Daytona State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Daytona State College

Destinee

I love Daytona State College, its my dream college and it definitely lived up to my expectations. Daytona State College is really amazing to us Culinary Artist. My teacher recommended this school to me to further my education in culinary arts. My next door neighbor also was really excited to hear that i wanted to go.

Paige

DSC has been nothing but a great experience for me, I appreciate the friendships I've made, knowledge I've learned, and mentors I've gained. The facilities for the photography department are incredible, the stockroom even offers rentals and checkouts to aid in photoshoots.

Zachary

I am one of many students that did not want to attend Daytona State at first for the sole reason that it is a community college. Being in a financial situation most suitable to Daytona State, I had to go there to get my education, but what I, and many other students came to realize, is that Daytona State offers so much for so little. It is incredibly affordable, with absolutely no sacrifices to its facilities, programs, or professors. Getting my education at Daytona State wasn't a decision I made, but turned out to be the best decision I could've had. Community colleges get a bad reputation for being second to universities, when really they are offering students like me the chance to learn.

Candace

It's a good two-year college, but I wish it were more clear to do dual-enrollment. As a high school student interested in the program I did receive a run around because no on could tell me the information I requested. Overall, I liked the school, but if improvement ideas were requested this is my opinion because no one's perfect and everyone can do better.

Daytona state wasn't the college I expected it to be. When attending Daytona state it can feel like a ghost town because there nothing really to do. That's why I am very excited to transfer to FAMU my dream college. FAMU is the college that I feel I would fit in the most and they have so many activities that its amazing.

Jonah

I enjoy being able to dual enroll. It has been a great help in advancing my career goals. A good local state college. Professors are pretty friendly and so are students. The bookstore is well run. The online classes run pretty smoothly, too. The campus is clean.

Daytona State is a fantastic place to learn and grow. There is an eclectic facility and student body which makes for an interesting learning environment. Most of the teachers are helpful and friendly. I felt that my grades and overall well being was cared about. The food isn't amazing but there is an assortment of options and location to help fuel up for the school day. There are many people who like to harp on DSC but at the end of the day it really is a great school.

Jesse

Daytona College provides an excellent learning atmosphere for the students. I was very impress with the overall support system that they have in place throughout the school schedule day, evenings and weekends. They have an outstanding study hall and computer homework system that can be utilized by the students at any time. The professors are always available to assist the students. The school has tutoring in several areas of the school that are readily available to assist students in every field of study. The campus has a great layout, classes are close to each other and the courses guidelines are of high standard. The school provides breakfast and lunch during school hours and there are several vending machines on campus for snacks. The school is equipped with security guards and cameras throughout the grounds. There are plenty of safe spaces for parking your vehicle and the staffs are very resourceful and are dedicated in helping you to succeed. The sports facilities are great and the school also has a weight room facility for those who are into working out. There is also an offsite location for computer advancement students, equipped with the most advance technology software. Daytona State offers a variety of courses and that can be taken in a classroom setting or on-line. There are one on one counseling, advisors and office staff members always ready to assist you. The finance departments, along with other offices of expertise are there to make life easier through grants, scholarships and loans to meet your needs. I would give the college an overall rating of 100.

Noemi

I LOVE IT, the class size, the assistance provided and everything on campus from extra curricular activities to academics. The professors are willing to help with everything. It is such a fun filled environment that makes going to school feel like home.

Charisma

Its very nice scene. You have to leave to get food. New buildings are very nice and pretty. Overall a nice college in daytona beach.

i enjoy it very much and cannot wait to become enrolled. From the administrators to the staff and professors and even my fellow classmates, the environment is welcoming and friendly. The opportunity to improve your life and working on doing the best possible for yourself starts with getting out there and starting. Daytona State is a perfect and prime example of that ability to grasp your life.

Daytona state is a small campus, which means small class sizes. Which is perfect because you actually get help and you know your professor. Next if you live in the state of Florida the tuition is very low. Last after your done in the classroom leave campus make a left head two miles down the road and you're at the beach!

Tristen

I suffer with anxiety so good new places is hard for me. My first day at Daytona State College though I was amazed on how I felt right away. I feel comfortable everyday at Daytona State College. The teachers actually care about myself and how I am doing. The teachers care about my education and how well I’m doing also.

Lori

It offers an amazing Cosmetology program, which is incredibly outstanding. I am looking forward to being a falcon!

Justin

It has a very beautiful campus, has small classes so there is more one on one involvement with professors, and there are great student services. Also affordable tuition. One of the best student services has to be the Academic Support Center. You can go to a quite place to get homework done, study, and receive help for free from on site tutors. TRiO Student Support Services is one of the programs of the ASC. They provide a one-to-one with any tutor who can meet with you privately to help you on which ever class you need help in. They also provide mentor ship, advising, and college field trips such as, University campus tours. Overall Daytona State College is a great school. It's close to home and very convenient going between home and work.

Casey

Daytona State has a wonderful campus. I love meeting new and friendly faces every time I go. The only negative aspect I can find for Daytona State is the unfamiliarity towards the IB program (which I was a part of). When I was in the process of applying, it seemed like it was something new to the counselors, although each time they helped to their full ability. Besides this, I have come to love this campus and I am proud to be apart of such a student-oriented college.

Lisa

I am a dual enrolled student at Daytona State College. It's a great environment for technical and trade school, as well as a great place to earn your Associate of Arts, which is what I have been working towards. However, the professors tend to be hit-or-miss. You can either have an outstanding, brilliant, dedicated professor, or a professor who has utterly given up and just wants to collect a paycheck. That being said, students here are great at warning each other about a "meh" professor, so we will usually end up with someone great. Advising is a little bit hard to get a hold of at times, but when you do, you'll have all of your questions answered and concerns addressed. It's not in the nicest part of Daytona, but there are some fun things to do closer to the racetrack. Overall, Daytona State is not a bad choice.

Meagen

Daytona State College is the most safe campus I have set food on. Even if I were to have a bad feeling in my gut, Campus Security would be happy to assist me to my car. There are many resources available as well. Free tutors, a writing center, academic study halls, a library with thousands of reliable resources for research, and an on-campus tech team.

Daytona State is a great place to earn and undergraduate degree locally. Tuition is reasonable and the campuses are easily navigated and well-kept. The staff is overall friendly and accessible. The resources that the school offers is top-notch with many academic support services scattered around their campuses. I would recommend Daytona State to any degree or certification seeking student in Florida.

It is an affordable college with good services, considering the price. There are many services offered, including a library, academic support center, tutoring, and office hours with the professors. There are multiple campuses, but the campus in Daytona Beach is the largest with the most resources available. Daytona State College is not very academically challenging, but it prepares you to go to a university.

Shaniah

Daytona state college is a great place to receive an associates degree. The professors are professional and helpful and they encourage you to succeed in and outside of the classroom. The school offers many resources like the writing center and study groups where you can go for extra help. The tuition isn’t bad at all one of the reasons I attended daytona state was due to me not being able to afford a university tuition.

Noah

I like it very much. It has an amazing arts program, although I have not been in any of it's art classes. I have seen several of their showcases and they were top notch. It also has an incredible tech campus with just some of the best facilities for learning in the computer, engineering and robotics fields.

Camille

My overall opinion of Daytona State is that it’s a wonderful college. The teachers are excellent and their are plenty of resources to help students. It’s an inexpensive college and contains information that is useful. The college is well known to many people.

Katrina

As a first year student, I can honestly say that Daytona State College is a great place to start your college education. The classes are relatively small with 20-30 students and the professors work hard to help you achieve academic success. The Daytona Beach campus is very nice, making walks to classes very enjoyable. Overall, Daytona State is a great school and I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested.

angelene

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Daytona State College. When I moved to Flagler County in 2010 DSC was the closest local college to my residence. I decided to check it out and see about furthering my education with a Bachelors Degree in Business. i meet with the director in the Business program and knew this was the right path for me. the director was friendly, knowledgeable and honest about what to expect throughout the program. My favorite thing about the program was all course books were borrowed from the campus library meaning $0 was spent on course books! I strongly recommend considering DSC to friends and family looking to continue their education. In fact, after my graduation I convinced my father to continue his education and obtain a bachelors in Engineering with DSC.

Daytona State College is a great undergraduate school for general education. I like that the class size isn't too big, so that I can still feel like I can ask questions if I need to. We also have plenty of services to help us succeed, such as the academic support center. There are always tutors there who are very helpful.

Calvin

Daytona State College is a nice area where students can be themselves. I personally go to the Deland campus, so it's a smaller campus with good professors. The campus advisers and the staff are all very kind and help you where you need to go. My campus is located in a very peaceful area with a forest behind it. This creates a nice view and makes it fun to just walk around.

John

Classes: They are generally solid and straightforward in terms of work and content. Some of them are also particularly well done. The education courses are among those very good classes. Professors: They're helpful. There's not a lot of bad apples among them. The professors communicate well and there's rarely an issue with any of them, as long as you do the work. Students: They're average. Some are good, some are less-than-motivated. However, they don't detract from classes too much.

Lindsey

Love the nursing program and the professors involved. They are always available to students.

Theresa

Daytona State College is one of the best colleges you can go to if you don't care about the Ivy League, or if you want to go to the University of Central Florida. They have excellent sport teams, and are adding more teams yearly. The arts program is definitely one of the biggest , most important things at DSC, to the point where they have a Cafe where everybody can taste what the culinary students have learned, and a museum with all the art students work. They have concerts and plays from band and drama almost every weekend, and the on-campus life is hard to not get caught up in. But the campus isn't only about fun times. The classes are fulfilling, and not just about whats going to be on the test, but also anything pertaining to your subject of study, with plenty of opportunities to find something new that just blows. your. mind. This school is definitely one of the best out there!

Alexia

I love Daytona State as a great starter school. Perfect for students who wish to transfer to a University. The teachers know your name and are always available. I attend the Flagler/Palm Coast Campus and my only complaint is that everyone of my classes is filled with high school students.

Sophia

I am dual enrolled, so I take my A.A. classes while doing high school. It is pretty awesome; I am still considered a kid so coming to a college campus when I am used to a high school campus is a big adjustment. Daytona State College is a great school to "adjust" to and I feel safe here while taking great classes that fit my needs with easily accessible professors​.

Rebecca

Best place to go, wonderful staff who have the drive and heart to help students. Very financially friendly! There are many programs to go into making it more than just a 2 year school. There is something for everyone. And people willing to go the extra mile for you!

Gillian

I love all of the professors I had my freshman year. Daytona State College is going through some renovations and I think it will help the campus feel more modern. The classroom settings and the academic support centers are great! The gym needs an update and the membership is not included with tuition.

Remy

I like the college. I think it is a very neat school with lots of things to do. Everyone is very friendly there and the living is not bad there. There are many different places off campus to go and eat. There is also a mall nearby so after class a lot of people like to go there to just chill.

Justin

Daytona state college has enabled me to do a lo of things. Dealing with fin. aid can be frustrating and take a while but in class I have gotten a few professors I feel truly care and are very good at teaching the subjects they teach. Keep in mind college is what you make it, there are plenty of clubs, stay involved.

Katherine

Daytona State is a fantastic public college where you can earn a plethora of degrees for a good price. Also, the college has a lot of direct connects with other colleges so that you can take your general education classes there. It's a great college!

Patti

Being an older student going back to school to get a degree my overall opinion of Daytona State College is that it's a great college. All the instructors are great and if you take online classes the instructors are very easy to get a hold of. Taking a class at the campus is also great there is a mixture of younger and older students so you don't feel out of place. Also they have tutoring for anyone who needs it and all the tutors are great.

Frederick

It is a college, not a university. It has no on campus housing, but the classes are accredited and the tuition is dirt-cheap. This is a great starting college because even if you decide that you have pursued the wrong major, the counselors will help and you are down $2,000 instead of $20,000. It has great facilities, all the staff is informed and polite and the overall environment is peaceful which makes it a great place to lean.

Victoria

Daytona state college is a small college amongst a busy and crowded town. This college has many sports to participate on and the college always comes together as a whole for big events like games or community events, and there's always something going on at the college to keep you busy. There are many quiet places for students to focus on their schoolwork and studying as well as places where students can let loose, like the cafe, and take a break from the stressors of college.

Dakota

Pretty good community college will friendly people. The atmosphere is awesome as well as the location. Staff is great as well, always there to help you after school or during class, depending on the teacher. Definitely a great college to start off at for freshman to get a fell for college.

cameron

Daytona State College is in my opinion, is the best affordable college to attend. The grounds are well kept, the students are friendly and willing to help each other succeed, the teachers and staff are more than willing to help the students achieve their goals.

Olivia

Daytona State is a great college to go to and it is even greater for me, because I get to stay home and live with my family while going to the school that fits me best. There are many locations in the are that are available for students to stay close to home and work and also save gas. All the campus' are equipped with the basic needs of students. The main campus in Daytona Beach is where I go and they just got done with the new studnet center that includes our brand new cafeteria, starbucks, library, writing center and many meeting rooms for groups and classes to work on projects and present them in a nice professional setting.

megan

Excellent, affordable schooling that actually cares about its students to ensure they succeed. They offer a variety of programs for those wanting to be apart of a club and event have a Women and Men’s center for those in need where they provide food, clothing, and options to help them in life.

Andrew

I've enjoyed my year at Daytona State College. I am a dual-enrolled student there, and I've found that the professors are always helpful if you're willing to put in the work. It's a nice campus, and there's plenty of stuff to do. The beach is about 15 minutes away, there are plenty of places to eat, and if you want a big city atmosphere on the weekends Orlando is only an hour away. It's definitely the best place in the area to get your undergraduate degree.

Paige

Overall the college is a well place to be. People are friendly and professors are always there to help you when you need it. You never have to be afraid to ask your professor for anything. The campus is always clean. There’s food and drinks and things to do on your free time.

Madison

Good 2 year school to attend to save some serious cash, especially if a local resident. Teachers are usually terrible to get a hold of if you are taking online classes, I'd like to assume in person is better. I had to do a lot of personal reading and self teaching because not all my professors were well organized and/or helpful, but some were. New student center was recently built with many student connections and activities.

GIANNA

Overall, DSC has everything at all of their campuses that you would need, such as a library, printers, computers, academic support centers, financial advisors, counselors, and so much more. Majority of the classes are small, around 25-30 students maximum, depending on the class. But with a smaller class there is more availability to ask questions and receive one on one help with your professor.

Daytona State College is a college that has given incredible opportunities to me, as a high school student. I am grateful for what they have given me. The opportunities are great for dual enrollment students. I have been given many resources to be able to work towards my A.A. degree.

Miranda

I like the school overall! It’s different than my old school, we have less days off than my old school but I’m learning more. I wish I had more time to do school work outside of class instead of cramming it into the small amount of time that I am off of school.