding an answer. They made my morning easier, made my college experience an experience rather than just another day- because of them i can feel accomplished and successful as we both grow.

The worst thing about my school is that there is no cafeteria to eat breakfast or lunch, only a small student lounge with a couple microwaves and vending machines.

I brag about being able to set my own times and choosing when i go to class. I brag, especially to my friends still in high school, that i can sleep in longer than they can.

Elida

If I could go back an talk to my high school self i would have said not to ever give up on something i want just because at the time it seems like too much money and to work harder to make sure i got what i wanted out of life. To hold onto my dreams and never let anyone discourge me. And to apply for a few scholarships which i slacked on doing in high school. I would mostly just tell myself that to make sure that I did what ever makes me the happiest no matter what it is, and to stop putting others above me.

Anyone who is honestly dedicated to bettering themselves and enjoys nice scenary along with an old time feel. People who like smaller schools and like knowing the majority of other people's names.

Just how high the tuition is, I love it here but I don't think I can afford another semester. on my own

Jasmin

My number one piece of advice to myself as a high school senior would be to focus as much as I could on my academics so I could obtain my educational goals faster. I happened to be the common high school senior who caught the "senioritis" bug and admittedly slacked off during not only my senior, but also junior, years. I fell so far behind that I could not even walk with my class and had to take courses at the local community college in order to earn my diploma. Now, although I am only 26, I would sit my younger self down and say, "Listen. I know what is best for you and I know what you are capable of. Don't let the distractions of insignificant things hinder your progress. All you have to do is focus enough to graduate on time, and even take dual-courses while still in high school, and you will not regret it. You can be 22 and have completed a Bachelor's degree, or you can be 26 and have two years to go. I know you'll make up your own mind, but please just take heed to this advice."

I obtained my AA in General Studies and continue to take pre-requisite courses at DBCC for my BSH in Dietetics from UNF (where I will be transferring in the summer). I only wish I could attend DBCC (now Daytona State College) for the rest of my educational career, as the professors, advisors, and even financial aid office have all been wonderful to deal with. It is an overall great school.

I just love the professors, the class structure, the advantages offered from the fitness center to the lab materials. Even the academic advisors are a pleasure to deal with.

Marielena

My community college is not known for anything at the moment. It has grown considerably larger in the past few years, much larger than when students like my brother dual enrolled in the small 1 building campus 10 years ago. My school is still spreading its wings, but has helped a lot of students in my city and neighboring cities afford a college education in the process.

I can honestly say that I have not had the pleasure of being a senior yet. Nonetheless, college is worlds different from high school. The pressure is doubled, and the responsibilities are all the more complicated. If I could go back to my freshman or sophomore year, I would have started Dual Enrollment then so my work load could have been more spread out. Additionally, I would have begun entering scholarship contests then, or started researching colleges and majors then- as opposed to now when I have AP exams to prepare for and college work to complete.

Currently, I am still in high school and attending Daytona Beach Community College (now named Daytona State College) in order to receive my AA degree before I end high school. However, the one piece of advice I would give to high school students is to get as many college credits completed as they can before graduating. With AP classes and Dual Enrollment, there are many opportunities for high school students to get college credits for free and not pay tuition.

Daytona State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.