Daytona State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Daytona State College

Julia

As a dual enrolled student, I enjoy the freedom I have at Daytona State compared to my high school. The students are mature, the staff is wonderful, and the professors are passionate about what they teach. Daytona State College is a wonderful place to start your college career— whether you are getting your degree there or if you are transferring to a University later on. I highly recommended this school.

Terriona

Daytona State is an amazing college. The faculty and teachers are so nice and they try their best and they really care about your education and they try to help you succeed in your courses. They have a good and decent amount of students in each class. My experience has been great ever since I have been at Daytona State College.

Alannah

I think Daytona State College is a good place to get prerequisite requirements out of the way and get an early exposure on college life. The classes aren't too difficult and the resources on campus are helpful in regards to learning about how many opportunities and how much help is available in college.

Tavaris

When I first got to Daytona state I wasn't expecting to be wowed by the campus but when I arrived the campus was really amazing and beautiful.Everything was modern and nice. When I attended my first class i was really nervous but all of the professors were really nice and very helpful. The campus also has so many things to do so that you are never bored. The final thing that I really like was that they have rooms so that you can go in and study if you want or have a group discussion with your classmates.

Amber

Daytona State is a great place. This college use to be a community college and has grown quite a bit. Daytona Beach Community College is now Daytona State College and also teams with UFC , University Of Florida. If you attend Daytona State College for your AA they allow any student to transfer right into University of Florida. Daytona State offers many classes, the offer traits, AA, BA, and bachelor. They have a lot of resources such as; Trio program , STEM, job placement, tutoring, and much more. They just recently added a brand new beautiful building, with a food court. The offer a gym pass for students at a great price with benefits to the family. Daytona State is also home of the Falcons, being the mascot. This college offers basketball, baseball, and a few other sports. This school is home to all even mothers, with daycare assistance. At this college you will see all ages, everyone fits in!!

Duan

I think it will be a good college to go to for my first two years. I talked to one of the ad-missioners and I got set up and everything but the only thing they are waiting for is just for me to come. They provide plenty of academics and extracurricular activities for the students who come to Daytona state. The professors are most likely engaged in the students and their conversations so they can get ahead in life.

Teagan

I have had a great experience at Daytona State thus far. So often I would worry about the professors I would be taking because of negative reviews but I found that students who have experienced these negative situations may not have taken the right precautions to prevent them. Daytona State College is an outstanding place to attend and is packed with professors who love what they do and are knowledgeable of their material.

Madeline

I have enjoyed my time at Daytona State College and am thankful for how smooth sailing earning my AA degree has been. My professors are extremely helpful and the facilities are nice enough. One thing I wish is that they had more classes available when it comes to those specific to majors.

Camryn

I think it’s a very good school. Plenty of options for classes and the academic advisors are extremely helpful. Every professor so far is very knowledgeable and helpful in their course. It makes the college life very easy and I look forward to taking more classes.

Destinie

It is an amazing school to learn more about your career. We have visited the school met with the student advisor and she was respectful, helpful and showed me where I needed to look to get where I want to be in my career. She mentioned that they have a direct connect with UCF, which is very helpful.

Elizabeth P

This school has assisted me in many ways. I am proud to be a student here and I will continue untilI graduate with my pursued degree. I always have access to assistance and always learn from all the professors with ease. The classes are easy if you apply yourself and the atmosphere is as any other college with the mix of different personalities that each student brings to the classroom.

Skyler

i love this college. their atmosphere is always positive and welcoming. i have never had a problem here and i love it

Brandon

Daytona State College is one of the best community colleges in the world! Here is what makes Daytona State College so special! I love the smaller class sizes. Having smaller class sizes enables the students and I to get up close and personal to the professor to make learning easier. Sometimes you can also get after class tutoring if you don't understand a subject in class which better enhances your learning and furthers your knowledge about that subject your professor is teaching! The learning environment is a fun and interactive experience that gets the most out of your learning! All the staff at Daytona State College has a positive attitude and always finds a way to make a positive and fun learning environment for every student on campus!

Alejandra

It is a very nice community college that is really convenient for many students because of their many campuses available. The classes are a really nice size with one on one help with teachers and the facilities are really useful. The main campus is right by the Daytona speedway and beach which gives you a lot of opportunity for activities and their new student center is so modern and breathtaking. It is a really nice state college catering to your needs online and in class.

I liked attending this school I think the campus is a little small but very safe and close to shops. I was always able to talk to my teachers if needed even my online teachers. The theater and library are my favorite spots on campus. I wish there was a pool.

Julian

A very clean campus, nice guidance, and wonderful staff assistance. The campus seems big and active, and they have a very wide variety of available courses. Also, they have great accessibility to student resources such as financial aid and support. Overall great state college.