Daytona State College

« See more reviews of Daytona State College

Hi Gwendolyn, First of all I need you to know that I care about you and the road you are headed down. I know that you were abused as a child and you are headed down the road of being out of control for the neglect that you have bared. But listen, there is a better tomorrow, there is a future awaiting you if you will give it a try. Come and check out the college life, talk to a counselor and I guarantee you that your life will take you to having that Art studio, or being a social worker. Your heart is amazing and even throughout all of the hurt you have encountered you can make it. I will not let you fail, I will not let you go down this path of despair and hurt. You will be successful, you will have a wonderful life so that one day you can be a blessing to others. And, isn't that what you really want to do? Come, give college a chance and get your mind off being wild and carefree and put all that energy that you have towards a career , s o let me help you?

Knowing what I know now about college life, if I could go back to my senior class self, I would tell me to stay where I'm at. I duel-enrolled my senior year, and then changed to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University for my college, and that was a mess. I was not quite ready for that tough of a courseload or that dedicated or advanced of a school. I would tell myself to stay at DBCC (now Daytona State) and finish the AS I started, and then decide where to go. Finish all the prequisites at an affordable community college. Knowing where my life ended up, I can't say that I'd change a thing. I'm a little behind schedule, but I wouldn't change my life now for anything, which tells me that I truly can't change my past. So, I'm not a rocket scientist. I can't pass physics. I paid far too much for a school I was in no way prepared for to tell me that, and I wouldn't trade the experiences for anything. I'm back in school, and my life is where it's supposed to be.

I've gotten so much "different" information in the many different institutions that I've attended and I've learned that the material presented can be given to you via various avenues. Furthering your education will always have its benefits rather than being a negative attribute to add to your resume; in the time that I've spent in college, I've received more career opportunities from the simple fact that I was a college student and was actively seeking to reach a higher level than before as each day had passed. I've learned to be more patient and to become sensitive to others' needs; lend a helping hand whenever you can in order to inspire that brother or sister to continue to reach for the stars, no matter how long it may take. I've also learned that great minds come in all different shapes, sizes and colors; appreciate that all minds interpret things differently, but eventually it will all come together for the common good of the people.

If I were a college senior today, I would tell myself that college is the most important task that one must fulfill. It is best to work hard thoughout your high school years so that as a senior, you can choose any college or university that you would like to attend. My advise is that attending a community or state college first is best as it allows you to take all the general education classes that are neccessary for any degree for a lot less money that doing so at a university. Once all those classes have been compleated, then continue on to a higher education insitute. Also, take advantage of all the help that there is out there as far as scholarships, and grants. Help is definately out there, you just have to apply yourself in order to receive it. Most important, be consistant and follow through. The journey seems long from the start but in a blink of an eye, you are at the finish line and your dreams become realty. Good luck.

If I could go back in time and tell my highschool senior self a few things about college life now that i've expierienced, this is what i would say. Dear Natasha Bradley, girl please graduated and immediately go off to college. Do not wait or take a break or you will not have that passion to attend like you had when you first completed high school. The information you learn in high school will be fresh in your brain and you will not have to take pointless prepertory classes to reawaken your brain. You will be more prepared for college because you and your friends would have visted schools and completed all the neccissary paperwork needed to enroll and recieve financial aid. You will feel more comfortable being at school with friends of yours, that are in your same age group instead complete strangers younger (freshman classes) then you. So please Natasha i beg of you, Don't procrastinate PLEASE go directly too college.

I know there is the saying of never saying never but if I could go back to being my youthful and lively high school self , I would tell myself never, "never stop being full of life, never give up, and never stop following your dreams. I know it sounds cliché but it is the truth and this advice will take you far. It is 2014 and I love my life the way it is but if I had this advice I would be further along in my process of being successful. First, never stop being full of life, vibrant, positive, and fun to the people you know and the people you will meet. Second, when going through the application process and test taking for college it might be strenuous but study hard and never give up. Last, If there is something you dream of doing please follow your dream and never think it can't be accomplished. Never say you can't do something because you can accomplish anything you put your heart, mind, and soul into.”

If I were given the chance to go back in time and tell myself, as a high school senior, about college life and making the transition, I would deffinately do so. I would let myself know that college life isn't as hard as it sounds and the transition would be easier if I enrolled imediately. I would explain that taking time off isn't as appealng as it sounds and that getting back on track is hard. I would inform myself where the economy is headed and how important it is to go to college right after high school. I would let myself know that college isn't that much different from highscool, exept your classes are spread out so that you have time to yourself in-between. I would say how stimulating college is and how it helps build character. I believe going back in time to let myself know about college life and the transition would open my eyes, relieve stress and make a difference by keeping me on track.

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior and knowing what I know now about college life, I would definitely give myself a few tips and heads up. Some advice I would give is to really be ready for the difference in maturity from high school to college; teachers are a lot less tolerant of childish behavior now. Also, between long classes you?ll definitely get hungry or thirsty, so always have change or single dollar bills for vending machines. Another piece of advice I?d give myself is to stay on top of my work and everything else will follow in line and college life will be a lot easier. Lastly I?d tell myself to relax, and have fun. It?s okay to talk to people and make new friends. Chances are everyone else is just as stressed or lost as you might be. College can be a really great time in a persons life, you just need to take full advantage of it!

If I could go back in time and tell myself that I needed to go to college after high school I would want to know why. Now that I have the answers it is all too clear. It is so much easier to go to college when you are younger and carefree. There is no real worry about bills, that mom and dads job. You also never know where life is going to lead you. You might have children and cant go to college at the time you have decided you are ready. Go while you are in a position where you have help from your parents. After you become a parent it is a lot harder to study, make money and have time for fun things like college parties and activities. I do hope that every high school student has enough encouragement to go to college and make something out of their life. It makes it all worth it when you have a rewarding carreer, and the benifits that come along with it.

I, personally would go back and tell myself to wait on getting married and having a child. You have plenty of time for that. I love my family,but unfortunetally I feel like I am missing out on the whole "college experience." Sometimes you can get caught up in being a senior. It's the last step you take before you enter the real world, and it's freightening. I graduated in 2007, and have been attending Daytona State Collge since. I will have my associates degree by next December. From there I will be continuing on to get my bachelor's degree in education. It's taken a little bit more time, and it's hard to sit back and realize that my friends are going to be graduating next year. If I could go back and tell myself that,then maybe I'd wait until I finish school to start a family, and then the over all transition woulb be alot smoother.