Cupertino, CA
De Anza College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend De Anza College

Brandy

All the classmates I have had have been wonderfully helpful, friendly, and devoted to their education.

Do not wait to go to college. Go now, take care of your future now. You will have so much more accomplished by the time you are my age if you take the time to go and get your nursing degree now. College life is not hard, you just have to manage your time between work and school to make sure you get your homework done. I know you can do it. You have the drive, you just need to stop thinking you are not smart enough because you are. Don't let it take you as long as it took me to realize that. You are smart enough and you are worth it. And it's not hard at all to adjust to more school work and making new friends. You have been doing that same thing the past 12 years. Take the plunge!

The worst thing about my school is the tiny parking spaces. If the parking spaces were a bit bigger there would be less damage happening to student vehicles.

Aidan

A diverse, left-leaning, environmentally friendly school with very intelligent and caring professors.

Very diverse, focused on grades above everything else.

I would advise myself to think everything through entirely and think about what I actually want to do with my life so I can accurately prepare a plan for college classes. The college social life is not much different than high school life, so I do not think I could give much advice other than telling myself to realize that a lot of the people I am "friends" with, are just people that I have gone to high school with. Basically do not get too attached to everyone. But in terms of school I would tell myself not to procrasitnate with anything.

My school is best known for being one of the best community colleges to go to if you are financially struggling and planning to transfer to a four year university. Many students like me do not want to go in debt in the future so most of us start in De Anza because they do FAFSA and fee waivers if you cannot be able to pay for tuition/books. I've heard many great experiences from past students that they made the right choice attending there and educationally prepared themselves for transferring to the universities they wanted to transfer to.

The biggest life lesson I gained from college are wanting great things for your life is the ultimate priority. The agenda is to construct plans or options for anything that comes in my way especially when the best and worst come at me. Be prepared and not rely to one alternative because it is all about taking risks and willing to accept transition. Be someone where later generations can look up to and the ability to do anything possible to thrive in the future. Be grateful that you chose to continue to further your education given the chance to compete, achieve and overcome challenges. You will not trade this special memory for anything in the world. These favorable moments will not happen overnight but it can and will happen. You need to refuse to wait those incredible opportunities and the best step to do so is chasing those dreams. Do not stress about the minor things because problems are temporary, quitting, however, lasts forever. As you grow older, you will be content. You are not alone trying to figure out what my path should be. Everything will fall into place and enjoy every minute of it.

The most frustrating thing about my school is not knowing if I chose the right professor that suits me and my studying habits because it is more of a gamble and I highly rely on ratemyprofessors.com to get reviews from past students. Before I have registered my classes, I always search the professor's name on the website and see what are the student's opinions with the course and how the teacher's teaching skills is like. It goes from a poor, average and highly recommend scale and students give well explained input about the courses and instructor.

Coming fresh out of high school, becoming involved with a club or more on campus can make a positive outcome for your first college experience.

High school sucks. I know you're unhappy with the community you're surrounded by. Do you think having the perfect group of friends is asking for too much? It is, unless you venture out from the internet and out of your parents' house. You're a shy kid right now, but going out of your comfort zone to meet new people and forge friendships will truly be satisfying. I promise. Go to De Anza and attend that first Students for Justice club meeting. You will love what every opportunity has to offer afterwards. The club members are understanding, thoughtful and supportive enough to be the community that you've been searching for. Individually, they're far from perfect, but as a group, you're all like-minded and driven enough to achieve the same goals in your future campaigns. You'll be making the most out of your community college experience. So, High School Senior Me, take a deep breathe and forgive. Let go of the past, experience what the world has to offer you in the present, and build a prosperous future for yourself.

The school can change how it handles sexual assault. After one report in the fall quarter of 2013, every student was sent various emails about the location of the assault and a drawn picture of the perpetrator before ceasing any further correspondence between the school and the student body. To this day, I have no idea whether the perpetrator was arrested. What followed immediately after this assault was a single event to address school safety. There were no further events in 2013 that addressed negative effects of sexual assault and practicing safety on campus and off campus.

Jacob

De Anza is a very culturally diverse Communtiy College. We take pride in being one too by having shows put on throughout the day with different types of traditional dances and music. On occasion the college does have a food fair so that people can learn about different cultural cuisines. Our professors are for the most part understanding and will work with you to help succeed. This college is the middle ground between high school and a university. This college also felt like I just attended class and then left without getting to know my peers. Join Extra-Curriclar Activities!

The biggest change that I would make if I were to go back would be to plan for college a lot sooner, because you never know what you will be hit with financially down the road. For example, I just recently was hit with a car $3500.00 car repair bill, which took a pretty good chunk of what I could have used to pay for college. Also as high school senior you are more worried about what is going to happen on a day to day basis, like taking tests and senior ball, rather than looking further down the road. Which leads me to my next piece of advice I would give myself, which would be to do the research on possible universities I would want to attend to get a better idea on how much it would actually cost. Overall even though I would't be able to pick the best college for myself at the time, due to being undeclared, it would have given me a better idea of how much financial aid to look for. In order to be one step ahead and less stressed, you had better plan out your finances sooner rather than later.

I think the most frustrating part of my school was that sometimes I had a class dropped three days before a quarter started due to lack of enrollment. However all the other available times were already full by then, so they would close your only option, for that class, for the quarter.

Eduardo

My school is best known for having the nicest campus for a community college around.

First of all, remember that your education is all about you. If possible, remove all other people as variables. Don't choose to stay home because you want to be close to just one person. There are amazing people to be met anywhere in the world and you can always reunite with friends to share your new experiences. Most importantly, don't fear the cost. There is money available to everyone. The government and other organizations want to help you strive. You'll get help as long as you earn it and go out to look for it. Still, remember to save as much as you can. As scary as it is to have to decide what to study, where to live, and how to pay for it (among other things) you're going to love it. What you're about to gain from college will change you in ways you won't realize now. You'll lose some things but gain so many others. College is full of trade offs. Be open to anything and everything. Have fun and make the best of this opportunity.

The best part about De Anza is how much clubs attempt to make students interact in fun ways.

I would go back and tell myself to skip Gavilan College and go straight to De Anza, yet the experience I have had at Gavilan has rewarded me, De Anza has more opportunity. I would tell myself to work even harder than I ever had while attending De Anza and that I do well at the quarter system. Mainly I would say, "Amanda, you have this in the bag. You have a bright future where ever you go. Just work hard and it pays off!"

I know people who do go to this school and they say it is very fast paced but they love it as much as they don't at the same time.

I misinterpreted, I am going here, as in been accepted through Palo Alto Universities program but I attend Gavilan College at the moment. I know people who do attend this school and they are students who do well there. The type of person for this school is: well organized, deicated to their work, does not mess around, attends each class, and wants to have a very bright future.

Katya

Knowing what I know now, how much work goes into finding the right school and being able to afford school, I would definitely tell myself to put a lot more effort into researching schools, financial aid, scholarships, get a real head start. I am now 22, having spent three years at a community college, waiting until last minute to research and apply for financial aid because I was accepted to a school in France but can't afford it without outside assistance. I would also tell myself to stop procrastinating and get a jump start on looking for Universities, because, with the economy now, and with how many schools are not accepting incoming freshmen and transfers, I should have had this stuff done long ago.

I like that it does not discriminate against any single person and that anyone, young or old, rich or poor, American or not can attend.

Sibel

Don't waste time. Go to college/university right away and get your bachelors degree, even if you don't know exactly what you want to do or major in right now. As you go to school, it will come to you what you want.

Everyone. De Anza is great for freshman coming in, and for working and older students completing an AA degree while working. De Anza has great teachers and a wide variety of programs, and classes offered to fit your schedule.

Alexander

The unique thing about De Anza Community College is that it is the last community college that still uses the quarter system. This is very useful because when i transfer to a Four-year University than I will be adjusted to the quarter system.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would tell myself to stop being lazy and apply to a University. I am smart enought but too lazy and now I have to deal with all the hassles of transferring. I would also tell myself that I should start taking some college classes at a community college during senior year so that I will be ahead. I won't have to worry or stress about taking a plethora of classes each year.

The worst thing about De Anza college is that they raised prices of the units so I have to pay more on top of the costs of books.

De Anza College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.